new 4k uhd player for sony oled tv

Finally took the bait... Ordered the last available unit on the German site at an unbelievable price of €328.21 + shipping + import fees deposit which worked out to a total of 51k including all charges. This is the European version with model no. UB-824EGK same as the 820. Very happy that I was able to grab the last one available. And now the waiting game starts...

Now the price has escalated to €432.94 with dispatches only after a month or so.
Lucky enough.make sure it has 220 v power rating

Lucky enough.make sure it has 220 v power rating
Yes, before placing the order I did a through research and both the models are for Europe only with 220v, just for specific countries within the European Union the 824 is sold. This too is made in Czech Republic.

Also, I checked the firmware between the two models, both are same for Europe specifically and the latest one is released on 19th June 2024 version 1.82 which is the only released after year 2023. Since the player was launched in 2018 so can't expect much improvement here. But I'm happy that Panasonic is taking care and have released a new firmware for newer formats or compatibility with newer BDs.

I've also bought a 8k certified 48gbps HDMI cable from Honeywell for connecting the Blu-ray player to my LGC3 for the best picture quality (HDR, DV etc) and an already using 18gbps cable (which I believe is more than enough) to Denon AVR for audio.

Now just waiting for it to get dispatched and arrive soon. What's with yours, dispatched? When is the arrival?

Yes, before placing the order I did a through research and both the models are for Europe only with 220v, just for specific countries within the European Union the 824 is sold. This too is made in Czech Republic.

Also, I checked the firmware between the two models, both are same for Europe specifically and the latest one is released on 19th June 2024 version 1.82 which is the only released after year 2023. Since the player was launched in 2018 so can't expect much improvement here. But I'm happy that Panasonic is taking care and have released a new firmware for newer formats or compatibility with newer BDs.

I've also bought a 8k certified 48gbps HDMI cable from Honeywell for connecting the Blu-ray player to my LGC3 for the best picture quality (HDR, DV etc) and an already using 18gbps cable (which I believe is more than enough) to Denon AVR for audio.

Now just waiting for it to get dispatched and arrive soon. What's with yours, dispatched? When is the arrival?
I biught belkin 4k cable 3 pieces worth 10000

Thats really nice, congrats. I just checked the Italy site, the UB820 isn't there, could be stock over. If you don't mind can you share the price at which you bought, did this include shipping + customs duty as well?

I compared the UK and US amazon sites for 4k blu-ray discs which I had recently bought and the amazon US worked out much cheaper for me and all arrived within a weeks time.
finally from september date to now 10th aeee.pngugust estimated its updated on amazon italy :) may arrive soon

finally from september date to now 10th aView attachment 86045ugust estimated its updated on amazon italy :) may arrive soon

Thanks for this message, just placed the order through Italy site, delivery showing 29th Aug. I cancelled from the Germany site as now its advanced to 16th October. Though it costed me 3k more but getting it early and now getting the same 820 model no. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Thanks for this message, just placed the order through Italy site, delivery showing 29th Aug. I cancelled from the Germany site as now its advanced to 16th October. Though it costed me 3k more but getting it early and now getting the same 820 model no. Thanks again.
My first movie will be spectre 4k uhd on my new setup denon x4800h sony oled 65 ub820 and dali opticon 2 mk2 yours?

My first movie will be spectre 4k uhd on my new setup denon x4800h sony oled 65 ub820 and dali opticon 2 mk2 yours?
Well, for me mostly it would be Top Gun and Top Gun Maverick back to back. Maverick I've got the delivery, still waiting for the first one along with a few others. As well as more than a dozen flicks lined up to be watched in 4k which I got the delivery last month. But for me only 4k video can be enjoyed as of now as not possible to connect Atmos speakers yet and have to wait for another 6-8 months for getting this audio experience. Eagerly waiting for it.

My setup is Denon x4100w LG OLED 65 C3 and Polk Audio RTiA7 towers with RTiA3 bookshelves as back surrounds CSiA6 as center DSW 550 PRO sub.

Which all 4k blus have you got or planned to get?

Well, for me mostly it would be Top Gun and Top Gun Maverick back to back. Maverick I've got the delivery, still waiting for the first one along with a few others. As well as more than a dozen flicks lined up to be watched in 4k which I got the delivery last month. But for me only 4k video can be enjoyed as of now as not possible to connect Atmos speakers yet and have to wait for another 6-8 months for getting this audio experience. Eagerly waiting for it.

My setup is Denon x4100w LG OLED 65 C3 and Polk Audio RTiA7 towers with RTiA3 bookshelves as back surrounds CSiA6 as center DSW 550 PRO sub.

can you tell do we have to use any socket converter to use in india?

james bond 5 movies collection titanic 4k

can you tell do we have to use any socket converter to use in india?
Yes probably this would be the UK straight pin and we use round ones here in India, so a converter would be needed. Just get a 3 pin international converter from Goldmedal/Cona brand they are really good and quite reasonable.

Yes probably this would be the UK straight pin and we use round ones here in India, so a converter would be needed. Just get a 3 pin international converter from Goldmedal/Cona brand they are really good and quite reasonable.
i dont want to use any converter. i would buy socket from uk.. Could you tell if it will be rectangle shape? or any other shape

i dont want to use any converter. i would buy socket from uk.. Could you tell if it will be rectangle shape? or any other shape
It's the rectangle shape, something like the image attached.

Nowadays you also get wall sockets which have these straight pins openings from anchor and many other brands. if possible for you to replace your current wall socket, this also would be a better, secure and permanent alternative.

1000129133.jpg

Yes, definately will work but the issue you will face is of the back socket box which may be of different size whats installed in our homes here in India. And above all why pay so much when a similar thing is available here from Anchor/Roma etc, something like below at a very very reasonable cost. And these are easily available at your area electrical shops.

https://www.eleczo.com/anchor-roma-classic-13-amp-international-socket-22070.html

22070.jpg

Or something like this... International socket
2500991601.jpg

Yes, definately will work but the issue you will face is of the back socket box which may be of different size whats installed in our homes here in India. And above all why pay so much when a similar thing is available here from Anchor/Roma etc, something like below at a very very reasonable cost. And these are easily available at your area electrical shops.

https://www.eleczo.com/anchor-roma-classic-13-amp-international-socket-22070.html

22070.jpg

2500991601.jpg
i tried all day yesterday but these are not available at any shop in my city :0 bullshit it is

22070.jpg

2500991601.jpg
i guess it wont fit normal 5a plug . thats why i did not buy online

22070.jpg

2500991601.jpg
also at shop i tried with with my appletv 4k wire and it did not go in

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back