Confused atma from Kolkata seeking all your help

Thanks kumar. But with my little knowledge I think 5.1 is produce better sound quality than 2.1 correct me if I am wrong
5.1 and other multichannel formats are made for movies and 2.0 is for music. It may feel better to listen music in 5.1 in starting, but later you realize that 5.1 extracts audio from 2.0 only to make it 5.1, which degrades the quality and you will start disliking it.

I made the same mistake by purchasing an AVR to listen music, but later I bought an Integrated Amp, and after that I never went back to listen music through AVR.

From Barasat mate. Pls suggest some audio shop and some model. Thanks
I say in your budget you either go for active options or buy used.

Option 1: Swans M200 MK III. I recommend the MKIII version and not the M200A.
Option 2: Buy an used amplifier, look around in OLX or if you are interested I can give you contact details of someone reliable who deals in used amplifiers in Kolkata. Then pair it with something like Dali Zensor 1 or even better used speakers. You will have to look and hunt a little, consult here about the used speakers you may find.

In the long run option 2 is more versatile, you can experiment with different amplifiers and speakers as your ears evolve.

The AV shops all are in the South, Behala, Ballygunge, Hindusthan Park, New Alipore and such. Search with Harmonie Audio, Watteffects, Auditro, SKS Traders, ProFx, you will get addresses and contact details.

Hey Shibashis- I used to live(grew up) in New Alipore for a long time. Interested to know if there are any hi-end audio stores in that locality. I am reaching Cal on 07/04 and might visit one or two stores in that locality if time permits. Let me know if you happen to know the store names.
Thanks.

Hey Shibashis- I used to live(grew up) in New Alipore for a long time. Interested to know if there are any hi-end audio stores in that locality. I am reaching Cal on 07/04 and might visit one or two stores in that locality if time permits. Let me know if you happen to know the store names.
Thanks.

Harmonie Audio near Hindusthan Sweets, 13, Shyama Charan Smiriti Tirtha Road.

Shibashis- I used to live very close to Hindusthan Sweets (Block-P) and know that place very well. Thanks for the info.

I have very recently visited Harmony Audio in New Alipur. They have a decent store having a moderate collection of speakers, electronics and room acoustics products. Definitely worth a visit.
Thanks

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back