Question on dimmability of smart led bulbs while cycling through colors

arnprasad

Hi all,

I have been using smart LED bulbs for a while now - initially from aliexpess and now that some Indian brands like panasonic and cromption have reduced prices below 300 for the 9w one..have started buying these as well.

Whether chinese or Indian...issue is while we are on white only or single color only options, we can dim the light to whatever percent we want. However when we opt for the preset variations where it automatically cycles through various colors, it does it at 100 percent brightness.

Any idea what is the workaround to get the preset cycles to run at dimmed levels? also are there any brands which offer this option?

Got my answer..Philips Wiz smartbulbs got this option. Also while I generally dont buy Philips coz its costs way more competition, I was blown away by the app experience of this bulb. All apps..whether chinese or wipro or crompton....they all are very similar. Seems like Indian companies just bought the tech of both hardware and SW from the chinese cousins and sell here.

But today when I installed the Philips Wiz app - it was a different experience. You can clearly see that this not done by some generic Chinese company but proper SW engineers.

Not really sure why, the philips bulbs that cost 699 on Amazon normally and 549 today was selling at 299 on blinkit when I googled to check competitor prices. Ordered 5 and got it delivered in half an hour and all work. Bit surprised since I never bought anything from blinkit

As mentioned above, not only does the philips/wiz app has way more options, it can also dim lights when preset options are enabled.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back