Which Subwoofer for movies and a bit of music as well?

trivisingh

I was going to get the SVS PB1000 but I saw some poor reviews about it being not so good for Music. So now I am considering other brands like Rythmic or XTZ. Can u guys please suggest a good subwoofer for me within 1 lakh for a 12 x 10 room which will perform great for movies but will be good for a bit of music as well? Also which place in Mumbai can I go to demo these other brands of subwoofer?
It seems the Rythmic LV12F and LVX12 are good, can anyone comment on their performance if they have these subwoofers.

I was going to get the SVS PB1000 but I saw some poor reviews about it being not so good for Music. So now I am considering other brands like Rythmic or XTZ. Can u guys please suggest a good subwoofer for me within 1 lakh for a 12 x 10 room which will perform great for movies but will be good for a bit of music as well? Also which place in Mumbai can I go to demo these other brands of subwoofer?
It seems the Rythmic LV12F and LVX12 are good, can anyone comment on their performance if they have these subwoofers.

Never heard XTZ or RYTHMIC.(IMO) Big no for svs pb 1000 for music.

Both Rhyrhmic & XTZ are good contenders & may have port flexibility to be used as sealed or ported. For music you can also go for SVS SB 2000 which is sealed. The SB 3000 has also got very good reviews for music as well as movies..
If you want a subwoofer more for movies & less for music as your title suggests then the ported subwoofers would do more justice for LFE content as compared to the sealed ones. The PB 1000 would also be suitable for that purpose.

Last edited:
Your primary application is movies. If you are interested in sub for music check my thread.
Cheers,
Raghu

Mumbai has lots of dealers who sell a variety of subwoofers....here are some well known.

Total Home Theatres - Nariman Point
ProFx Audio - Worli
Fair Deal - Crawford Market / Vile Parle
Sound Out - Heera Panna
M Z Audio - Bandra W
The Den - Worli
CineBels - Bandra W

Audition and decide for your self. Besides Sealed vs Ported subs, room dimensions, placement, room type (treated or normal) also plays a role in the bass you hear.....

Can u guys please suggest a good subwoofer for me within 1 lakh for a 12 x 10 room which will perform great for movies but will be good for a bit of music as well?

If you already have one, then adding an identical 2nd one will help.. If you are planning to buy new, then dual subs would be great..

A bit of music so I assume 20-30% music? And also music what source and mode you use? Normally pple listen to music in direct or pure direct and the sub won’t work as the stereo tracks won’t have LFE recordings. In stereo mode the sub will work but quality will be reduced compared to direct and pure direct. I use xtz 10.17 and prefer direct or pure direct and my dali z3 produces very powerful bass.coming to the performance of xtz it’s a very good subwoofer and provides more power and calibration options compared to any subwoofer in its price point. So for 70:30 movies and music respectively xtz is a very good choice. Heard that rythmik subs are excellent and they have a better reach and reviews compared to xtz.

Yeah.. rythmik is really good..
Know for their servo technology.

Thanks for all the input guys. I think I wont be getting the SVS now. Will be auditioning the Rythmic tomorrow and see if I like it. REL subs seem to be quite popular for music but seeing as my main content will be movies with about 20 - 30% music, I think I should go for rythmic or XTZ.

Any XTZ dealer in Mumbai that u guys know?

Thanks for all the input guys. I think I wont be getting the SVS now. Will be auditioning the Rythmic tomorrow and see if I like it. REL subs seem to be quite popular for music but seeing as my main content will be movies with about 20 - 30% music, I think I should go for rythmic or XTZ.

Any XTZ dealer in Mumbai that u guys know?
XTZ has only dealer that is in Chennai

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back