Speakers : Budget 600k - 700k

Flash

I have spent most of the latter part of 2013 and 2014 pursing my other Hobby i.e Bikes However my back is beginning to take a toll All thanks to our wonderful roads in our country and stop and go traffic

Since I have been instructed to give biking a rest it is time to upgrade my Stereo Setup .

My Budget for Speakers is 600k and max out at 700k .
I will invest to change my present Amplification and Source once frozen on a set of speakers .

So I need Suggestions on what to Audition and/or buy

Room : 11 x 20 L shaped which further extends 12x14.

Music Preference : Jazz, Blues, Classic Rock, New Age etc

I will use Subs for Music. I already have a Rythmik since last 2 years but looking to Buy a Pair of subs again either from Rythmik or Jl Audio or ?? .. TC sounds was my first option however I dont see their RipCurl amps coming out anytime soon.
Subs will be crossed at 50hz

I am looking for speakers that have a refined top end and throw a Wide and Deep Soundstage .... Depth of Soundstage is important. yes I do know that is is dependent on the recording. But on recording that possesses it the speakers should be able to resolve it.

I am looking at floorstanders not Bookshelves.

-F l a s h-

if you are in the 700K range
i cant think of anything further than the

Maggies
or a Blumenhofer or even a
burmestor B25 if you can stretch your budget a bit
or a Dynaudio - contour s 5.4

there is also Joseph audio that you may get in this range
however the first 3 would be my favorites having heard them more than i couple times

or look closer to home with the rethums ( if you like that sound ) or a line magnetic 755

i personally would still take a super standmount if i know i had a really good sub that iwas sure would gel well

i can go on with names ive heard
but the above are well distributed and serviced in INDIA
hence my sugggestions

Which model of B&W Venkat .. I have heard the 800D and 802D unfortunately both are way out of my budget.

With 800 series out of the way, look at CM or 600 series. Both sound very nice, and do have the same sound signature as the 800 series.

Cheers

With 800 series out of the way, look at CM or 600 series. Both sound very nice, and do have the same sound signature as the 800 series.

Cheers

VenKat I already have a pair of 685's mated to a Rythmik FV15HP Sub .. I dont think the 683 would be any sort of upgrade . yes better mids on the 683 bec of the FST Midrange driver But thats about it

The CM series is decent . But not up to my liking.

Looking up the chain . Probably not B&W

if you are in the 700K range
i cant think of anything further than the

Maggies
or a Blumenhofer or even a
burmestor B25 if you can stretch your budget a bit
or a Dynaudio - contour s 5.4

there is also Joseph audio that you may get in this range
however the first 3 would be my favorites having heard them more than i couple times

or look closer to home with the rethums ( if you like that sound ) or a line magnetic 755

i personally would still take a super standmount if i know i had a really good sub that iwas sure would gel well

i can go on with names ive heard
but the above are well distributed and serviced in INDIA
hence my sugggestions

Thanks Magma for the suggestions . the Maggies are out as I will not be able to accommodate the Width ..

Any idea where I can audition Blumenhofer

The reason for straying away from a standmounter is I maybe moving in to a much larger living space in the near future Nothing concrete as yet ... But it is possible .

I personally prefer Standmounters over Floorstanders .More focussed and better imaging . However if the room size is going to increase I feel I will be better off going with a Floorstander

the blumenhoffer is with JOchen in Banglore
the bumese - are with a gujrati gentlemen in MUMBAi
ill have to dig out his contact

the maggies are with burge

the josephs are in surat with JIggybhai

The bluemenhoffer - you will have to travel to Banglore
BUt man they are a treat

FOCAL ELECTRA's 1028BE would easily fit into this budget, have you tried auditioning them?

I have spent most of the latter part of 2013 and 2014 pursing my other Hobby i.e Bikes However my back is beginning to take a toll All thanks to our wonderful roads in our country and stop and go traffic

Since I have been instructed to give biking a rest it is time to upgrade my Stereo Setup .

My Budget for Speakers is 600k and max out at 700k .
I will invest to change my present Amplification and Source once frozen on a set of speakers .

So I need Suggestions on what to Audition and/or buy

Room : 11 x 20 L shaped which further extends 12x14.

Music Preference : Jazz, Blues, Classic Rock, New Age etc

I will use Subs for Music. I already have a Rythmik since last 2 years but looking to Buy a Pair of subs again either from Rythmik or Jl Audio or ?? .. TC sounds was my first option however I dont see their RipCurl amps coming out anytime soon.
Subs will be crossed at 50hz

I am looking for speakers that have a refined top end and throw a Wide and Deep Soundstage .... Depth of Soundstage is important. yes I do know that is is dependent on the recording. But on recording that possesses it the speakers should be able to resolve it.

I am looking at floorstanders not Bookshelves.

-F l a s h-

Look at Dali Epicon 6... Except for the Dyns Not many come close to the performance it brings to the table..

Flash
if youre ready to take a buying decision
give me a ping when youre in mumbai

at 600 - 700k i recommend these.

Focal Electra 1028 Be -- my personal favorite(along with 1038 Be), one of the best speaker i have ever heard at any price range, Can be driven easily with a low powered high quality amplifier.

ATC SCM 40 --------- Needs a lot of power but it is another great choice for a speaker.

Look at Dali Epicon 6... Except for the Dyns Not many come close to the performance it brings to the table..

I have heard the Dali Epicon series .. Yes they are pretty sweet sounding

Flash
if youre ready to take a buying decision
give me a ping when youre in mumbai

Sure Ali ... Count on it

at 600 - 700k i recommend these.

Focal Electra 1028 Be -- my personal favorite(along with 1038 Be), one of the best speaker i have ever heard at any price range, Can be driven easily with a low powered high quality amplifier.

ATC SCM 40 --------- Needs a lot of power but it is another great choice for a speaker.

I am not a big Fan of the Focal house sound . I have auditioned the Scala Uthopia .... and although they cost a lot of moolah they just did not appeal to me

ATC SCM is interesting ....

Has anyone heard the Adam Column Mk3

I would seriously question the whole setup in that case, may i ask where you auditioned them, what amps were they paired with? & What was the source?

I am not a big Fan of the Focal house sound . I have auditioned the Scala Uthopia .... and although they cost a lot of moolah they just did not appeal to me

I would seriously question the whole setup in that case, may i ask where you auditioned them, what amps were they paired with? & What was the source?

As the saying goes ... To each his own ..

I have heard a couple of Focals in the past from Chorus to Electra to Uthopia ... Could be a mental block .. But they just dont appeal to me. I find them a little Dry with a sizzling top end I auditioned the Uthopia in Dubai October this year.

Yes it could have been the entire setup in question, But then again I dont want to venture into something that I anyway cant afford ..

However if I did have the Green . Vivid Audio Giya would be in my list. Laurence Dickie has done an amazing job on them.
Following Giya would be a long list of other probables from Nola, Von Schweikert, TAD, Magico, YG Acoustics etc etc etc

I have been auditioning several pairs of stand mount speakers and some floorstanders as well. CM5 arw good, Pmc twenty 21 are better but I like Kef ls50 the best. In FS no favorites but both Kef r700 and r900 were good.

Fir indian music where the emphasis is on vocals ls50 really shine. All others have their boxes buzzing and that colors the sound somewhat.

Thanks for the suggestions . I have frozen in on the speakers. They are being shipped from the US. Will reveal as soon as I get my hands on them

You need to change the rest of your entire chain - especially the source and amps if you wish to even scratch the surface of what 600-700k speakers are capable of.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back