Subwoofer suggestion is requested

Sarfraz

Friends, I am using marantz 1509
Wharfedale 225 bookshelf & wharfedale 220c having 3.0 set up. Now, I am looking for a good a subwoofer( small room). Pl help for suggestion.

Thanks for the input. My budget is <40...pl suggest few more in view of quality and rich ess of bass...( Avoiding thumpy output)
The bic f12 is one of the best , you could also try pl200ii from bic which should cost u 40k if u bargain from offline dealers

Boomy bass is sometimes reason for bad placement of subwoofer/speakers. The best subwoofer can sound boomy if the placement is not taken care of. For your room size a 10 inch subwoofer would be sufficient.

That like <40k.... Looking for good quality 10inch bass..
For 40k you can get a 12 inch sub as well. Pl-200ii, Taga harmony and Polk HTs-12. If you extend your budget by little you can go for the xtz 10.17 Which I have listed in sales section.It easily is the best quality 10 inch sub in its price range and even better then the 12inches I have mentioned. Check out the specs and features below

I recently got Bic America Pl200 II online from Jamsticks for 44k+shipping. But you can get it from a local dealer for around 40K. I like it it's not too boomy and good for movies. It still has to open up and currently I am running it at 50% volume as per the recommendation. If you have budget restriction and want to buy new then this is the one to go for.

I recently got Bic America Pl200 II online from Jamsticks for 44k+shipping. But you can get it from a local dealer for around 40K. I like it it's not too boomy and good for movies. It still has to open up and currently I am running it at 50% volume as per the recommendation. If you have budget restriction and want to buy new then this is the one to go for.
I don't think it's possible to get it for 40K from any local dealer! Asked a few folks in B'lore. 44k is a pretty good price for that sub.

Maybe the wharfedale subs? I have heard one, can't remember which one, but it was a 10inch sub - was pretty accurate - surprisingly so. Marantz and wharfedales, were in bed together once, so might be a good match. Also look at the REL T zero, within your budget, it could be a great fit - for both music and movies. As @tuff mentioned though, a sub is as good as it's placement.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back