LG OLED BY 2018 panel died

jayad08

Hello Guys
I have a LG B7 OLED purchased in 2018.
Yesterday after flickering between blank screen and regular my panel just blanked out today. The applications work fine , sound is coming only that I cannot see anything on display.

I called service guy earlier today and he did couple of tests.
1. Pressed some buttons on a master remote he had, which he said should anyways show up something on the screen if it's working.
2. On request he opened the panel and connected a small chip and confirmed that panel is dead.

Now I don't know how OLED works, but I am not yet satisfied the way it was tested and declared dead.

Question
1. How to make sure that panel is indeed dead. Is there other tests possible which technician is not doing (maybe he wants to sell the replacement panel)
2. The replacement is being offered at 78k which seems a lot of money. Is it worth spending for replacement panel or should I just go for new OLED.
3. Before the screen went out, my colors on the OLED were getting inaccurate. If panel if replaced would the colors be accurate or the accuracy of the colors is the function of motherboard?
4. How do I make sure if the replacement panel is a new one and not used before
5. How do I test the color accuracy of the replacement panel?

Some pics I took while he hooked up the test device. He removed a wire from the motherboard and then hooked this device up. When the TV was powered up this device blinked a red indicator and then he checked the panel and said it's dead.

Please help.

Attachments

• IMG_20240826_004824.jpg
    IMG_20240826_004824.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20240825_170754.jpg
    IMG_20240825_170754.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 18
No replies yet, even after almost a month 😞
I once repaired my plasma TV successfully which samsung declared as dead panel. Oleds are lot more modern and may not be possible to do anything ourselves.
You may take a second opinion from any reputed 3rd party repairer in your location.
Not worth spending 78k on new panel though.
I am using a Xiaomi Oled vision tv which I bought for 60k from Amazon.
Totally happy and compared to Lg C1 which my BOL has, it looks brighter and more color accurate.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back