Suggestions on upgrading from Dali Oberon 5

Thanks. Denon is very convenient with less external boxes to connect to. I did see a number of Denon japan blogs paired with Dali . Are you suggesting that Denon many sound too warm/bass heavy with Dali Oberon 5 ? Lintons may be big for my room but Denton Super shd be ok. Wont the Denon and Denton Super/Linton end up been too warm sounding?
Any folks using Denon stereo amp and B&W 606S3 ? Under consideration are Super Denton,Dali Oberon 5 and B&W 606S3 to be powered with Denon 900 HNE .May consider Audiolab 9000a plus wimm combo in future.

Last edited:
I have never tried my Denon amp with my Dali
Well we did play your Denon 2500 with the Dali Rubicons in my house.
Dali had the grunt required to move the Rubicons. But overall signature and performance was better when it was used as a power amp with the pre amp section of Marantz PM8006.

Thanks. Denon is very convenient with less external boxes to connect to. I did see a number of Denon japan blogs paired with Dali . Are you suggesting that Denon many sound too warm/bass heavy with Dali Oberon 5 ? Lintons may be big for my room but Denton Super shd be ok. Wont the Denon and Denton Super/Linton end up been too warm sounding?
With AL9000, I'll suggest to audition the WD Evo series. That's the combo WD use in audio shows. A friend of mine uses Evo 4.2 + AL 6000, lovely. I can magine 9000 to really excel in that combo.
If you are thinking of Marantz +Dali, you may consider Opticon or above rather than Oberon, as I found the combo bit tubby and coloured, compared to Rubicon. You may also try the QA middle range with Marantz.

With AL9000, I'll suggest to audition the WD Evo series. That's the combo WD use in audio shows. A friend of mine uses Evo 4.2 + AL 6000, lovely. I can magine 9000 to really excel in that combo.
If you are thinking of Marantz +Dali, you may consider Opticon or above rather than Oberon, as I found the combo bit tubby and coloured, compared to Rubicon. You may also try the QA middle range with Marantz.
Thank you for the guidance. Iam looking at AL9000A and Wharfedale super denton 3 given the space limitation.i tend to stay away from ribbin tupe tweeter and prefer old school dome.
Noted your suggestion on Rubicon series.

Dali Meunet SE is very hard to get in stock. If you have any leads, let me know.
I am torn between the Dali oberon 5 and menuet SE. Oberon 5 can be had for 84k and menuet se for 125k, I wonder if it is worth the price difference, anyone has first hand experience with these speakers?

I am torn between the Dali oberon 5 and menuet SE. Oberon 5 can be had for 84k and menuet se for 125k, I wonder if it is worth the price difference, anyone has first hand experience with these speakers?
Menuet is for small room, intimate listening. SQ is much better than Oberon. But lacks scale and bass. Oberon has scale, but not as refined or detailed. Lots of bass, but thrashy if you push hard. Can feel cabinet colouration, but Menuet has none.
These two are different speakers for different purposes. I feel that for a bedroom system, Menuet is one of the best things to have. But in a large room, loud listening, it'll not cope.
I've listened to both the speakers with same amp, different rooms.

I had demoed Sliver 500, 700 and Oberon 5, whilst finalizing Oberon 5. That was quite sometime ago, but I would put 700's as a competitor to Oberon 5. 500, IMHO lags behind.
Do you mean to say The Silver 500 7G
As there is no 700 series in MA

Do you mean to say The Silver 500 7G
As there is no 700 series in MA

My mistake.

I meant to say, I had demoed/heard Silver 50 7G, Silver 100 7g, Silver 500 7G and Dali Oberon 5. Dali Oberon 5 is more comparable to Silver 100 7g in terms of scale, bass and dynamics. Silver 500 7g sounded like a much bigger speaker than Oberon 5 and meant for much bigger rooms.

I upgraded from Dali Oberon 5s, to Wharfedale Lintons.

Very very happy.
what changes did you experience in the sound ?
i have the oberon 5s and i love love love the sound but in my room the bass is just to prominent with deeper bass tracks.

what did you end up with ?

i have the oberon 5s and i love love love the sound but in my room the bass is just to prominent with deeper bass tracks.

The Lintons just seem to have a bigger sound. Warm yet detailed.
They go deep. Definitely do not need a sub (I had paired a small sub with my Oberon 5s).

Goes very well with the type of music I listen to (60s - 70s Rock and Blues, and Indian Classical vocal).

Hence for the Lintons need an amp with a little bit of sparkle. I use a Denon.

For the Oberons (which are quite sparkly / exciting) , I used a warmer amp - a Marantz.

Marantz amp + Wharfedale Linton speakers combo gets too warm and laid back, in my personal opinion.

Absolutely love Oberon 5.

I have struggled to upgrade it for years. Have auditioned whatever loudspeaker I can find and haven't found something that works for me and my taste and my room as much as Oberon 5.

Bass of Oberon 5 can be tamed and the slight cabinet colouration it exhibits can also me remedied. Can get in touch with you on this. Also, Oberon 5 scales incredibly well.

But outside of Oberon 5, the balance between warmth + Timing+ Tone, is very hard to beat.

Absolutely love Oberon 5.

I have struggled to upgrade it for years. Have auditioned whatever loudspeaker I can find and haven't found something that works for me and my taste and my room as much as Oberon 5.

Bass of Oberon 5 can be tamed and the slight cabinet colouration it exhibits can also me remedied. Can get in touch with you on this. Also, Oberon 5 scales incredibly well.

But outside of Oberon 5, the balance between warmth + Timing+ Tone, is very hard to beat.
Yes I can relate this being a Oberon user for last few months . Awesome speakers for its price point 😊

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back