new 4k uhd player for sony oled tv

Mine just got delivered at home, will be able to open up later tonight due to festivities. Very much excited.

Oh super, congratulations. Hopefully nothing is damaged from that water spillage. You should have opted for amazon packaging it's always better for extra safety during transit.

Oh super, congratulations. Hopefully nothing is damaged from that water spillage. You should have opted for amazon packaging it's always better for extra safety during transit.
mine is made in China lol

Congratulations on your new HT setup. I'm also planning to buy UB820.
Can you plz confirm whether 820 plays all region 4k movies?
yes always but mine is region b locked so blurays 1080p might have issues but our indian disks are always region free so no issues with indian disks

This player is not detecting don original audio cd? It does not support audio cd?
I played lot of content through this player these few days incl 4k blus, 2k blus, audio CDs, 4k mkv, Bluray rips m2ts files etc and all played very well expect a few video files on hard drive.

Regarding audio cd it played all of them what I threw at it, could be that yours Don would have an issue, my recommendation is to do a rip using eac (exact audio copy) on a pc and check if it rips correctly. If other audio CDs are playing fine on the Panasonic player then it could be an issue with particular Don cd.

it seems it is turning on dolby vision for indian blurays as well. is there anyway to switch dolby vision only when it is supported in panasonic ub820?
It's the SDR to HDR conversion it's doing for non HDR blurays. This can be turned off in the settings under picture settings from main menu settings. Once it's off it will not convert SDR to HDR and play the video as intended. Though the picture conversion is really good and the intensity can be controlled through HDR optimiser.

i watched dhoom movie yesterday it was extremely good in dolby vision and seemed 4k upscaled and dali speakers cranking up while background music
Yes the upscaling is of next level in this player, I played quite a few 2k blurays and all looked liked something new to watch. I'm revisiting all my Blurays again to enjoy the picture quality.

Congratulations on your new HT setup. I'm also planning to buy UB820.
Can you plz confirm whether 820 plays all region 4k movies?
Yes it plays all 4k discs as they are region free except a very few. 2k blurays will play only of Region B and discs marked all regions ABC.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back