P3A build .. simple designs can sound excellent

Kannan_madhu

P3A is a well-regarded Amplifier among DIY audio enthusiasts with very simple schematics. It can be built with commonly available components nothing exotic is needed. Output is cfp or Sziklai pair , and according to many DIY people this sound faster and have smooth highs . P3A outputs 60w power into 8 ohm loads which is sufficient for home listening . All details of this amp can be found in ESP website PCBs are also available there . since i make my own pcbs i made a similar design in my favorite program Easyeda .

1718769335998.png

One leg of the driver had a dry solder and that wasted many hours of mine I thought I did some mistake in routing.
Everything worked fine after resoldering it. DC was less than 30mv after that.
This amp lives up to the reputation very good sound quality from such a simple circuit.

I powered it with a 25 0 25 v 5 A transformer and got around 60w it may give slightly higher with this PS but my inbuilt signal gen has a limited output. since it was stable I built its pair also

1718903171517.png1718903232360.png

Great build!
I'm also planning (since long time) to build it on a home-brewn PCB , will definitely ask for your advice.
BTW any ideas about getting those driver stage transistors( genuine) in retail qty

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back