Looking for a new turntable in 1.5 to 3.5 Lakh range.

@Lizard King Do let us know of any progress on the shortlist and purchase :)
I'm still in the hunt.
Rega Planar 8
Mofi Ultradeck
SL 1210GR2
SL 1300G (when available)
Denon DP 3000NE
is the shortlist. Not looking at very esoteric products as I won't have a minute of spare time to fix even a small screw, should anything go wrong. Reliability is an extremely important criteria. As also cartridge swappability. Hence considering the Denon and Technics models with slightly more interest. But last few months have been crazy, no chance to go for any audition.
In the meantime. Added a power amp to the chain. Significant improvement in all aspects. Enjoying.

no expert here...my 1 cent... I recently acquired a G401, and while scouring the web for insights and trivia, I read that owners of Loricraft now use a SL-1200GR2. on a separate occasion, when I sought feedback from a very esteemed forum member on what direction I should take, he too, without hesitation, guided me toward the SL-1200GR2. now this is coming from FM who has the best TT one can ever have.

i was close to pulling the plug, but couldn't locate used ones at decent price abroad ...got a good deal for the G401, and hence pulled the plug....but i feel, if budget allows, a brand new GR2 would go a long way. lot of good reviews out there. if revolver club is selling a brand new piece, at 2.4-2.6, i think its worthwhile...

no expert here...my 1 cent... I recently acquired a G401, and while scouring the web for insights and trivia, I read that owners of Loricraft now use a SL-1200GR2. on a separate occasion, when I sought feedback from a very esteemed forum member on what direction I should take, he too, without hesitation, guided me toward the SL-1200GR2. now this is coming from FM who has the best TT one can ever have.

i was close to pulling the plug, but couldn't locate used ones at decent price abroad ...got a good deal for the G401, and hence pulled the plug....but i feel, if budget allows, a brand new GR2 would go a long way. lot of good reviews out there. if revolver club is selling a brand new piece, at 2.4-2.6, i think its worthwhile...
The new Technics decks are highly praised especially by the reliable folks like Fernando from skyfi audio.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back