Mi or Vu TV?

Friends this tv is for my old aged father. So i dont need hi fi features but bigger size. I have almost finalised but confused between these two.

Mi 4x pro 55- 40000 in flipkart
Vu android 55- 42000 in flipkart.
Pls help me to finalise one.Thanks in advance friends.

You should take a look at TCL too, they are compare able to both of these if not better and third largest tv manufacturing company in the work and also offers 3 years as standard warranty which no other company offers even for expensive models.

if I have to choose between the two you choose it will be MI as they are having much better reputation in India.

As far as I remember Mi tv had many software glitches
Maybe it's solved now. Only a user can confirm

If it's me I will stick to VU even if I have to spend little more

+1 for TCL. last month bought a 50 inch 4K TV from Croma. 3 years company warranty + 2 years extended. Grand total 33k.

I ordered from amazon initially but returned as online channel carries only 1.5 years warranty.

If you only want a big screen and can live with ok picture quality, then go for it!

Friends this tv is for my old aged father. So i dont need hi fi features but bigger size. I have almost finalised but confused between these two.

Xiaomi Mi TV, as it has chromecast built-in and built with android TV interface.. Streaming is easy for any age group & casting youtube content to TV is also easy.. If you buy from Flipkart, you can opt for additional warranty by Flipkart..

You may also consider 49/50 inch FHD panels from Xiaomi, approx 30K..With instant discount offer, you should be able to get them for couple of thousands less..

You should take a look at TCL too, they are compare able to both of these if not better and third largest tv manufacturing company in the work and also offers 3 years as standard warranty which no other company offers even for expensive models.

if I have to choose between the two you choose it will be MI as they are having much better reputation in India.
Thanks friend. I will consider

+1 for TCL. last month bought a 50 inch 4K TV from Croma. 3 years company warranty + 2 years extended. Grand total 33k.

I ordered from amazon initially but returned as online channel carries only 1.5 years warranty.

If you only want a big screen and can live with ok picture quality, then go for it!
Thanks friend

Xiaomi Mi TV, as it has chromecast built-in and built with android TV interface.. Streaming is easy for any age group & casting youtube content to TV is also easy.. If you buy from Flipkart, you can opt for additional warranty by Flipkart..

You may also consider 49/50 inch FHD panels from Xiaomi, approx 30K..With instant discount offer, you should be able to get them for couple of thousands less..
Its for my father only Sir. He will be watching only tamil serials and news channels. Thatswhy i am looking for a basic but large screen tv.

I have a Mi 4A 43in TV and its pretty good value for money but one thing I don't like is the slow start/shutdown time....it takes almost 10-15 seconds for the OS to boot up and the same for shutdown. Quite annoying at times. Not sure if the same issue is there on other Android based TVs also.

I have a Mi 4A 43in TV and its pretty good value for money but one thing I don't like is the slow start/shutdown time....it takes almost 10-15 seconds for the OS to boot up and the same for shutdown. Quite annoying at times. Not sure if the same issue is there on other Android based TVs also.
Thanks friend. Hope TCL doesnt have this problem

TCL 139 cm (55 inch) Ultra HD 4K LED Smart TV, 55R500 available in reliance digital for 39000

TCL 138.71 cm (55 Inches) 4K UHD Smart LED TV 55P65US (Black) available in Amazon for 39000.

Which is better model or shall i go for Mi 4x pro friends?

Mi has a lot of patchy reviews on Amazon. Read yourself. In a nutshell, most say that it’s gamble - if it works, great; else it’s a disaster

No such issues like this with TCL, thus far. Startup is also fast and I haven’t experienced any Software problems, although I have even removed home wifi to avoid unnecessary RF signature with a kid around at home

TCL 139 cm (55 inch) Ultra HD 4K LED Smart TV, 55R500 available in reliance digital for 39000

TCL 138.71 cm (55 Inches) 4K UHD Smart LED TV 55P65US (Black) available in Amazon for 39000.

Which is better model or shall i go for Mi 4x pro friends?
do not buy TCL from Amazon as you will get warranty for 1.5 years
rather try Tatacliq
and if you do not need smart features/android tv than get this:

i recently bought a 43 inch vu premium android (first non premium brand if you call it) for my parents. Till now I should say I am impressed. There are few not so tight user experience, but it's ok, i can live with it.

The issue with both these brands is that when you watch a film, it looks like video.
I'd really recommend brands like Pioneer, Panasonic and Sony.
Also the issue with new TV's is that they have "motion smoothing". That's the feature that needs to be turned off if you really want to see the film the way the film maker intends you to.

Here's the link to the article that explains how you can change settings on your TV for a good film watching experience.

Cheers!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back