Group order for Vinyl of best of AR Rehman

Received my LP yesterday ,excellent packing was worried looking at earliest posts.The LP was great enjoyed the music and quality.Thanks for all the team members who made it happen and Thanks to Sony.

I got my copy yesterday, very well packaged ; thanks @arj @prem for pulling off such a complicated task in a professional manner.

BTW, I don't have a TT and mostly listen to Cds /flacs , don't plan to buy a TT currently - bought a copy to contribute to such a great effort by the FMs and also as a mark of respect to my all time favorite musician. (any Hyderabad members can lend a spare TT ?).

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I got my set of LPs. Listened to the album. Nice 180 grams well made LP. Sounds absolutely fabulous. Since the original recording is Digital, you can sense the extra clarity and presence. Very high quality stuff. Highly recommended.

Thanks for the efforts of the guys, who put this idea into execution.

Cheers.

Why are some people still using email to update all about their receiving? Please can I opt out of the e-mail thread Arjun? Sorry to be a wet blanket, but some guys have no email etiquette and I don't want to open my email everyday with 10 threads saying we have received/complaining topics.

Please can I opt out of the reply all email? I'm seriously not interested in being part of the email further on.

Great job to all the guys who initiated this entire process for all of us. We are thankful to you all.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Why are some people still using email to update all about their receiving? Please can I opt out of the e-mail thread Arjun? Sorry to be a wet blanket, but some guys have no email etiquette and I don't want to open my email everyday with 10 threads saying we have received/complaining topics.

Please can I opt out of the reply all email? I'm seriously not interested in being part of the email further on.

Great job to all the guys who initiated this entire process for all of us. We are thankful to you all.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You can tell me that again !!
i myself am trying to do that..i now have a rule which moves it to junk:)

I got my share today:D
Thanks to all who are contributed this wonderful initiative? to become success, particularly srini,Prem,Arjun. Thanks for your efforts guys!!
Regards,
shafic

Thanks to all for participating in this venture, It's all happened with HFV members support and effort. :clapping:
:signthankspin:

In quick spin, found that the quality of Saathiya and Thakshak is different. Saathiya songs has depth, deep bass, clean highs, balanced. Thakshak are neutral in low frequencies, slightly bright, but good. Also noticed there is enough space left blank on Side B. Could be added one more song (Boondon Se Baatein or Jumblika from Thakshak)

Saregama has good ARR movies rights and this compilation good be more better. As the source is digital and they already have below movie songs in lossless format with them, it was not too difficult. Not including Jhootha Hi Sahi as it's already released on Vinyl.

One Two Ka Four
> Sona Nahin
> Khamoshiyan Gungunane Lagi

Sapnay
> Chanda Re
> Aawara Bhanvre
> Oo La La

Thakshak
> Khamosh Raat
> Rang De
> Boondon Se Baatein

Saathiya
> Saathiya (title)
> Chupke Se
> Chalka Re

Chor Chor
> Dil Hai Sanam Dil
> Pyar Kabhi Na Todenge
> Chandralekha

In quick spin, found that the quality of Saathiya and Thakshak is different. Saathiya songs has depth, deep bass, clean highs, balanced. Thakshak are neutral in low frequencies, slightly bright, but good. Also noticed there is enough space left blank on Side B. Could be added one more song.

I also felt the same. Also the cover is not up to mark and could be better. It is smaller in size about 5mm compare to International album covers and no spine to print any information. One of the reason we are buying physical media is for its album art and our expectations are also high when buying vinyl.

Overall the LP is not up to the bench mark but good only.

Last edited:
I got mine. So here is a review.

Disclaimer : This is subjective review with my tin ears and low end equipment.

Bias : I have bias towards Asha Bhosle and in listening reviews I am biased towards 51% measurements and 49% subjective listening :D
So kindly give my review merit as such. (in other words not too much :lol:)

Equipment : Technics SL-Q3 DD turntable, JVC Super A Amplifier (gives out class A output at low level) 3 way Indian handmade speakers with first order crossover. Cat5 speaker Cables.

Album Art and Jacket : I had earlier posted on this. Could have been more elegant but may be current buyers don't bother. Graphic elements are scattered no symmetry or balanced volume of graphical objects. Printing is OK quality. No registrations of four color which results in bleeding of colors in to one another. Which can be improved. A titled spine is expensive (but not much) to make but possible, The inner jacket is good but has slightly more width so when vinyl kept sideways (So as it doesn't fall out) it sticks out. The Song titles could have been printed on vinyl lables too. It helps.

Sathiya : I have listened to digital version. Vinyl has less instrumentation separation, In the middle of the passage there is panning between channels of some music which seemed abrupt. In digital it was smooth. Vocals are very upfront.
Aye Udi Udi : Adnan Sami voice sounded good same as in digital format. Lower end of music seemed mixed up.
Sathiya : No imaging, the beats had no punch like digital version. Vocals were good. in the middle of the song there is some electronics effects on vocals which in digital sounded excellent but same effects sounded little mild in vinyl format.
Chhalka : No imaging. Instruments had no separation.
Muze Rang de : Saving grace of album. Asha Bhosle :D this song I liked.
Khamosh : Who ever suggested this song I owe him a beer. Very nice song and good sounding too. But in later part didn't sounded good. May be bad inner null alignment of cartridge from my part.

The common feature of review is I needed to turn up the volume and little bass; which may suggest the dynamic range is compressed and imaging is missing. Vocals sounded very upfront comparatively may be original were equalized for vinyl format.

If anyone is looking for Rahman's music instrumentations, orchestrations and tunes he/she will be mildly disappointed. Having said that still one will not regret buying this album. Couple of songs have come up good. My friend has Thorens-Exposure-JBL Monitor system. When time permits I will listen again to confirm.

Internet forums are funny places. People judge by things posted. Which has chance to totally misinterpreting things. My intent is to point out things which can be improved at no extra cost. So pardon me if this post sounded too critical. It is not. This is my second digital vinyl listening. First was Rockstar at Prem's place. It sounded nice. So digital vinyl surely has future if pressed on good material, mastered by pros. Frankly vinyl mastering is a skill job. We send our music which is mastered by westerners. Though they are highly capable a communication of listening reviews with them by music companies will help in future.

Thanks to Sri, Prem and Arjun. You have been great guys. :)
Regards.

Last edited:
Also the cover is not up to mark and could be better. It is smaller in size about 5mm compare to International album covers and no spine to print any information. One of the reason we are buying physical media is for its album art and our expectations are also high when buying vinyl.

Agree, putting a large vinyl record on front cover doesn't make sense to me (Same thing did in Baazigar inner side cover, Shahrukh is standing on Vinyl) On the back cover, Fonts used for tracks/info looks childish. BUT it's just a good start and we (all) improve as time goes, isn't it?

I will post my ARR compilation cover soon. Started to work on it.

I do not hear any imaging problems or phase shifts anywhere. I find the quality superior to what I have heard on the cd.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back