Mi or Vu TV?

The issue with both these brands is that when you watch a film, it looks like video.
I'd really recommend brands like Pioneer, Panasonic and Sony.
Also the issue with new TV's is that they have "motion smoothing". That's the feature that needs to be turned off if you really want to see the film the way the film maker intends you to.

Here's the link to the article that explains how you can change settings on your TV for a good film watching experience.

Cheers!

Motion Smoothing is present in all the big and small brands as it is a feature of adding black frames in between actual frames to increase the refresh rate but it can be easily turned off, on Sony its called “Action Smoothing ", on Panasonic is Motion Smoother and I do not think there is a Pioneer TV in Indian Market , IMO Motion Smoothing should not be a reason to put off any TV brand as it is a feature not a problem.

Motion Smoothing is present in all the big and small brands as it is a feature of adding black frames in between actual frames to increase the refresh rate but it can be easily turned off, on Sony its called “Action Smoothing ", on Panasonic is Motion Smoother and I do not think there is a Pioneer TV in Indian Market , IMO Motion Smoothing should not be a reason to put off any TV brand as it is a feature not a problem.
That's not what I meant.
Apologies for miscommunication.

What I meant was that regardless of what TV you have, turn off motion smoothing.

I shoot films and videos for a living and often we screen footage on different TVs while testing camera and lens combinations and I have always found the colours to be off when viewed on Vu and Mi. Even LG and Samsung to an extent. Found them the best on Panasonic, Sony and Pioneer. And that too on older models.

That's not what I meant.
Apologies for miscommunication.

What I meant was that regardless of what TV you have, turn off motion smoothing.

I shoot films and videos for a living and often we screen footage on different TVs while testing camera and lens combinations and I have always found the colours to be off when viewed on Vu and Mi. Even LG and Samsung to an extent. Found them the best on Panasonic, Sony and Pioneer. And that too on older models.

Well the colours better be good. Public pays a massive premium while buying a TV from the main stream brands.

However, I guess the OP's requirements are different within a specific budget which rules out all major brands.

MaSh

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back