Polk Audio T50 vs Yamaha NS-8390

suyash192

Polk Audio T50 has a few good reviews and ASR has also recommended them. But I could not find much reviews of the Yamaha NS-8390. Anyone has any idea which would be better between these?

My primary usage would be movies with some occasional music listening.

Polk Audio T50 has a few good reviews and ASR has also recommended them. But I could not find much reviews of the Yamaha NS-8390. Anyone has any idea which would be better between these?

My primary usage would be movies with some occasional music listening.

Hi,

Would suggest first to compare the tech specs and decide. The speaker that can deliver most frequencies between 20hz - 20khz would be ideal. Design and placement would matter. Also AMP / AVR would matter as Speakers tend to behave / match differently based on brands and models.

If there are no online reviews available, Youtube would be the best option to check. These would be individual reviews / feedback posted by the end user.

Thanks for the help. I'm thinking of going with the Polk T50 to be on the safer side. And also it has higher sensitivity and lower impedance.

Also, if in a tight budget should I get:
  • passive polk t50 towers + DAC + amp
  • or active bookshelf like edifier r2000db + stands
if both options cost the same?

Last edited:
Thanks for the help. I'm thinking of going with the Polk T50 to be on the safer side. And also it has higher sensitivity and lower impedance.

Also, if in a tight budget should I get:
  • passive polk t50 towers + DAC + amp
  • or active bookshelf like edifier r2000db + stands
if both options cost the same?

Are you looking for a 5.1 setup or stereo 2.0 system? Decide on that first then the budget in hand then you can see on best options available (new / used) which can cater to your usage requirements.

Are you looking for a 5.1 setup or stereo 2.0 system? Decide on that first then the budget in hand then you can see on best options available (new / used) which can cater to your usage requirements.

Just a 2.0 system. Honestly, I don't know any local dealers that sell used, and the classifields here are a bit hard to search.

Just a 2.0 system. Honestly, I don't know any local dealers that sell used, and the classifields here are a bit hard to search.

OLX and Facebook Market place are some options to look for pre owned stuff where you can get good ones for reasonable prices. You need to check before buying in person.

Whats your total budget to spend which includes the speakers, amp cables etc?

OLX and Facebook Market place are some options to look for pre owned stuff where you can get good ones for reasonable prices. You need to check before buying in person.

Whats your total budget to spend which includes the speakers, amp cables etc?

Total budget would be 30 - 40k. But I would like it to be as close to 30 as possible.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back