DAC Dilemma :)

But Arcam irDAc is at 54K
Emotiva XDA 2 is at 26K.

:D

You do get what you pay for, but I feel your Genelecs will benefit a lot more from the Arcam. But then I'm not a huge fan of Emotiva so I am probably biased.

The Arcam is for sale on this forum for only a little bit more than the Emotiva (no affiliation with the seller).

You do get what you pay for, but I feel your Genelecs will benefit a lot more from the Arcam. But then I'm not a huge fan of Emotiva so I am probably biased.

The Arcam is for sale on this forum for only a little bit more than the Emotiva (no affiliation with the seller).

I checked that, that model of Arcam is the lower model, anyways let see :D

all depends upon the mood, m not in a hurry, right now m happy with chromecast audio.. i will buy the DAC after buying a 4K TV :D

then only i can use 2 TOSLINK inputs in a DAC .!

Hello Guys,

Now i have increased my budget.
I am thinking of buying Audiolab M-DAC which all cost me 69K.

Any feedback on this decision ? moving over to M-DAC from Arcam irDAC ?

I need to TOSLINK inputs, 1 for chromecast Audio and 1 for TV Audio OUT.

So Schiit products are out of scope :(.

Thanks in Advance.

^^^

This place is bad for the wallet, you have gone from what 30K to 70K in the span of a few days?

Enjoy the ride!

Hmm nice observation.

I just want to avoid up-gradation in near future(2/3 years may be).
So i am thinking to invest in the best product which is available in India in consumer segment obviously.(I can't touch Pro-Audio segment :( , for that i have to sell my kidney :D)

Hello Guys,

Now i have increased my budget.
I am thinking of buying Audiolab M-DAC which all cost me 69K.

Any feedback on this decision ? moving over to M-DAC from Arcam irDAC ?

I need to TOSLINK inputs, 1 for chromecast Audio and 1 for TV Audio OUT.

So Schiit products are out of scope :(.

Thanks in Advance.

I am still in favor of irDAC, the fm who bought my irDAC have also Cambridge Audio DAC Magic Plus, he compared them. His response is overwhelming positive and very happy in favor of Arcam irDAC, now want sell the DM Plus. You can pm him to know his opinion yourself.

On the other hand if you want Sabre based DAC then go for resonessence labs CONCERO HD.

Last edited:
I am still in favor of irDAC, the fm who bought my irDAC have also Cambridge Audio DAC Magic Plus, he compared them. His response is overwhelming positive and very happy in favor of Arcam irDAC, now want sell the DM Plus. You can pm him to know his opinion yourself.

On the other hand if you want Sabre based DAC then go for resonessence labs CONCERO HD.

There is no comparison between DM plus with irDAC.
One is at 29K & other is 54K.
One is with dual DAc which upscales all inputs.
DM plus has pathetic reviews all over. That's no where in picture.

I don't have apple products, so i will never use Arcam's Apple specific facilities.
It's only 15K difference, so i am considering M-Dac over irDAC.

There is no comparison between DM plus with irDAC.
One is at 29K & other is 54K.
One is with dual DAc which upscales all inputs.
DM plus has pathetic reviews all over. That's no where in picture.

I don't have apple products, so i will never use Arcam's Apple specific facilities.
It's only 15K difference, so i am considering M-Dac over irDAC.

New Arcam irDAC is available at around 40k if you look around. Moreover it have 2 coax, 2 toslink, 1 usb input apart the apple connectivity. I can provide you the link where you will get it cheap.........

Last edited:
New Arcam irDAC is available at around 40k if you look around. Moreover it have 2 coax, 2 toslink, 1 usb input apart the apple connectivity. I can provide you the link where you will get it cheap.........

Thanks a lot for your input.
But after a lot of research, i think M-Dac will be best compliment to my Geneles :)

Chord MOJO - this a DAC/Headphone amplifier - Can you drive your monitors using this - pl recheck.

Chord 2Qute is the (relatively) new DAC which you can consider. This might be the 'last DAC' one would purchase (hopefully :)), but you will need to further stretch your budget!

Chord MOJO - this a DAC/Headphone amplifier - Can you drive your monitors using this - pl recheck.

Chord 2Qute is the (relatively) new DAC which you can consider. This might be the 'last DAC' one would purchase (hopefully :)), but you will need to further stretch your budget!

yes i checked, ppl are using mostly mojo for stereo full system.

Confused? He has powered speakers, I thought they don't need amplification.

yes i checked, ppl are using mostly mojo for stereo full system.

Confused again? A headphone amplifier powering passive speakers?

Goes off to read the specs

Sorry to be rude but what are you guys talking about? DAC's driving monitors? Stereo full systems?

DAC's feed pre-amplifiers or amplifiers. Amplifiers drive speakers.

Sorry to be rude but what are you guys talking about? DAC's driving monitors? Stereo full systems?

DAC's feed pre-amplifiers or amplifiers. Amplifiers drive speakers.

Ok, there is a bit confusion here.
I am talking about Active Speakers. (Genelec makes only Active Speakers)

Chord Mojo is mainly a Headphone DAC+AMP, but people are using it as a Desktop DAC on a full stereo system, which i will do after 2 months.

Because the Chord dealer in India has said, they can procure it only after 2 months :(.

Now i have to manage with my poor $35 Chromecast Audio :D

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back