Need Suggestions for a streaming device

rajivaryan1984

Hello FM’s,

Need suggestion for a streaming device which can be connected to my PM 7005, help to play music from Spotify and has ability to play all kind of digital files from Hard disk like Flac, DSD, Wav, .wv and ALAC files.

Hello FM’s,

Need suggestion for a streaming device which can be connected to my PM 7005, help to play music from Spotify and has ability to play all kind of digital files from Hard disk like Flac, DSD, Wav, .wv and ALAC files.

If you have a TV/Display, Xiaomi Mi Box 3 / S Android TV Box (abt 6K) will do all for you, except DSD which am not aware / sure of.. You can connect that to PM 7005 either thru optical / USB..

Hello FM’s,

If remote controlling is not a strict requirement, use a laptop/computer and buy a Schiit Eitr coax out from which will go into your Marantz. This will probably give you best sound quality.

If you have a TV/Display, Xiaomi Mi Box 3 / S Android TV Box (abt 6K) will do all for you, except DSD which am not aware / sure of.. You can connect that to PM 7005 either thru optical / USB..

It will not be able to read files from USB or Hard Disk and play high resolution files like DSD or FLAC.

Sure Mayank, but can it play files from USB or Hard Disk...I think that feature is missing in it.
I play all audio content wirelessly from my laptop through this streamer. Controlled by Foobar Android controller, which interacts again wirelessly from my phone to the foobar on laptop. SQ is very nice to me. This way, you don't even need to connect anything to the PW link.

If your WiFi router has an USB port, you can connect your HDD to it. The PW link will recognise the HDD and you can control with the DTS Play Fi app also.

It will not be able to read files from USB or Hard Disk and play high resolution files like DSD or FLAC.

I have played upto 1.5TB HDD for playing BRRips..It can play lossless audio files, if you install Kodi / VLC or any other media player.. Except DSD, it will do everything that your are looking for..

I recently came across the Paradigm PW Link courtesy of FM @superczar. Iam loving it. The SQ is very good. For around 25k, dac, streamer, pre with ARC is hard to get. Works off the DTS Play Fi app, which is very simple and nice.

Paradigm PW Link
Glad to hear you like the SQ.
The ARC mobile app allows you to switch room correction on/off on the fly.. The difference between the two is far from subtle.
In fact I ended up liking it so much I now got 3 of these doohickeys (2 Link, 1 Paradigm PW Amp) as well as 2 Klipsch Gate streamers (they don’t have ARC but play-fi only)

Check out Raspberry PI based streaming devices. There are add on cards to Raspberry PI that has got RCA out, SPDIF output etc. Check out allo.com for an example. In these bundle devices, you load software like Volumio, dietpi, kodi etc. I use volumio. Volumio has a spotify add on. It also plays files from HDD or NAS drive. You can control volumio from mobile webpage as well. DSD I haven't explored.

Hello FM’s,

Should not have to look any further than the NA6005 or if you have the budget then the NA8005. I have found that NA8005 compliments my PM8005 beautifully, it is available at a great price now. Has Spotify connect and will also play your music from hard drives connected directly or from the NAS, in short will do everything you are asking with great sound quality.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back