Intex LCD TV

ontherocks

Was looking around for a Samsung Plasma. One of the stores that I visited was Easyday (a.k.a.Walmart, India). Among other TVs on display I found a Full HD 40 inches Intex LCD TV (Model: LCD 4001). It's not even an LED backlit TV. Full specs here
http://www.intextechnologies.com/webpages/lcd/lcd-40.pdf
To my surprise I found the detail in SD as well as HD (source for both was Tata Sky HD STB), comparable to the 40 inches and above Samsungs LCDs/LEDs at whatever viewing distance. Picture clarity, color, etc were also comparable. I am not sure if the Intex/Store guys set the best possible picture quality setting (but then why wouldn't other brands do that as well).
Anyways, this was just an FYI.
MRP is 43K and the sale price was 29999.

I think they do not have any experiences in making a TV. Though picture quality may be good but panel life and customer support are also important things to consider IMHO. Rather get a Panasonic P42X30D. Its a plasma and is available for 31.5k.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

These TVs are imported from china with local tagging. In any case, most of the electronics are now coming from China. But we may take risk by buying a toy or a DVD player from unknown brand, buying a TV @30K ia some money. If you know the retailer will and he is willing to honour the warranty, you may take the risk and buy it. Many other brands like Toshiba, videocon, akkai, hyundai etc are available around 30K if you look and bargain hard.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back