PRICE THREAD - Amplifiers Integrated and Pre/Power Amplifiers

Hi, I am new to this forum. I was looking for some details of Cambridge Audio 550A. I own a MS Aviano1. I use primarily for music.
I know its a discontinued model, but still in India I think there will be someone who is selling them.
I am also open for used apms, so if any forum members planning to upgrade can let me know.
My budget is not more than 25K.

Cambridge Audio dealers in Bangalore?
Amplifier Dealers who give good offers in Bangalore?
What will be the apx price of Cambridge Audio 550A?
Any other amp that is suitable for Aviano1?
What will be the disadvantage of getting a 45W amp for my 100W speakers? I prefer music in medium volume so not sure if Watt really matters.

Looking forward for suggestions from the experts?

Last edited:
Hi, I am new to this forum. I was looking for some details of Cambridge Audio 550A. I own a MS Aviano1. I use primarily for music.
I know its a discontinued model, but still in India I think there will be someone who is selling them.
I am also open for used apms, so if any forum members planning to upgrade can let me know.

Contact Palani from Audio Planet, Kormangala. He stocks CA amps. Unlikely at 25k you can lay your hands on a CA , the latest models.

Call Palani directly and speak to him.

Goes well with the Yamaha AS500. I just picked up a pair of Aviano 2 for my stereo setup and the combination works well.

What will be the disadvantage of getting a 45W amp for my 100W speakers? I prefer music in medium volume so not sure if Watt really matters.

If you are keen on investing around 25k look no further than the Yamaha AS500. At 25k you should be able to source one. Check with Lokesh from htstore.in or with Steve from Thomson Music House, Indiranagar.
At 85Watts the yamaha will do justice.

about a month back, i saw one piece of CA 550 with Palani when i went for audition of CA amps. You may try your luck, he may still have it. I understand price was around your budget. Otherwise go for yamaha. Or check olx/quikr, sometime you may be lucky. Infact i bought marantz amp through quikr.

Thanks Rj and Amit.
I was looking for CA amp since I believed they are best for MS speakers. I checked with Palani and he has 1 piece left costing 26K. However I found one of the members got the same amp for 20K from Gurgon. Do you think 26K its overpriced?
Are there any other dealers in Bangalore or any online store in India? Just to compare the price.

What is the current price for Yamaha AS-500, I saw 29K @ HT-Store website. Has the price been hiked? I was thinking its 25K and I can get additional 10-15% discount.

What is the current price for Yamaha AS-500, I saw 29K @ HT-Store website. Has the price been hiked? I was thinking its 25K and I can get additional 10-15% discount.

I was quoted the same price at Yamaha store in Indiranagar. They were willing to give only 5% discount on the MRP. So the total cost was around 27.5. I didn't bargain more as I was not ready to buy the amp then. This was a month ago.

-John.

I was quoted the same price at Yamaha store in Indiranagar. They were willing to give only 5% discount on the MRP. So the total cost was around 27.5. I didn't bargain more as I was not ready to buy the amp then. This was a month ago.

-John.

26,800/= in chennai

I might pickup a AS-500 in the coming weeks. What could I hope to get as the best price at the moment? My preference is going to be Yamaha, but also am looking to audition Marantz and other options in the similar price range. Looking forward to an weekend of auditioning!

In this price range you can't get the similar wattage in Marantz, NAD etc like Yamaha. The current price for Yamaha A-S500 is 28-32K (depend on the sellers)

I might pickup a AS-500 in the coming weeks. What could I hope to get as the best price at the moment? My preference is going to be Yamaha, but also am looking to audition Marantz and other options in the similar price range. Looking forward to an weekend of auditioning!

In this price range you can't get the similar wattage in Marantz, NAD etc like Yamaha. The current price for Yamaha A-S500 is 28-32K (depend on the sellers)

Thanks Prepress, I am aware that in this price range I am not going to get the power that Yamaha offers with NAD, CA or Marantz. I have the Yamaha 371 AVR and like the way it sounds. My inclination was towards Marantz, but can not afford the 7004.
With my 371 if I crank the volume beyond -20, details appear which are otherwise missing with the Sonodyne 1501 speakers. I listen mostly at night and without being beaten up it is not possible to turn the volume that high ! :D
And so I do not wish to be handicapped in the power department, also do plan to move to floor standers in future for a dedicated stereo setup. So all things considered Yamaha is likely my best bet, and as I said, I like the sound.
Auditions this weekend will decide.

Yes, Yamaha A-S500 is good amp, even I was using it from last 2 years and sold mine last month. Now using again Yamaha (A-550, vintage model) and believe me it is better than A-S500 in sound quality but less in wattage.

Thanks Prepress, I am aware that in this price range I am not going to get the power that Yamaha offers with NAD, CA or Marantz. I have the Yamaha 371 AVR and like the way it sounds. My inclination was towards Marantz, but can not afford the 7004.
With my 371 if I crank the volume beyond -20, details appear which are otherwise missing with the Sonodyne 1501 speakers. I listen mostly at night and without being beaten up it is not possible to turn the volume that high ! :D
And so I do not wish to be handicapped in the power department, also do plan to move to floor standers in future for a dedicated stereo setup. So all things considered Yamaha is likely my best bet, and as I said, I like the sound.
Auditions this weekend will decide.

Having a AV receiver of Yamaha RXV 420 in excellent condition.

Reason of exchange have already upgraded to higher version.

Want to exchange this receiver for any good integrated amp for my TT.

If anybody is interested, please PM me.

I'm on the lookout for a Integrated Stereo amp to pair with my Monitor Audio Bronze BX6 towers. So far I've shortlisted Marantz PM6005, NAD 326BEE / 356BEE with DAC, Cambridge Audio 650A. All of them are in the price range between 33K (Marantz, CA, NAD 326) between 33K - 40K & 50K for NAD 356BEE. My source of music would be FLAC / WAV streamed from my Computer via DLNA to my Panasonic GT50 Plasma with Digital out taken & fed in to the Amp. Which of these amps would be the best to pair with my Monitor Audio towers ? Thanks in advance.

i am looking for the price of

Nad c 162 pre + Nad c 272 Power amp.

Or

Nad 1000 pre + Nad 208 Power amp,

Or

Nad1000pre + Nad 214 Power amp, Chennai price only

If it is avilable in chennai pls give me the contact person name, Phone No.
address.

Thanks

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back