Group order for Vinyl of best of AR Rehman

Hi
A request to all the forum members. All those who have received their copy/copies please do mention your Sr. No from the list, just to check whether they are being sent serially. I haven't received my copy yet and my sr. no is 118.

Prem (Sr. No 2)from Mumbai has received also Justin (Sr. No 5) from pune as well.

Eagerly waiting for the parcel.

Wow! Somehow, I've missed this thread as I've completely logged off from the forum for a while. Is it possible to participate in this group buy by now? I do understand that the google doc in the first post is closed and the shipping is going on. It might be too late by now... but I'm just giving it a try :)
Are there any other avenues to get a hand on this vinyl? Thanks in advance for your responses!
Looking for CDs too!
You can ask forum members who have bought multiple copies and buy from them if possible.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thane (Paper Pallette distributor) is just nearby my home town. Vinyls reached Pune but not here. Though I am not in a hurry Should I contact distributor ? Want to taste digital vinyl asap :D
Seriously speaking, I would like to listen to dynamic range of the song "O humdum" Pretty loud beat at the start. It will demonstrate skill of vinyl cutter/master.
Regards.

Thane (Paper Pallette distributor) is just nearby my home town. Vinyls reached Pune but not here. Though I am not in a hurry Should I contact distributor ? Want to taste digital vinyl asap :D
Seriously speaking, I would like to listen to dynamic range of the song "O humdum" Pretty loud beat at the start. It will demonstrate skill of vinyl cutter/master.
Regards.

I am keeping expectations on sound really low :)

I agree, I myself don't expect much from vinyl made from digital masters. Just trying it out of curiosity. Vinyl made from digital masters defeats the whole purpose IMHO.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

The course of true (analogue) :D love, never did run smooth.
-W. Shakespeare
Lets hope it sounds good. And current generation finds this media interesting and good music related to it in the past.
Regards.

Last edited:
Just received my copies!
The LP was dirty with dust and fibers. I had to dry clean it before use. Once cleaned it was remarkably quiet. The new releases of English and Jazz have a lot more static. The music itself is a bit digital sounding and a bit too sibilant, but these are digital recordings anyway. On careful listening, it is slightly better than the CD.
The Thakshak songs sound better to me than Saathiya.
I am looking forward what others have to say.
Have fun.

regards,
Sharad Medhavi

Last edited:
Yes Thakshak songs do sound a bit better. I found the Saathiya songs to sound much better than what it did on cd. As far as I remember the original Saathiya cd was no great shakes. So one cannot expect any miracles here.

Last edited:
Got my parcel today (I shall update what my serial number was tomorrow). Posting my experience from office as I couldn't wait until I reached home.

The packing (courier) was poor. For 5 records, they should have put in a carton box or something when sending outstation. It has left a circular impression on couple of LPs.

I opened one of the copies and it had a bit of dust and paper specs on it. Did a gentle brush and before playing it.

The Cover looks far better than the image uploaded. The fonts are not garish as I felt initially. I would have wanted the cover to be thicker. The poor packing and lack on thickness has bent the cover on either side of the package. Thankfully, the middle three records covers are in good shape. I was for a moment worried if the records were bent.

The label on the record - the biege rim complements the shiny black so very well. The look is very ornate.

Songs: Side A
Saathiya - Sounds nice but no awe factor. Sonu nigam's voice sounds wonderful but didn't find too much resolution on instrument separation.
Aye Udi Udi - Adnan's voice did not have that dense fat feel.Felt very thin
Chup ke - Saadhna Sargam's melody was very well highlighted. The separation between bass guitar and ghunghroo was very nice.
o Humdum Soniyo Re - Didn't like the electronic sound but got to know about the multiple layering in the song.

Side B
Chalka Chalka - Since the music has a lot of background activity, the separation of vocals and instruments from such live sounds was wonderful. This song was best attenuated by the Vinyl Format.

Rang De - My favourite on the record. Felt like a complete package.

Khamosh - Dark horse - Never expected this song to sound so rich.

Overall - Felt that Side B was better than Side A.

I was worried if the LP would be warped or too closed. But, they sounded extremely open and nice.

The mention "Specially manufactured for HFV forum members" gave a great satisfaction. Kudos to Srinivasan, ARJ, Prem and all those FMs who chipped in by buying at least one copy and many being generous to order multiple copies to make this project happen. I am very happy to have been part of this project.

My copy got delivered (by Blue Dart) today couple of hours ago.
So, I assume all will receive their respective ordered copies soon.

Thanks to all the members who were behind this project.:)

Received my Rehman 3 copies today by bluedart

1. Packing was perfect no damage to LPs and covers
2. Vinyl looks very shiny and heavy :)
3. Music and vocals sound brilliant to me much much better than CDs

Overall I am extremely satisfied and the LPs are worth every bit of penny :yahoo:

Thanks again to all those forum members who took on this pilot project and successfully completed :clapping:

Sanjay

Received my 10 copy of LPs today in good condition. Packing was good & secured in a carton box. No LPs were damaged.

Want to thank Arjun, Prem, Srinivas and all member's for making this happen.

The two guys who need to be thanked are Srinivasan for initiating this and Arjun for managing the entire logistics. My role was limited to finalising the songs and structuring the deal. It was Arjun who painstakingly maintained the google sheet and kept coordinating with Sony DADC to make sure all was in order.

Hi MJ23Bulls

I have spare copies. If you wish you can buy it off me. If interested send me a pm

Thank you for your nice gesture. I'll transfer the money by tomorrow morning.
_____
Just finished going through the entire thread. Wow! What an effort by Srinivasan, Arjun & Prem and the others who've ordered some extra copies to make this group buy a grand success! Thank you all!
---------
Disclaimer: I don't even own a TT. And, this is my first vinyl. My dad and his brother used own HMV "gramafone" records those days. With hundreds of vinyls at home, (they were managing/running a cinema theatre) as a toddler, I used to play with them. That's all I could recollect now. I've very vague memory of those days. Now, I realise the value of those vinyls. Most of my dad's collections were just 'borrowed & not returned' as per my sisters & brother. Now, we don't even have any traces of those vinyls at home.
Hope I could begin my vinyl journey now!

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back