Amplifier for Mission LX 2

shaan.nitt

I am planning to buy mission lx2.. Pls suggest an amplifier to get the best sound oft of these speakers.. My room size is 20*20 ft. Budget for amp is around 20k

I am planning to buy mission lx2.. Pls suggest an amplifier to get the best sound oft of these speakers.. My room size is 20*20 ft. Budget for amp is around 20k

These speakers deserve a better budget for the Amp. There is one downer and one highlight of these speakers. The low point is their sensitivity levels, however the good thing is these are 6 ohms drivers. But they have nice tonal. perhaps something from stables of NAD or Cambridge should do good justice

Based on the specs, you should pair them with a decent stereo amp from NAD or Cambridge Audio or Marantz etc......

If budget is an issue,look for pre owned gear in the classified section or OLX....

Such a large room with stand mounts such as the missions? Budget wise you will get the usual suspects unless you look at pre owned where you can get some higher wattage amps but will be more expensive than 20k

Such a large room with stand mounts such as the missions? Budget wise you will get the usual suspects unless you look at pre owned where you can get some higher wattage amps but will be more expensive than 20k
What would u suggest? I mostly listen pink floyd, porcupine tree etc, my brothers prefer edm bollywood music..if room size is small thn what should be my set up.. Total budget 50 k.. I choosed misson lx2 cause i read the bass is good and price is 15 k

For starters, increase the budget as you will need to acquire floorstanders or book shelves with a good sub at the very least to do justice to the music you & your brother listen to & work in that large room. Then the amp suitable & ofcourse the source which am guessing currently will be your mobile phone.

Hi, I have a Cambridge audio 640a V2(not v1) amp which does 75w per channel @ 8ohm on stereo. I have too many amps not being used so looking at selling off a couple of them. Pm me if interested, it is well within your budget.

If you still have not purchased LX2, see if you can audition these powered bookshelf speakers 'Kugel by Vander & Thonet'. Lot of connectivity options, saves you from buying amplifier, well within your budget and sounds good with enough bass.

Last edited:
For starters, increase the budget as you will need to acquire floorstanders or book shelves with a good sub at the very least to do justice to the music you & your brother listen to & work in that large room. Then the amp suitable & ofcourse the source which am guessing currently will be your mobile phone.
Noted. Actually my input will be from phone and tv/tatasky..so far i have thought of norge 2060 btu+ mission.. Can i add a subwoofer to the above mentioned amp later? I read mission lx2 is tricky to pair. Dont understand what that means.suggest a decent subwoofer.

If you still have not purchased LX2, see if you can audition these powered bookshelf speakers 'Kugel by Vander & Thonet'. Lot of connectivity options, saves you from buying amplifier, well within your budget and sounds good with enough bass.
Certainly check

After reading many discussions in this forum and review. My thoughts are on
Crown XLS 1502 amp + Mission lx-2 speakers.what other accessories i have to buy to listen song from smartphone? Kindly help guys. First-time i am spending this much.. Kindly help

After reading many discussions in this forum and review. My thoughts are on
Crown XLS 1502 amp + Mission lx-2 speakers.what other accessories i have to buy to listen song from smartphone? Kindly help guys. First-time i am spending this much.. Kindly help

Given the kind of use and power requirements.....even the kind of playback music etc.....you should look at this amp......based on budget...decide on the model (higher end or mid segment or base model). Yamaha overall works and blends with most speakers......

https://in.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/hifi_components/r-n303/index.html

https://in.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/hifi_components/r-n402/index.html

https://in.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/hifi_components/index.html

Visit various dealers where possible and check for the best deal.....there are many who sell out there and you can easily be able to rope in some discount.

If there is a model which has dedicated sub woofer out terminal versus a model which does not have one (and this one meets your features and budget)...go for it....you can later add a sub which has specifically High level & Low level input connections (meant for hooking up to stereo amps).

If possible, you should also audition other bookshelf speakers within the stated budget and decide.....

Noted. Actually my input will be from phone and tv/tatasky..so far i have thought of norge 2060 btu+ mission.. Can i add a subwoofer to the above mentioned amp later? I read mission lx2 is tricky to pair. Dont understand what that means.suggest a decent subwoofer.
Look at Cambridge Audio SR10 (V2). Budget stereo receiver at 25k appx with phono input and sub out option. Decent 85wpc (20hz to 20khz) can drive any BS effectively. You can add a subwoofer if you feel like. With built in tuner and front Aux input alongwith wide connectivity option this can be a good option well within your budget. But check the version as V1 (older version) does not have sub out option.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back