Import Options

yakherder

Hi,
Total noob here. Want to set-up a half decent stereo system on budget (30-40k max) and need some leads. Got 2 basic options.

Option 1) Import a half-decent stereo amp from the US - 230 v version - looking at the NAD D 3020 and buying speakers domestically (have some old sony speakers from a hifi set that I can use temporarily). Are there any other 230 v options ?

Option 2) Importing the Elac B6's and buying a used stereo amp or new Norge 2060 here.

(Import in the sense that I'll get my bro to carry them back sans shipping and customs).

Leaning towards option 2 because I can get amps for cheaper here (used) and lesser chances of warranty issues or anything going wrong with speakers only.

Question in short - Importing stereo amp or speakers, which makes more sense ?

Would appreciate any inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Part I amp- concluded.

Dont know why my previous post wasnt accepted. But thanks efernand.
Btw got the NAD D 3020 which Im using with my 6 ohm old Sony Speakers. SQ has improved, bass boominess also reduced but for any more improvement will have to replace the speakers. Gonna use these a while till I decide.

Also very happy with the amp, powers the speakers up pretty loud, have not maxed it out but bout 70% fills 18*12 feet living room (which opens on one side into a dining area bout the same size). So my biggest worry regarding power was unfounded.

Pros : Aptx Bluetooth which my andoid supports, a usable remote, amp does not run hot (contrary to some reviews), inbuilt DAC which is good by my budget standards. Further, with my V-Moda Crossfade headphones the SQ is much more detailed, though still a tad bass heavy which is due to the headphones and not the amp.

All in all, a happy customer. Imported but has a 2 yr warranty so I can get it fixed there worst case since it doesnt weigh a ton.
Will maybe post a detailed review later.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back