New Plasma by Panasonic - Viera P42G10 (Launched in India)

hey guys any idea if larger screen sizes like 46" n 50" are available in either S or G series in india?..
viewing distance of my living room is quite large at 14 to 15 feet min so anything smaller would be a strain...
thinking of going for the 50" 5 series plasma from sammy, its available at a steal of 85k...

no bro.. not yet 50 inchers in either option :-(
and as per ur viewing distance... 42" is not bad

I went to the Panny Brand Shop and the guy confirmed that both the 50 inch G10 and V10 versions would be released in India in the next couple of months

Now if the prices are also reasonable that is really good news.

Last edited:
no bro.. not yet 50 inchers in either option :-(
and as per ur viewing distance... 42" is not bad

Well i am basically setting up a HT, so 42" wouldn't do justice for a HT at such a distance.
Anyway, Gfreeman has some good news, lets hope they come out with it soon enough.
Any idea on the performance of PN50B550?.. amazon customers mostly have positives to quote about it, but there are no expert reviews at all, hope CNET comes out with one soon.

Last edited:
Hi,

Hope all of you who've bought the G10 are enjoying it to the fullest. Any feedback based on your experience thus far with it?

Thanks

i visited a panny brand shop today and i saw that there is no THX mode in the G series launched in india. Now it was highly rated mainly because of that mode, because it improved colour accuracy by a great deal. Anyway its a bummer that its not available in india...

Thanks, rs_bisen. Glad that you are really liking your TV. Some more details on how the TV is performing with different sources would be very helpful to all.

the tv performs very well when hooked up to HD stuff.... not sure tht i can say the same about SD.... 1080 upscaling as expected is not too great.... picture looks shabby.... i suppose in the next 2/3 years we might get totally converted to hd channels.... anyways, the best option now it to download hd stuff frm torrents and stream it thru any media player..... i use ps3 and convert mkv files

Well i am basically setting up a HT, so 42" wouldn't do justice for a HT at such a distance.
Anyway, Gfreeman has some good news, lets hope they come out with it soon enough.
Any idea on the performance of PN50B550?.. amazon customers mostly have positives to quote about it, but there are no expert reviews at all, hope CNET comes out with one soon.

nikhil_j,

Here are a few links to expert reviews on the B 5 series plasma.
- Samsung PS50B560 Plasma HDTV Review at AVForums.com
- Samsung Plasma Review - PN50B550 at Plasma TV Buying Guide

Here's another review on Samsung 2009 series overall (based on B650 plasma) - Reviews - Display Calibration

As per David Mckenzie (the guy who's done the first review quoted above), the differences between 6 series and 5 series in picture quality are minimal..

Hope these help..

nikhil_j,

Here are a few links to expert reviews on the B 5 series plasma.
- Samsung PS50B560 Plasma HDTV Review at AVForums.com
- Samsung Plasma Review - PN50B550 at Plasma TV Buying Guide

Here's another review on Samsung 2009 series overall (based on B650 plasma) - Reviews - Display Calibration

As per David Mckenzie (the guy who's done the first review quoted above), the differences between 6 series and 5 series in picture quality are minimal..

Hope these help..

Here's another couple of links for a review on the B550..
- http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1133092&page=5
- http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=16491623#post16491623

The latter is a comparison of the B550 with the 8 series plasma and a rough comparison with the G10 and Pioneer 9G Elite Kuro...

Spoke to Panasonic Brand shop guy yesterday and he confirmed launch of 50S10 this week, MRP around 1.2L and he will call back with the actual sale price in a day or two. No word on 50G10 which he said might not be lauched here. I dont understand their strategy, why not 50G10?

Hi All,

Just bought a 42G10 last Sunday.

Excellent performance from a progressive scan DVD player. (576p)

"Soft" picture from Tata Sky+. (576i) (Good colours though)

It seems that the TV can upscale progressive ("p") pictures very well but cannot de-interlace the interlaced ("i") signals that well.

Any suggestions on how to improve the Tata Sky+ picture quality to match with that from the DVD player?

Cheers

Sumain

Spoke to Panasonic Brand shop guy yesterday and he confirmed launch of 50S10 this week, MRP around 1.2L and he will call back with the actual sale price in a day or two. No word on 50G10 which he said might not be lauched here. I dont understand their strategy, why not 50G10?

Just got a detailed multi-page India specific Pana plasma catalog from Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi dealer. It shows the 50V10 as a "forthcoming" model. HTH.

Yup, last week the rajajinagar panny brand shop rep said 50S10 was available on request and he quoted me a discounted price of 1.13L(negotiable). But at that price point its difficult for panny to sell many of those because sam 50B550 is available for way less at 85 k and has similar specs wit better color accuracy.
And 50G10 is out of question!!!

Yup, last week the rajajinagar panny brand shop rep said 50S10 was available on request and he quoted me a discounted price of 1.13L(negotiable). But at that price point its difficult for panny to sell many of those because sam 50B550 is available for way less at 85 k and has similar specs wit better color accuracy.
And 50G10 is out of question!!!

I was lucky enough to see the Panasonic 105" plasma (they claim it to be the World's largest plasma) @ Rajesh trading showroom; Kothrod branch(near Shivaji Statue) in Pune. It was amazing. They also have the 50G10 on display.

105" was quoted 27 Lacs!!

LG also has a full HD 60" plasma and I think its around a lac

I was lucky enough to see the Panasonic 105" plasma (they claim it to be the World's largest plasma) @ Rajesh trading showroom; Kothrod branch(near Shivaji Statue) in Pune. It was amazing. They also have the 50G10 on display.

105" was quoted 27 Lacs!!

LG also has a full HD 60" plasma and I think its around a lac

Hi Hubballi,
May be they have displayed it, but the brand shop guy contacted the distributor and said there were no plans to launch the 50G10 this year atleast...

sounds lke a fantastic TV. The 50B550 sells for 85,000 at E-zone, I doubt Panasonic has anything that can match it.

Very true, panny have to get their pricing right. B550 is almost identical to S10 or even G10 in prices in US, but here there's such a huge difference.

I am not sure how many of us visited the Panny Asiapac website. As nikhil_j says there is infact no 50inch G10 being planned for ASIA. You will have the following models across ASIA amongst the G,V and Z series.
42inch G10
50inch V10
54inch Z1
65inch V10

G series (Plasma) | PRODUCT | VIERA | PDP&LCD TV | Panasonic
I can only imagine how much the 50inch V10 would cost when it arrives here. There goes my plasma dream...kaput.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back