Ridiculous Vinyl Pricing - India re-sellers

Hey, you said you buy vinyl from abroad from time to time. I was wondering if you could help with clarify something. I from Kolkata, West Bengal and I was looking to buy a few records from (juno.co.uk) Will I have to pay customs/import fees after it reaches India? I will be buying 2 records maximum at once.

Some help would be really really appreciated!
hey man, earlier customs used to not apply any duty on the imported vinyl. Off late some of my packages have been charged 15% duty or so.
You can try your luck.

hey man, earlier customs used to not apply any duty on the imported vinyl. Off late some of my packages have been charged 15% duty or so.
You can try your luck.
Even If I get 1,2 records? Also, 15% on the total amount including the shipping or 15% just on the price of the record? i have never orered internationally before and I'm a bit scared.

Hey, you said you buy vinyl from abroad from time to time. I was wondering if you could help with clarify something. I from Kolkata, West Bengal and I was looking to buy a few records from (juno.co.uk) Will I have to pay customs/import fees after it reaches India? I will be buying 2 records maximum at once.

Some help would be really really appreciated!
Know a whole lot of people who have bought from Juno. Paying customs duty is all a matter of luck: where you live, and how many titles you buy at a time. Usually, customs officials could not be bothered by low value items, and just waive duty. Many overseas sellers deliberately reduce the consignment value on the customs slip affixed to the package - they're helping out buyers across countries, not merely India. If the declared value is low - say, less than $40 - you're likely to get a waiver. Over two decades, and dozens of purchases off eBay, Discogs, and Juno too, I've been fortunate to pay customs duty just once. Although officially 42%, customs officers have plenty of discretion to charge as low as 10% at times. Give it a shot!

Know a whole lot of people who have bought from Juno. Paying customs duty is all a matter of luck: where you live, and how many titles you buy at a time. Usually, customs officials could not be bothered by low value items, and just waive duty. Many overseas sellers deliberately reduce the consignment value on the customs slip affixed to the package - they're helping out buyers across countries, not merely India. If the declared value is low - say, less than $40 - you're likely to get a waiver. Over two decades, and dozens of purchases off eBay, Discogs, and Juno too, I've been fortunate to pay customs duty just once. Although officially 42%, customs officers have plenty of discretion to charge as low as 10% at times. Give it a shot!
Unfortunately, Discogs has long since ceased operations to/from India 😞 eBay prices are beyond ridiculous IMO.

Unfortunately, Discogs has long since ceased operations to/from India 😞 eBay prices are beyond ridiculous IMO.
If you look outside of Classic Rock or Classic Jazz, eBay can be a goldmine.

Discogs can still be used for shipping to be made to friends overseas who might be visiting soon.

True. I've observed that prices on eBay are very dependant on genre and popularity.
Discogs can still be used for shipping to be made to friends overseas who might be visiting soon.
Unfortunately, these friends/family are nonexistent in my case.

Discogs does not accept Indian billing addresses, i.e. if we buy using an India issued credit card or debit card and want to ship outside India discogs will not accept that order. Which means that even if we are shipping to a foreign address it won't work unless we use a mode of payment that is not issues from India. That was the original issue with discogs I am not sure if things have changed now

Discogs does not accept Indian billing addresses, i.e. if we buy using an India issued credit card or debit card and want to ship outside India discogs will not accept that order. Which means that even if we are shipping to a foreign address it won't work unless we use a mode of payment that is not issues from India. That was the original issue with discogs I am not sure if things have changed now
You can try via Paypal using your Indian credit card to see if works.

You can try via Paypal using your Indian credit card to see if works.
I always used paypal before as well when I used to buy from Discogs, however even my paypal has an Indian billing address so it's unlikely it will work. Has anyone purchased from discogs using paypal with an Indian billing address recently? It would be great if they can share this information with us because for me at least discogs is the best place to buy records and I have stopped buying since this ban.

Thanks man, guess Juno got a new buyer! :D
I won't be shopping >50 pounds in most cases, so you think customs' wouldn't be a hassle?

Juno only sells new pressings , or am I mistaken ?

Even If I get 1,2 records? Also, 15% on the total amount including the shipping or 15% just on the price of the record? i have never orered internationally before and I'm a bit scared.
I imported records multiple times ( 9-10 or even more in one go ) from UK when I was in India , never got held up with customs. Maybe rules have changed now.

Thanks man, guess Juno got a new buyer! :D
I won't be shopping >50 pounds in most cases, so you think customs' wouldn't be a hassle?
Try ur luck, different buyers have different experiences. I was charged once 45% custom duty for purchasing Banana plugs worth 60 pounds from UK.
I paid happily as those plugs weren't available here. So if you have to pay duty just pay it ;)

A lot of sellers are happy to work outside of Discogs and ship directly to India if paid through Paypal.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back