Bookshelf Speakers for ONKYO TX SV424

umeetbabu

Friends i want to buy a pair of bookshelf speakers for my old ONKYO TX SV424. my budget is 10k. i love bass. what about polk T15?

Hi, under strict tight 10k budget T15 are value for money I think, another option can be pioneer Andrew Jones Bookshelf, Boston acoustics a23, a26 they will go a little above 10k say 11 or 12 at least. And many options are from Taga.
However I basically use Polk , not the particular model but I can say Polks are nice speakers. Update here once you get a pair for yourself with pics :)

Hi, under strict tight 10k budget T15 are value for money I think, another option can be pioneer Andrew Jones Bookshelf, Boston acoustics a23, a26 they will go a little above 10k say 11 or 12 at least. And many options are from Taga.
However I basically use Polk , not the particular model but I can say Polks are nice speakers. Update here once you get a pair for yourself with pics :)
sure friend

thank you Dr., please update ...

Hey. So I did use the polk bookshelf speakers.
In short I would say that they are fine if it's your first purchase or you want something basic. Though it didn't let me down but it still wasn't an upgrade from my 15 yr old Sony speakers. You'd be pretty surprised by the amount of bass these little speakers can make.
What I learn from this experience is that I most probably am never buying again without an audition.

You cannot go wrong with Andrew Jones Bookshelf and Boston Acoustics A25.

Just to add to this question, is there can anyone who has tried A25, A26 and Wharfedale 10.1. Any comparisons in terms of sound quality would be great. Least preference to bass.

@ umeetbabu

if you are expecting bass to come from small bookshelf speakers, you may need to extend your budget and look at big brands and models(series) which will do the required justice....

Typical bookshelf speakers will provide bass from 60hz onwards...anything below this is good for music.....you get bookshelf speakers which can deliver as low as 35hz or even 40hz.....

My advice is audition....very much required or see some youtube videos.....read the specs and see which model or brand outputs the lowest frequency closer to 20hz....

Sometimes there are good deals in For Sale by owner section or hifiads or OLX where you can get good pre owned stuff...

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back