Wharfedale Diamond 220 vs AJ FS52 fronts for Rx-v377

Appys

Hi,

Time to upgrade the stock Fronts that came with my YHT2910 ,the receiver is RXV377 and the speakers on my mind are:

1)Wharfedale Diamond 220s
2)Pair of FS52s by AJ

To be honest I read so much about YHT 299 here a year or so ago here that I bought the 2910 w/o even auditioning,I wont do that again yet I value the knowledge of FMs here immensely,hence asking for suggestions.

I heard Yamaha floorstanders last week,treble was so tinny I felt like puking..I don't handle tinny high frequencies too well,while I love my mids and lows crystal clear..To be very honest I know I can't imagine things like speaker disappearing and I frankly don't even know what Soundstage means but I like quality music and would love to experience something better than I am getting here..

I was advised in the forum to buy from India itself hence I did not/do not buy my stuff if I travel outside once in a while ..Now that I am back I would like to invest in some quality speakers to hook my AVR up with..My Media player would be either the USB in AVR for MP3 or else Bluray/TV for FLAC playback or maybe the PI

Budget: 25k max.
Usage: 40% Music / 60% TV Shows/Movies

Hi

There are a lot of good speakers available and the key is to demo them with your kind of music and movies...so carry these discs or store them in a pen drive and go for auditions...I am sure there are many dealers out there....

For Yamahas, Bostons, Jamos, Wharfedale etc work well......Cinebels has Jamo S426 HCS3 which is closed to 30k which is a 5.0 speaker system...Reliance digital online sells the same for 28k....all the best....

Best places to Audition these in Bangalore anyone?
esp a place where they might have a yamaha avr lying around to be paired with Pioneer AJs/Wharfedale or any other good front worthy pair of speakers in my budget..
Uniquesys is renovating ,Reliance digital phoenix said no for pioneers while DNI HT is having no stocks for AJs..any other places in mind

Wharfedale 220 is good if you would like to hear details in the music. I own this speaker and very happy with the sound crystal clear. These speakers will fit your budget. Cant comment about AJ.
You may check with HT Store (JP Nagar) for audition of these speakers paired with Yamaha AVR

Thanks buddy,I do agree that I have heard many rave reviews on the speaker..the only reason that has inclined me towards the AJs is that with Wharfies I need to buy a good stand as well that will cost a minimum of 8k and take it beyond my budget while the AJs will cover the base for me in that aspect...tough choice but I see no alternatives to these two stars..I am planning to end up buying one of these by this weekend if i get to audition both..

Naah not repenting,just mentioned that I bought it blindly ...Phoenix RD guys denied having AJs on phone..will call them again,in that case

Good lord, I bought 299 last week and am in same boat as you. I want to upgrade my Centre and Fronts. I liked the voice and music full bodies. So keep us posted here. I will watch this closely

I was also searching for AJ 52.I already have the BS 22 with me for over a year now.I started Hifi with them Now I am thinking of upgrading to FS 52.

@Appys - Did you buy the FS? What was the price quoted ?

Yes got it yday w/o much bargain due to such limited stocks... was chasing dealers since months for it.. 26.7k is the quoted price, limited stocks at dni ht bellandur and they won't budge much as seems they have long waitlist to lap it up

Last edited:
@Appys

No Stock available in Bangalore. DNI is not ready to sell FS alone.They are willing to sell only the 5.1package.

Oh darn :sad: I believe them,compared to many others who are really rude for low budget buyers. DNI are really nice dealers and were very patient with me..That too when they mainly focus on doing projects instead of selling products.. As they told,they had very little stocks , earlier this week with a long waitlist..I had been chasing them for months to get this piece and thats y I didnt even bother auditioning wharfies and bought them on the spot as I was sure if I wait till saturday/bargaining too much no way I am getting a piece from brick n mortar stores..

Maybe you can take a bet with Avenue sound online,but not sure if it is Pioneer India warranty with those ones..Pioneer India has now updated the price to 26980 a pair I guess

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back