Budget setup in 50K

thebulletguy

Hi, i am a complete noob when it comes to this area.
I want to put together a system that can be expanded further.
Purpose:
  • Music mostly pop, rock and trance
  • Some movies but not frequently

Sources:
  • PC
  • Smartphone using bluetooth

Budget:

Should I get a avr or a stereo amp as I am not that into surround sound.
And which speakers should I get BS or FS

I live in Pune and can go to Mumbai to audition systems

Purpose:

Sources:
  • PC

Budget:

Yes you are right, look for good quality Stereo amp, an external DAC and a pair of bookshelves.

You can check out Hifimart for deals going on, on Marantz amps. For speakers, you would need to audition and pick the ones that you like. Speakers from Polk RTi series, Wharfedale, Dali, Q Aoustic are quite popular.

Pick the speakers and then look for an amp that is known to drive them well. Some stereo amps have built in DACs to connect digital sources, however, slightly older amps(cheaper!!) with an external dac will give you more flexibility. Also, invest in good speaker stands for the book shelves.

MaSh

Yes you are right, look for good quality Stereo amp, an external DAC and a pair of bookshelves.

You can check out Hifimart for deals going on, on Marantz amps. For speakers, you would need to audition and pick the ones that you like. Speakers from Polk RTi series, Wharfedale, Dali, Q Aoustic are quite popular.

Pick the speakers and then look for an amp that is known to drive them well. Some stereo amps have built in DACs to connect digital sources, however, slightly older amps(cheaper!!) with an external dac will give you more flexibility. Also, invest in good speaker stands for the book shelves.

MaSh
Thanks for the feedback.

How is the Taga TAV 606F has anybody heard them. http://www.taga-audio.com/catalog,product,id,20,home_speakers_audio-video_series_tav-606f_v.3
They price is very aggressive

Is it necessary to use a DAC

And are integrated stereo amplifiers better than AVR with 2.0 setup

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Purpose:

Sources:
  • PC

Budget:

Either you can pick one of the Chinese stereo digital amplifiers, add BS and be done with it.. (or)

If u would like to expand the system for both stereo/movies, then an AVR with wi-fi and bluetooth would be a better choice..

https://www.hifimart.com/pioneer-vsx-531-av-receiver.html?search=pioneer

+

https://www.hifimart.com/taga-harmony-tav-406-v-2-set.html?search=taga

(or)

https://www.hifimart.com/taga-harmony-tav-606-v3-speaker-package.html?search=taga&page=2

What you will get is a 5.0 system, The FS can handle decent bass in absence of subwoofer..

Later you can expand by adding subwoofer.

Either you can pick one of the Chinese stereo digital amplifiers, add BS and be done with it.. (or)

If u would like to expand the system for both stereo/movies, then an AVR with wi-fi and bluetooth would be a better choice..

https://www.hifimart.com/pioneer-vsx-531-av-receiver.html?search=pioneer

+

https://www.hifimart.com/taga-harmony-tav-406-v-2-set.html?search=taga

(or)

https://www.hifimart.com/taga-harmony-tav-606-v3-speaker-package.html?search=taga&page=2

What you will get is a 5.0 system, The FS can handle decent bass in absence of subwoofer..

Later you can expand by adding subwoofer.
Will the output quality be better when using an AVR or no.
As the rms power is more than integrated stereo amplifiers

Ideally no. A stereo amp will trump any receiver in the same price range. You need a much higher segment receiver to better a budget or mid segment stereo amplifier. Receivers are designed and built primarily for multi channel duties which requires processing, decoding or multi channel formats, etc, unlike a more direct path in a stereo amp.

If music is your primary requirement, ignore the receivers and get your self a stereo amp from one of the popular brands available which would match your speakers.

MaSh

Ideally no. A stereo amp will trump any receiver in the same price range. You need a much higher segment receiver to better a budget or mid segment stereo amplifier. Receivers are designed and built primarily for multi channel duties which requires processing, decoding or multi channel formats, etc, unlike a more direct path in a stereo amp.

If music is your primary requirement, ignore the receivers and get your self a stereo amp from one of the popular brands available which would match your speakers.

MaSh

Can you suggest a good amplifier

Can you suggest a good amplifier

For which speaker? Decide on the speakers first and the pick an amp for them.

I have been a Denon Marantz user for a while, hence prefer their sound signature. They are warm sounding, hence with bright sounding speakers, the overall sound signature is well balanced for my tastes.

MaSh

For which speaker? Decide on the speakers first and the pick an amp for them.

I have been a Denon Marantz user for a while, hence prefer their sound signature. They are warm sounding, hence with bright sounding speakers, the overall sound signature is well balanced for my tastes.

MaSh

I have short listed these speakers.

DALI ZENSOR 3 7" - A bit expensive
Boston Acoustics A 26 6.5" - How is this
Taga Harmony TAV-806F - Preferred but need some advice
WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 220 BOOKSHEL - looks promising

I have not heard any of these, just did a bit of reading and came up with the list. Am open to suggestions.

As per my knowledge wharfedale 220 got very good reviews.
Taga harmony use to be very bright but they wil give decent bass.
Rest no idea

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Having used an AVR, dedicated stereo amplifier and the chinese amplifier with different speakers, i can firmly say that the best way to put a least expensive stereo together is to get the Chinese amplifiers and pick the least expsive bookshelf.

Chinese amplifiers are not aval thru a proper channel in India.. They have to be imported to India thru Aliexpress.. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FX-...lgo_pvid=1a0aba20-22fa-48e3-b4f2-97c263ae5297

The power output of the chinese amplifiers may look miniuscle compared to the traditional stereo amplifiers..But they operate differently and are much more efficient.. They also have digital inputs.. All for 10K max..

Looks for something that has Sub pre-out and you can add a sub-woofer(s) later..

FM sandeepmohan in bangalore has PSB B15 + stands - take that

add NAD amp from hifiads - there is a Nad 320 ( vintage ) i think - if you dig

and you will be good to run a long happy distance.. and in your budget thereabouts..

PS : I have no connection with either seller.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back