Importance of Speaker Placement

In my experience, i have seen that anything in centre of the speakers, impacts the sound.
Whether it is some wooden table, whether it is the rack with equipments, or tv , or anything else. The impact will vary based on how cluttered the centre space is, what is thevmaterial etc

So i keep the center space open. The amp and rack is to the right of right speaker.
Absolutely. There should be as little of things as possible between the speakers. Else sounds staging suffers.

Absolutely. There should be as little of things as possible between the speakers. Else sounds staging suffers.

If you trust the manufacturers, eg.DALI does mention in their manual that nothing should be placed between speakers. I pull my speaker out to avoid any obstruction between them.

If you trust the manufacturers, eg.DALI does mention in their manual that nothing should be placed between speakers. I pull my speaker out to avoid any obstruction between them.
The interesting thing is, Dali technical people were very specific that there should be no toe in for the Oberons and they should be facing straight. I guess they were designed keeping this in mind.

The interesting thing is, Dali technical people were very specific that there should be no toe in for the Oberons and they should be facing straight. I guess they were designed keeping this in mind.

I have two Dali Speakers and both sound best when positioned without toe in. I Like manufacturers who are specific about their gears and how it's sound, helping noobs like us not to chase their tail.

I have two Dali Speakers and both sound best when positioned without toe in. I Like manufacturers who are specific about their gears and how it's sound, helping noobs like us not to chase their tail.
I too have Oberon1 wall mounted. Hence had mailed them the query of toe in to which they firmly advised against doing it.
Maybe it was designed that way.
Also they recommend equal length of wires for the speaker pairs.

In my experience, i have seen that anything in centre of the speakers, impacts the sound.
Whether it is some wooden table, whether it is the rack with equipments, or tv , or anything else. The impact will vary based on how cluttered the centre space is, what is thevmaterial etc

So i keep the center space open. The amp and rack is to the right of right speaker.
Everything impacts the sound so your observation is right. The idea is to get a balanced sound with the elements you will need in the room although anything which can reflect/absorb in the direct path is better removed.

Even the rack, it it is an area where sound pressure can add up it adds vibration especially true for Turntables and Tube equipment so moving that also helps.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back