what is better DIAMOND 220 vs ELAC B5

mmail552000

I have recently started to look for AVRs and speakers..

Avr : am almost done with yamaha RX-v681

Speakers:

Bookshelf : not Checked :- Just through reviews
1. Diamond 220
2. Q3020
3. ELAC B5

I have limited myself for AVR and 2 channel 1st later would like to have the Sub-woofer and Centre

Need suggestions,

Regards,
Rohit

Speakers:

1. Diamond 220
2. Q3020
3. ELAC B5

I have limited myself for AVR and 2 channel 1st later would like to have the Sub-woofer and Centre

Need suggestions,

Regards,
Rohit

I would pick the Q3020 with a Marantz/Denon receiver along with a Sub. If you go with the Elac, you can leave the sub for later. You could also take a look at Dali Zensor 1/Zensor3. When you decide to go all out 5.1, the Zensor 1 could go to the back.

MaSh

Last edited:
I would pick the Q3020 with a Marantz/Denon receiver along with a Sub. If you go with the Elac, you can leave the sub for later. You could also take a look at Dali Zensor 1/Zensor3. When you decide to go all out 5.1, the Zensor 1 could go to the back.

MaSh

how about Boston Acoustics A26 / or Elac b5 - or B6

Using diamond 220 with Yamaha AVR. It pairs well for music and movies.

Speakers:

1. Diamond 220
2. Q3020
3. ELAC B5

Need suggestions,

Regards,
Rohit

Have Elac b5 bA26 and wharf;s. Elac is out of comparison and simply blows BA's. both BA and Wharf are warmer and are good for long listening.
If budget prefers Elac then Dali then Tannoys . {budget wise BA are also good and if you are fan of Kevlars Wharfedale are good but lack punch}

I recently auditioned Elac B5 connected to a peachtree amp (one of the most expensive amps). To me they sounded OK. Nothing groundbreaking to write home about. Switched to tannoy eclipse 3 (not a fair comparison) and the soundstage transformed to something breathtaking.

Two years ago, I auditioned wharfedale 220 and 225. May be just my ears - I don’t know why the reviewers go gaga about these speakers. Probably for the amount you may pay in the UK, these sound fantastic. No punch in the 225s either.

To me Tannoys sounded even handed. So, audition these speakers. I’d leave out the low frequencies to a good sub. All these speakers I’ve mentioned here - the mids are great.

Audition!

I recently auditioned Elac B5 connected to a peachtree amp (one of the most expensive amps). To me they sounded OK. Nothing groundbreaking to write home about. Switched to tannoy eclipse 3 (not a fair comparison) and the soundstage transformed to something breathtaking.

Two years ago, I auditioned wharfedale 220 and 225. May be just my ears - I don’t know why the reviewers go gaga about these speakers. Probably for the amount you may pay in the UK, these sound fantastic. No punch in the 225s either.

To me Tannoys sounded even handed. So, audition these speakers. I’d leave out the low frequencies to a good sub. All these speakers I’ve mentioned here - the mids are great.

Audition!

Very good observations. Most of the reviews mislead people to think that these speakers stated are too good, whilst in reality they are average. They are ideal for getting into the hobby but the need to upgrade from them will be rather sooner than later

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back