The bed mattress conundrum

One can also visit the local mattress maker and ask him to make rebonded foam mattress - the material (hard and firm) is great for people with back/waist issues.

Also, for those that care about this sort of thing, be aware of the toxicity of foam and VOC's in foam that are released over time which MAY be a health hazard - especially for infants and sensitive adults.

For past 22 years have used only the traditional cotton mattress from our own Gaddiwala and they have worked extremely well for me. Only once in 7 to 8 years replace the top cloth and cover and loosen the cotton and add a little more cotton for a nominal fee. This cotton mattress is 5" thick. I had used coir mattress ( don't remember brand name now) before that and had to scrap them in a year due to back problem created by that.

I used to have back and neck stiffness waking up on somedays. What really took it away was throwing the entire bed and putting pure cotton local made custom mattress on ground. 0 back or neck problems since then.
They occur only when I'm traveling and have to sleep on hotel beds.

Forgot to update. I wanted to buy springtek and for some reason, they increased the price. Having used to spring mattress, I want to try out a different one this time. Gone with Sunday Ortho Latex 4 Mattress. The Hip and back pain I had is gone now. I am happy with the purchase. But my wife is yet to get accustomed to the bed.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back