Wiim mini + entry level dac

If you use the streamer volume control, you will lose bit-perfect playback. See here - https://faq.wiimhome.com/support/solutions/articles/72000593467-setting-volume-controls

The Fosi Audio V3 has a volume control, why not use it ?
Laziness, you'd say :). I have to get up from my sofa to get to the Fosi V3 by bending down and adjusting the volume every time. Currently, I have the Arylic S50Pro+ which has a remote which is what I use to control the volume. Fosi is kept at 12'o Clock mark at starup.

I want the same convenience from Wiim (mini/pro/pro plus) connected to a DAC and then that DAC connected to Fosi v3. So my option is to have one singular remote / mobile to control the volume.

Thank you for your observation.
On cheapaudioman YouTube channel it was opined that smsl su 1 and schiit modi 3+ sound similar. That got me thinking of smsl su1.
Any idea about schiit modi 3 or its later iterations, as to the combination with wiim mini?
Don't listen to cheapaudioman. He is not a great reviewer. I was demotivated by his review on my smsl D300. I guess he didn't even listen to it or don't know how to review it. Many forums glorified this little dac and for the price it is excellent.
In your case, Modi 3+ would be a great DAC. or as said earlier look for DACs with AKM chip.

Guys, need some input on Wiim mini/Pro/Pro plus. If I add in a DAC and connect it to a Fosi Audio V3 and keep the volume constant, can I control the Wiim (which would be connected with a optical/coaxial to the DAC) streamer's volume from the device itself?
yes, you can. With wiim mini, you need a mobile to control volume. I guess, if you can pair wiim remote to it, you can control the volume with the remote. Please research if wiim mini supports wiim remote.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back