Group order for Vinyl of best of AR Rehman

Prem Do you have any Extra Copy of the Vinyl or people who have backout i can pay for 2 copies. Arj Posted the other day but no one replied so far.. I am interested to buy.. If you know someone who has more copies please guide me to them..
Thanks

Received my copy yesterday...the packaging was very good and the recording of the songs are also very good...very satisfied...thanks to all who took this beautiful initiative and made it possible...

Regards,
Joy

Hi all,

I received my copy today, well packed & in very good condition. Thanks a ton for all those involved in this wonderful project. I'd join the team for all future projects without a blink :)

Some Tamil compilations please.......

BTW one of my friend is looking to purchase a copy of this Vinyl. If anyone has a spare please PM me. Preferably in Bangalore so that I could ask him to pay and pick up.

Once again thanks to all those involved......

thanks guys..

listened to the LP

The thakshak song sounds very nice....

congratulations to all the good folks who played a part and to Sony DADC as well.

regards

Yes I did, he suggested me to reach out to other FMs

EnvyRao
Mumbai
Linn M109 Aktiv, Linn M-I, Linn M4100, Linn-MLP12, Linn M-DS, Linn Silver IC, CHAKT74-75-76, QNAP212P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unfortunately my copies also sold off..on hindsight could have taken 5 more !

Shafic, srinivasan, celelstier etc have more than 5 and may have some spare..although i doubt it now.

I have got my copies, can't remember how many i had bought, anyways I'm not into AR rehman music, I had just bought the copies for support and to make up numbers. I'm out of bom for a few days, ill come back and open the pack I think I had bought two, whoever wants can take them off me for the same price.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

unfortunately my copies also sold off..on hindsight could have taken 5 more !

Shafic, srinivasan, celelstier etc have more than 5 and may have some spare..although i doubt it now.

I have purchased only 2 copies. Keeping one for backup.

Received my copy yesterday in good condition, very well packed.
Thanks to all who made this project successful, especially Sony DADC :)

Anil

I had ordered some other lps like Barfi, ADHM, etc. These 5 came with that lot. These did not come by courier. They were hand delivered by a company person. So I assume deliveries will start from Monday onwards
What's your views for ADHM etc. I heard some and felt menaxi, lakshya are very good.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

jmascreen, Barfi is very nice. ADHM is ok. But that's the way it's mastered. It's today's style of mastering with some compression and loudness into the mix. If you do not like that style of mastering skip it.

Kabhi Haan Kabhi Na is a typical 90s mastering which is slightly on the brighter side

Life in a Metro has again a bit of compression but that is expected because the album was more an ode to power ballads

As long as the mastering is such that the music flows and connects with me I am fine. To that extent all these new vinyls deliver

Last edited:
Every era has its own style of recording and mastering. Most of the times it's dictated by the format which is popular at that time. If i like the music of a newly released album, I am willing to embrace the present style of mastering.

Hiten, what is the purpose of this?
Just to evaluate so we can give feed back. I want this media to grow. Honestly Don't know if Music companies listen. Or for that matter if they have any say in vinyl cutting process. But I read in the past some vinyls were re pressed to Japanese audience. OBI Probably. Dont Remember I may be wrong.
Regards.

jmascreen, Barfi is very nice. ADHM is ok. But that's the way it's mastered. It's today's style of mastering with some compression and loudness into the mix. If you do not like that style of mastering skip it.

Kabhi Haan Kabhi Na is a typical 90s mastering which is slightly on the brighter side

Life in a Metro has again a bit of compression but that is expected because the album was more an ode to power ballads

As long as the mastering is such that the music flows and connects with me I am fine. To that extent all these new vinyls deliver

Thanks Prem, I was listen to Life in Metro when I posted the earlier message. Now I know why that one sound different..

Hiten I don't see how we can compare vinyl to a cd. Both the mediums have their inherent strengths. Cd playback will have better separation, better frequency extremes and better dynamics. But it normally struggles when it comes to musical flow and naturalness. Vinyl playback has exactly the opposite set of weakness and strengths.

So unless one uses a high end CD player and a high end modern turntable it would be difficult to arrive at any conclusion. Most of us have turntables made in the 70s including me. It's always going to struggle with modern recordings. It will struggle to handle the separation, especially that of a Rahman mastering. Having said that I find the new vinyls more musical than their CDs counterpart at least in my system. For me flow and tone is more critical than the ultimate separation and frequency extreme handling

So I guess you will own a cd or a vinyl of a modern album basis what floats your boat. And we will buy what sounds better on the equipment we own

Last edited:
Hiten I don't see how we can compare vinyl to a cd. Both the mediums have their inherent strengths. Cd playback will have better separation, better frequency extremes and better dynamics. But it normally struggles when it comes to musical flow and naturalness. Vinyl playback has exactly the opposite set of weakness and strengths.

So unless one uses a high end CD player and a high end modern turntable it would be difficult to arrive at any conclusion. Most of us have turntables made in the 70s including me. It's always going to struggle with modern recordings. It will struggle to handle the separation, especially that of a Rahman mastering. Having said that I find the new vinyls more musical than their CDs counterpart at least in my system. For me flow and tone is more critical than the ultimate separation and frequency extreme handling
Somewhat I agree with you. I posted in earlier post about minor improvements with jackets and all. A normal 3 CD Rahman Compilation sells for about 140 Rupees. Where as Vinyl album sells for 1500 If we can not give something unique it will not be good for future. For example Jack White's Lazaretto album had hologram and couple of unique features. like hidden track and stuff like that. It sells for about 20 dollars.
Jackwhite Lazaretto.
I understand for Indian companies with taxes and import duties and very low customer base things are little difficult. But I have a feeling if given unique product people will buy. Otherwise it will just be a fad. My personal opinion is for Rahman type of music 45 rpm wider groove vinyl will have good sound.
Regards.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back