7.1 speaker placement

Yogesh2k5

I have just to learn about the HT setup. My home is construction is going on and planning to enable speaker points in concrete itself for 7.1 HT Setup.

viewing distance is 12 ft to TV

Total room length is 15 ft and width is 12 ft

I need help with below 2 points

1. Front floor level what should be height for all speaker placement ( from floor level 5ft or 7 ft)

2. ⁠placement/angle of 7 speaker from the seating position

Thanks in advance.

The tweeter of the speakers should be around ear height, which is around 3.5-4 feeet. Try to make a isoceles triangle between your MLP and L and R speakers. Placement of sub deoends on room acoustics and not easy to comment on, so, place multiple outlets for subwoofer (RCA) at various places in the room where it will be possible to place a sub.

Preferably add 4 Atmos in-ceiling speakers in the false ceiling.

Look at the Dolby guidelines for more details.

1000108637.png

Best of luck!!

I have just to learn about the HT setup. My home is construction is going on and planning to enable speaker points in concrete itself for 7.1 HT Setup.

viewing distance is 12 ft to TV

Total room length is 15 ft and width is 12 ft

I need help with below 2 points

1. Front floor level what should be height for all speaker placement ( from floor level 5ft or 7 ft)

2. ⁠placement/angle of 7 speaker from the seating position

Thanks in advance.
Please check dolby guidelines. If possible if any integrator is there at your place contact them. They will mark the places for speaker placement. Ask them to plint for 9 speakers as if required in future you can add. Based on speaker markings ask you can ask electrician for wiring.
And in you tube also videos available.

The tweeter of the speakers should be around ear height, which is around 3.5-4 feeet. Try to make a isoceles triangle between your MLP and L and R speakers. Placement of sub deoends on room acoustics and not easy to comment on, so, place multiple outlets for subwoofer (RCA) at various places in the room where it will be possible to place a sub.

View attachment 85272

Best of luck!!
Thanks for the reply. It was very helpful

View attachment 85272

Best of luck!!
@suku_patel_22 Too many basic question, I am beginner in home audio, Need everyone help to setup good home theatre

Can you please suggest good medium/little above range AV receiver for 7.1 speaker home theatre setup ?
power amp is really required or pre amp good enough ?
What is the ideal amplification required for 7.1 speaker setup ?

For 7.1 speaker setup i am only planning all tower speakers? Any suggestion here ?

Thanks in advance

Please check dolby guidelines. If possible if any integrator is there at your place contact them. They will mark the places for speaker placement. Ask them to plint for 9 speakers as if required in future you can add. Based on speaker markings ask you can ask electrician for wiring.
And in you tube also videos available.
@Phani24 Thanks for the answer. It was really helpful.

@suku_patel_22 Too many basic question, I am beginner in home audio, Need everyone help to setup good home theatre

Can you please suggest good medium/little above range AV receiver for 7.1 speaker home theatre setup ?

For 7.1 speaker setup i am only planning all tower speakers? Any suggestion here ?

Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance
What is your budget. Marantz cinema 60 is good 7.2 receiver with oreouts. It is 100watts 2 channel driven. I yhink power amp not required now. Based on your speaker's ifcrequired you can add later. If budget permits go for 9.4 avr.

View attachment 85272

Best of luck!!
As you mentioned, identified below coordinates for speaker placement for mentioned room size.

Please correct if any of the placement is wrong

Front Left Speaker (L): (-5, 0)
Front Right Speaker (R): (5, 0)
MLP: (0, 11)
Left Side Surround Speaker (LS): (-7.5, 12)
Right Side Surround Speaker (RS): (7.5, 12)
Left Rear Surround Speaker (LR): (-3.3, 15)

Right Rear Surround Speaker (RR): (3.3, 15)

And what are the speakers you have
This is the first time i am planning for Home theatre setup.. Everything i have to purchase newly. Started to learn different models of AV receiver and understand that.

I haven't enquired about the AV receiver price outside

I haven't fixed any budget. If its little higher side also i can manage.

It would be really helpful. if you can suggest the AV receiver and matching tower speakers for 7.1 and 7.2 ?

This is the first time i am planning for Home theatre setup.. Everything i have to purchase newly. Started to learn different models of AV receiver and understand that.

It would be really helpful. if you can suggest the AV receiver and matching tower speakers for 7.1 and 7.2 ?
Hi, a small suggestion, please quote a figure upto which you are willing to spend so that people can give meaningful suggestions, because there are lots of variables available to choose from, also go through similar threads in he forum so get an idea of the requirements and cost.

What is the budget you are planning.

Hi, a small suggestion, please quote a figure upto which you are willing to spend so that people can give meaningful suggestions, because there are lots of variables available to choose from, also go through similar threads in he forum so get an idea of the requirements and cost.
You are right. Arrived an Budget around 1.5 lakhs to max 2 lakhs

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back