new 4k uhd player for sony oled tv

hardcore_gamer99

Ok i am eying on panasonic ub820 and want to buy on amazon global store but the thing is it is region A coded. means it wont play our indian blurays. Will it play all region movies or any trick to get all disks work on it? I want this Hollywood Cinema Experience (HCX) processor which makes 1080p bulray look way better and dolby vision as well.

I'm also in the same boat for buying the Panasonic ub820 one of the best 4k player, but just waiting for availability in India first rather than buying from Amazon US due to the voltage issue, will be needing a step down converter.

Wrt, region lock... The 4k Blu-ray's are released region free and only few of the 2k ones are released region coded depending on the region of release. In this case 2k Blu-ray's other than region coded 'A' will not play in the US version. So yes Indian released Blu-rays only with region code C or B will be not play. I've numerous Blu-ray's bought from India which are mostly with region ABC or BC or only C.

But there is a trick by updating the firmware of Panasonic Blu-ray players as I had did for my super-duper 2k player BDT220 almost a decade back. The same is available for 4k too.

Now I'm only buying from the US, though it costs a little more due to customs duty but still I get the best intended quality as the release, and anyways in India Blu-ray's are not released anymore of what I've the knowledge.

i bought from amazon italy it is on its way and its region b as i buy freuently from amazon uk i would not have issues with region b disks

I'm also in the same boat for buying the Panasonic ub820 one of the best 4k player, but just waiting for availability in India first rather than buying from Amazon US due to the voltage issue, will be needing a step down converter.

Wrt, region lock... The 4k Blu-ray's are released region free and only few of the 2k ones are released region coded depending on the region of release. In this case 2k Blu-ray's other than region coded 'A' will not play in the US version. So yes Indian released Blu-rays only with region code C or B will be not play. I've numerous Blu-ray's bought from India which are mostly with region ABC or BC or only C.

But there is a trick by updating the firmware of Panasonic Blu-ray players as I had did for my super-duper 2k player BDT220 almost a decade back. The same is available for 4k too.

Now I'm only buying from the US, though it costs a little more due to customs duty but still I get the best intended quality as the release, and anyways in India Blu-ray's are not released anymore of what I've the knowledge.
Why dont you buy sony x700. Which is available kn sony india web

i bought from amazon italy it is on its way and its region b as i buy freuently from amazon uk i would not have issues with region b disks
Thats really nice, congrats. I just checked the Italy site, the UB820 isn't there, could be stock over. If you don't mind can you share the price at which you bought, did this include shipping + customs duty as well?

I compared the UK and US amazon sites for 4k blu-ray discs which I had recently bought and the amazon US worked out much cheaper for me and all arrived within a weeks time.

Thats really nice, congrats. I just checked the Italy site, the UB820 isn't there, could be stock over. If you don't mind can you share the price at which you bought, did this include shipping + customs duty as well?

I compared the UK and US amazon sites for 4k blu-ray discs which I had recently bought and the amazon US worked out much cheaper for me and all arrived within a weeks time.
amazon Italy total 53000

Why dont you buy sony x700. Which is available kn sony india web
Well this is what I've read in many forums and discussions on the Sony x700/x800...

lots of skipping issues with 100GB discs (triple layer) and many of the users have complaint regarding the skipping and not reading even BD50 as well as BD66 discs. Also, the biggest drawback is there is no auto switching for Dolby Vision, one has to goto the settings each time for switching DV on and off as the case may be and above all it does not come with DV from factory, one has to upgrade the firmware.

Another major downgrade in Sony x700/x800 is the Chroma sampling (video quality on upscale), the Panasonic has the HCX processor and does a great job overall both in terms of upscale as well as HDR (all formats).

After all this reading I decided to skip the tension and worries behind the Sony player and go with Panasonic (though I've to still buy it). And I already have the 2k Blu-ray player from Panasonic from past a decade and it still works like a charm with top notch video quality.

Plus points I liked about the Sony is it's price point and the support for SACD discs. For SACD the work around in Panasonic (it's 32 bit DAC is superb) is playing dsd files upto max 11.2Mhz, so that's covered. But price, one has to pay more.

amazon Italy total 53000
Wow, that's a great price, hope this includes customs duty which is 42% approx.

I checked now in amazon US and the price including shipping and customs duty comes to 56k delivered by aramex but only issue is to use step down convertor for voltage. Though my older Panasonic also is from the US and till now there is no issue using a convertor. Just that if I get a UK/Europe version then no conversion is needed.

Wow, that's a great price, hope this includes customs duty which is 42% approx.

I checked now in amazon US and the price including shipping and customs duty comes to 56k delivered by aramex but only issue is to use step down convertor for voltage. Though my older Panasonic also is from the US and till now there is no issue using a convertor. Just that if I get a UK/Europe version then no conversion is needed.
thats why i did NOT buy off amazon usa. plus i like amazon uk more as they delivery only in 3 days. So now as my player is region b i can easliy buy from amazon uk. this italy version has 220-240v voltage

thats why i did NOT buy off amazon usa. plus i like amazon uk more as they delivery only in 3 days. So now as my player is region b i can easliy buy from amazon uk. this italy version has 220-240v voltage
Well, I think you're lucky that you bought off from the Italy site, now I'll have to keep checking the site if it lists. As of now 820 is not there.

Well, I think you're lucky that you bought off from the Italy site, now I'll have to keep checking the site if it lists. As of now 820 is not there.
yes its not there now. LUCKY ME. i was about to buy off ebay for 63000 but needed to pay duty extra that would have been 83000 but it was region free.

yes its not there now. LUCKY ME. i was about to buy off ebay for 63000 but needed to pay duty extra that would have been 83000 but it was region free.
Can you confirm if the model number is DP-UB820 or DP-UB824EGK which you've bought from Italy site? As currently it is showing as DP-UB824 but the price works out to 65k odd. I did some search and came to know that 824 (European version) is same as 820 (UK version) both having region B.

Can you confirm if the model number is DP-UB820 or DP-UB824EGK which you've bought from Italy site? As currently it is showing as DP-UB824 but the price works out to 65k odd. I did some search and came to know that 824 (European version) is same as 820 (UK version) both having region B.
EGK MADE IN CZECH REPUPLIC

Try this amazon.es

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240811-002345_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240811-002345_Chrome.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 22
Finally took the bait... Ordered the last available unit on the German site at an unbelievable price of €328.21 + shipping + import fees deposit which worked out to a total of 51k including all charges. This is the European version with model no. UB-824EGK same as the 820. Very happy that I was able to grab the last one available. And now the waiting game starts...

Now the price has escalated to €432.94 with dispatches only after a month or so.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back