DIY Super Simple Preamp

I was asking this for O2, which requires about 15V AC power. If I get a 15VAC adaptor, inside it will just have a trafo right. no other circuit in the AC adaptor unlike in DC adaptor which requires rectifier, capacitors etc.

Ooff. I misunderstood. Yes an AC output wall wart has only transformer (optionally some protection fuse).

for small diy projects like this, odac, o2 etc, what is the most suitable material for a small time home made enclosure.

1. plastic
2. aluminium/hindolium etc
3. stainless steel (can this be drilled/filed easily?)
4. tin
5. wood

which is the best among the metals. if not using metal, then which one, do emi/rf etc impact performance. can some kind of shielding be used like aluminium foil glued to the plastic/wood surface.

After trying all combinations - I have tried SP Road, FM's creations, as well as some other combinations of wood etc..- The SP road variation is my first choice now. The +ve's are:- 1) various sizes, 2) Made of metal (parmetal I think) - this means good shielding and easy to drill 3) SOme come with pre-drilled holes of standard sizes. You can customize it with jazzy faceplates depending on your taste. These faceplates can be of wood, acrylic or aluminium. In fact if you want a all wood look you can enclose the whole box.

The possibilities are endless. Will put up some of my work, when I figure out how to upload from my camera,

Cheers,

PS. The shop is Pooja Electronics. The gentleman is very helpful and also provides miscellaneous hardware like nuts, bolts and standoff's...saves you the trouble of hunting for it seperately....

PS. The shop is Pooja Electronics. The gentleman is very helpful and also provides miscellaneous hardware like nuts, bolts and standoff's...saves you the trouble of hunting for it seperately....

+1, I too have good experience with him when I was Bangalore resident.

Vikas, I havent bought any enclosures but have seen a small one bought from SP Road by Philip of Lizzner to house a phonostage for a friend.It was both neat and cheap. I think apart from Pooja you may have to do a but of searching to find a suitable box.

can you an give approximate location of the shop.

As you start on SP road(the road with all the shops) it is in either the second or the third lane going off it on the right. And on the right side in the lane...

hth

This is my super simple preamp driving my class D amp through the LDR.

Supersimplepreamp.jpg

Our FM Mathew Syriac has made it yesterday night and is maha thrilled with the outcome.

Can't wait to audition it.

Hi capt,

Thank you, and surely let you know in a day or two. I hope we can AB compare my SSP Pre build which uses 2134 OPAMP.

N.Murali

Hi,
final list of participants for SSP:

1. Mbhangui
2. Keith Correa
3. Doors
4. Kroyin
5. iaudio
6. Jls001
7. apk
8. Josephjohnt
9. Bswamin

I will order PCBs and parts tonight.I will PM everyone for my bank account details for payment.I will need Rs 500 in advance,remaining payment can be done at the time of shipping.
Bswamin has made full payment.

Regards,
Sachin

Does anyone have the LSA / LDR kit to spare? Let me know and I will buy it

Hi Sachin,

Can I be a part of this please ?

Still not been able to get one channel of the phono to work maybe will check it out for any soldering glitches over the weekend.

Hi Sachin,

Can I be a part of this please ?

Still not been able to get one channel of the phono to work maybe will check it out for any soldering glitches over the weekend.

Yes you can.I thought you must have solved that issue.This could be a bad solder joint,or a dead opamps.Can you post close up pics of both sides of the board.

Regards,
Sachin

Final list for SSP

Mbhangui
Keith Correa
Doors
Kroyin
iaudio
Jls001
apk
Josephjohnt
Bswamin
Jith77
dillihifi

Regards,
Sachin

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back