Marantz Cinema 50 + JBL Studio 600 Series - A good combination?

apoorvasheth

Hello All,

I am planning for Marantz Cinema 50. How reliable are its internal parts considering this expensive amp comes with just 1 year warranty in India? I live in a city where climate is Hot & warm air flows by during Summer.

I’ve heard Marantz undergo a very strict quality checks such that it doesn’t go faulty for years to come. It’s success ratio is 95%.

Also does it overheat under normal fan speed with no air conditioner in the living room?

Or shall I consider purchasing an Amp Cooler such as one from AC Infiniti?

https://amzn.in/d/076mlC3X

I have JBL 630 Bookshelf for Front Left & Right, JBL 625C for Center channel & JBL 660P Sub. Do you feel Marantz Cinema 50 will be a good choice or Denon AVC-X3800H - 9.4 Channel 8K AV Receiver?

The seating distance between my TV & Sofa is of 11 to 12 feet.

And I am planning to buy a ProfiGold brand 8K HDMI Cable for eArc to receive best quality audio from my Sony A80L over an HDMI connection to the amp. And a speaker cable for surround speakers. Kindly refer to the attached pictures to know more details about this Audio & HDMI cable.

For surrounds, I am considering Emotiva Airmotiv XA2 Height / Surround / Ceiling / Reflective Speakers (Pair) - https://emotiva.com/products/airmotiv-xa2-pair-height-surround-ceiling-speaker

…and for Front Heights - Emotiva Airmotiv A1 - Atmos Height Speaker to feel the Atmos effects though an audio dealer told me that to feel the complete Atmos effects, I need 9 to 11 speakers all over the room.

How good is SVS brand when it comes to Surrounds & Atmos vs Emotiva Speakers?

Regards,
Apoorva.

Attachments

• IMG_3602.jpeg
    IMG_3602.jpeg
    21 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3601.jpeg
    IMG_3601.jpeg
    24.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3600.jpeg
    IMG_3600.jpeg
    27.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3596.jpeg
    IMG_3596.jpeg
    57.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3593.jpeg
    IMG_3593.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3588.jpeg
    IMG_3588.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 1b105b0d-c520-4663-8cb3-8ed0bd66dd16.jpeg
    1b105b0d-c520-4663-8cb3-8ed0bd66dd16.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 42
Hi

Regarding reliability, internal parts would be similar for Marantz / Denon as they are the same parent company. I would consider them to be reliable unless you have frequent power supply fluctuations in your area. I am using a Denon x4700h without any issues so far.

These AVRs do run hot due to their internal amp sections. Particularly the heatsink area heat can be felt from the top. If not using AC then you may need the cooling fan depending on location of the AVR.

If you are able to demo the Cinema 50 & x3800H, please do that. You may prefer one sound signature over the other. I would pick the x3800H and save some money. Use that to get some room treatment like absorbers/diffusers, buy good quality speaker cables / concealed wiring costs / get a stabilizer if required. Room treatment makes a huge difference to the sound.

I have no experience with Emotiva speakers, however, for front & rear heights I am using Sonodyne 3540 for a combined Atmos/Auro 3D setup in 5.2.4 config. They will cost less and are value for money IMHO.

Assuming there is a wall behind your sofa in the pic, 5.1.4 setup is good enough for the space.

Hi

Regarding reliability, internal parts would be similar for Marantz / Denon as they are the same parent company. I would consider them to be reliable unless you have frequent power supply fluctuations in your area. I am using a Denon x4700h without any issues so far.

These AVRs do run hot due to their internal amp sections. Particularly the heatsink area heat can be felt from the top. If not using AC then you may need the cooling fan depending on location of the AVR.

If you are able to demo the Cinema 50 & x3800H, please do that. You may prefer one sound signature over the other. I would pick the x3800H and save some money. Use that to get some room treatment like absorbers/diffusers, buy good quality speaker cables / concealed wiring costs / get a stabilizer if required. Room treatment makes a huge difference to the sound.

I have no experience with Emotiva speakers, however, for front & rear heights I am using Sonodyne 3540 for a combined Atmos/Auro 3D setup in 5.2.4 config. They will cost less and are value for money IMHO.

Assuming there is a wall behind your sofa in the pic, 5.1.4 setup is good enough for the space.

Thank you so much for such a detailed response. My heart goes out towards Marantz b'coz of its looks. Denon AVC-X3800H looks the same as my Yamaha RX-V685 amp. Also, Cinema 50 gives a good feeling looking at its name, have heard that if one loves Music, then Cinema 50 is to be looked upon, + as it is termed "Cinema," it is good for movies as well. Amp is just a 1-time purchase, so I want to go with the best.

My only worrying factor is that risking so much money on an Amp - whether Denon or Marantz, "with just a 1-year warranty on it" is not giving me a good feeling. What if after a year, 2 years or 3, any of them goes faulty & cost of repair estimate becomes 1 to 1.50 lakhs, it will be a big loss to me. Though when I discussed this with the dealer, he mentioned: "These are reputed brands and established with good feedback and fewer maintenance issues. The Track record is high on Marantz as they follow very strict quality control. Marantz has a long reputation for zero maintenance and a premium global MNC brand. I have dealt with Marantz for the past 10 years. So, don't think of Warranty, think of Audio quality".

While all of his inspiring words reinforce my confidence in Marantz but the "if" word is always in my mind.

I had bought Yamaha RX-V685 Amp for 50k in September 2018. In July 2021, it went fault (almost 3 years). I paid 12k to fix it. Since the price was low, the cost of its repair was affordable. But with Denon & Marantz these model numbers, the price is above 2 lakhs so the cost of repair too might go very high. Just like an iPhone.

So, I don't know what to choose.

With Arcam AVRs, Harman Luxury offers a 5-year warranty, but their service is not impressive, & so are their sealed packed product received. It gives a feeling of as if it were used before.

Anyway'z, many thanks for your input.

And Yes, I'll buy the cooler, very important for escaping heat from the Amp. I thought of using a Stabilizer from a brand like V-Guard to give this & cooling fan as double protection to my expensive Amp (feels as if I am buying an Apple Care+ plan...Hehehee...(-:) but let's see.

Just also want to confirm - when does such A/V receivers go faulty. When it is ON, I am listening to music & all of a sudden, there happens to be a power failure, at this point or, when the Power restores - at this point? It's quite an important question.

I don't know how much more I need to spend to safeguard such expensive Amps - whichever I choose.

How about the HDMI & Audio cables that I shared above? Are they really good ones?

I use a Sony A80L OLED, so is it possible that the picture quality can go to my Marantz or Denon, upscale it at its best, & send the signals back to the TV?

My SONY TV has eArc on its HDMI 3 port, but my present Yamaha RX-V685 AMP doesn't (as it has ARC port), does it make a difference in Sound quality b'coz I did watch a few movies via the SONY Bravia Core App, movies which are recorded in Dolby Atmos & DTS audio contents but, there is absolutely no pleasure from my newly purchased JBL 630 Bookshelf, JBL 625C Centre Channel. Though JBL 660P Sub is commendable. Gives a very good punchy & more importantly, sweet sound.

I feel the following is what I am missing:

1) A very good latest Sub that has an e-Arc port.

2) A 4K or 8K HDMI 2.1 cable to transmit data at 48 GBPS.

3) Surround speakers.

4) Dolby Atmos speakers to be placed at Front Heights, though I am not sure whether this will offer me complete Atmos experience or, I mandatorily need "In-ceiling" speakers, 9 speakers in total & my seating position away from the wall in the centre.

5) Room Sound Acoustics treatment, but this isn't possible as this is Living room. Had the same been in my bedroom, then I could make changes as I wanted.

Regards,
Apoorva.

Attachments

• Jumanji - Bravia Core.jpg
    Jumanji - Bravia Core.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 36
Hello All,

I am planning for Marantz Cinema 50. How reliable are its internal parts considering this expensive amp comes with just 1 year warranty in India? I live in a city where climate is Hot & warm air flows by during Summer.

I’ve heard Marantz undergo a very strict quality checks such that it doesn’t go faulty for years to come. It’s success ratio is 95%.

Also does it overheat under normal fan speed with no air conditioner in the living room?

Or shall I consider purchasing an Amp Cooler such as one from AC Infiniti?

https://amzn.in/d/076mlC3X

I have JBL 630 Bookshelf for Front Left & Right, JBL 625C for Center channel & JBL 660P Sub. Do you feel Marantz Cinema 50 will be a good choice or Denon AVC-X3800H - 9.4 Channel 8K AV Receiver?

The seating distance between my TV & Sofa is of 11 to 12 feet.

And I am planning to buy a ProfiGold brand 8K HDMI Cable for eArc to receive best quality audio from my Sony A80L over an HDMI connection to the amp. And a speaker cable for surround speakers. Kindly refer to the attached pictures to know more details about this Audio & HDMI cable.

For surrounds, I am considering Emotiva Airmotiv XA2 Height / Surround / Ceiling / Reflective Speakers (Pair) - https://emotiva.com/products/airmotiv-xa2-pair-height-surround-ceiling-speaker

…and for Front Heights - Emotiva Airmotiv A1 - Atmos Height Speaker to feel the Atmos effects though an audio dealer told me that to feel the complete Atmos effects, I need 9 to 11 speakers all over the room.

How good is SVS brand when it comes to Surrounds & Atmos vs Emotiva Speakers?

Regards,
Apoorva.
with proper room calibration, you get similar sound quality with 3800h and save some money for better or dual subs

Thank you so much for such a detailed response. My heart goes out towards Marantz b'coz of its looks. Denon AVC-X3800H looks the same as my Yamaha RX-V685 amp. Also, Cinema 50 gives a good feeling looking at its name, have heard that if one loves Music, then Cinema 50 is to be looked upon, + as it is termed "Cinema," it is good for movies as well. Amp is just a 1-time purchase, so I want to go with the best.

My only worrying factor is that risking so much money on an Amp - whether Denon or Marantz, "with just a 1-year warranty on it" is not giving me a good feeling. What if after a year, 2 years or 3, any of them goes faulty & cost of repair estimate becomes 1 to 1.50 lakhs, it will be a big loss to me. Though when I discussed this with the dealer, he mentioned: "These are reputed brands and established with good feedback and fewer maintenance issues. The Track record is high on Marantz as they follow very strict quality control. Marantz has a long reputation for zero maintenance and a premium global MNC brand. I have dealt with Marantz for the past 10 years. So, don't think of Warranty, think of Audio quality".

While all of his inspiring words reinforce my confidence in Marantz but the "if" word is always in my mind.

I had bought Yamaha RX-V685 Amp for 50k in September 2018. In July 2021, it went fault (almost 3 years). I paid 12k to fix it. Since the price was low, the cost of its repair was affordable. But with Denon & Marantz these model numbers, the price is above 2 lakhs so the cost of repair too might go very high. Just like an iPhone.

With Arcam AVRs, Harman Luxury offers a 5-year warranty, but their service is not impressive, & so are their sealed packed product received. It gives a feeling of as if it were used before.

And Yes, I'll buy the cooler, very important for escaping heat from the Amp. I thought of using a Stabilizer from a brand like V-Guard to give this & cooling fan as double protection to my expensive Amp (feels as if I am buying an Apple Care+ plan...Hehehee...(-:) but let's see.

Just also want to confirm - when does such A/V receivers go faulty. When it is ON, I am listening to music & all of a sudden, there happens to be a power failure, at this point or, when the Power restores - at this point? It's quite an important question.

I don't know how much more I need to spend to safeguard such expensive Amps - whichever I choose.

How about the HDMI & Audio cables that I shared above? Are they really good ones?

I use a Sony A80L OLED, so is it possible that the picture quality can go to my Marantz or Denon, upscale it at its best, & send the signals back to the TV?

My SONY TV has eArc on its HDMI 3 port, but my present Yamaha RX-V685 AMP doesn't (as it has ARC port), does it make a difference in Sound quality b'coz I did watch a few movies via the SONY Bravia Core App, movies which are recorded in Dolby Atmos & DTS audio contents but, there is absolutely no pleasure from my newly purchased JBL 630 Bookshelf, JBL 625C Centre Channel. Though JBL 660P Sub is commendable. Gives a very good punchy & more importantly, sweet sound.

3) Surround speakers.

4) Dolby Atmos speakers to be placed at Front Heights, though I am not sure whether this will offer me complete Atmos experience or, I mandatorily need "In-ceiling" speakers, 9 speakers in total & my seating position away from the wall in the centre.

5) Room Sound Acoustics treatment, but this isn't possible as this is Living room. Had the same been in my bedroom, then I could make changes as I wanted.

Regards,
Apoorva.
I too bought marantz 50 fot it looks. Imprrssed not only with looks but also its performance and build quality. Using for movies and mudic with klipsch soeakers and ascendo sub. Previously i have used marantz 5015 . Mo issues with it also.
You can go a head with marantz 50. And it is 110watts.9.4 extebdable up to 11 channels . Ectr 2channels by connecting 2channel power amp

I too bought marantz 50 fot it looks. Imprrssed not only with looks but also its performance and build quality. Using for movies and mudic with klipsch soeakers and ascendo sub. Previously i have used marantz 5015 . Mo issues with it also.
You can go a head with marantz 50. And it is 110watts.9.4 extebdable up to 11 channels . Ectr 2channels by connecting 2channel power amp

Thanks for your response.

When did you bought it? For how long in a day do you use it at a stretch? Does it overheat a lot? Did you hire an expert's service for room calibration or used the Audyssey Multeq® xt32 or did it by yourself?

Have you done any sort of room sound treatment or just curtains & sofas & to the least - a floor carpet?

If you live in an international country, Marantz offer 5 years warranty on it, I guess. But then I wonder why not for India?

What is that one primary difference which should push me towards Marantz Cinema 50 & not Denon AVC-X3800H - 9.4 Channel 8K AV Receiver?

For Power protection, are you using anything?

Regards,
Apoorva.

Thanks for your response.

When did you bought it? For how long in a day do you use it at a stretch? Does it overheat a lot? Did you hire an expert's service for room calibration or used the Audyssey Multeq® xt32 or did it by yourself?

Have you done any sort of room sound treatment or just curtains & sofas & to the least - a floor carpet?

If you live in an international country, Marantz offer 5 years warranty on it, I guess. But then I wonder why not for India?

What is that one primary difference which should push me towards Marantz Cinema 50 & not Denon AVC-X3800H - 9.4 Channel 8K AV Receiver?

For Power protection, are you using anything?

Regards,
Apoorva.
I bought it in Feb. Calibration done by myself and sounds good. Initially did with in built audissy in avr. Later bought audissy mobile app. Mine is in
Living room. Carpet and sofas. Carpet makes good difference. I like marantz sound. Iam using servo stabilizer for protection.
Regarding warrenty we indians always treated as decond grade people in warenty of electronics and safety measures in cars🤣

I bought it in Feb. Calibration done by myself and sounds good. Initially did with in built audissy in avr. Later bought audissy mobile app. Mine is in
Living room. Carpet and sofas. Carpet makes good difference. I like Marantz sound. Iam using servo stabilizer for protection.
Regarding warranty we Indians always treated as decond grade people in warranty of electronics and safety measures in cars🤣

Thanks for your response. Yes, but we pay way higher price than what buyers in other countries pay for the same.

So, I have to consider a good stabilizer as well. What's the warranty on Servo. Never knew carpet can make that much of a difference to sound quality. Is it a very big or mid-sized carpet?

And Feb means it's just a recent purchase. I think Cinema 50 came out in 2023. The person who will come to do the calibration is charging 35k. It's a super high amount but the audio dealer said he will spend the entire day to do the perfect calibration, speaker installation & setup.

The Taxes are just too too high. That's what makes electronics super expensive in India.

Regards,
Apoorva.

3) Surround speakers.

Regards,
Apoorva.
The dealer maybe pushing you towards the Marantz due to better margins in terms of cost. Ultimately with room correction and so many other factors like source etc, the sound quality won't be very different. 9.4 upto 11 channels with pre outs possible on X3800H also.

You need to decide if the name and looks are of that much value to you.

It's good to have a stabilizer (static or servo). I'm using a static one and since then haven't had any issues of failures in my system.

AVRs can go faulty anytime. I'm no electronics expert so cannot comment on when they go bad but surge in the supply line is never good for any electronic item. The inbuilt power supplies do have some tolerance built in.

Regarding HDMI cable unless you are doing 4k/120hz your cable is fine. You maybe missing out on the impact you are looking for from your speakers because of the source material or the AVR processing it.

Subwoofers usually don't have an E-Arc port. Sub will be connected to your AVR sub out.

For Dolby Atmos ideally you should have in ceiling speakers top/middle/rear angled at Dolby specs available on their website. Also for Atmos 4 speakers or more will give the best panning effect. HOWEVER, if you want both Atmos and Auto 3D then front and rear heights are a good compromise. I find myself upmixing to Auro 3D very often.

Il again ask you to decide if it's worth paying the extra amount for the Marantz, because like others pointed out, that money can go for another sub in the future or you can get Dirac live license. And I have to mention again, room treatment makes a huge difference along with subwoofer placement.

Thanks for your response. Yes, but we pay way higher price than what buyers in other countries pay for the same.

So, I have to consider a good stabilizer as well. What's the warranty on Servo. Never knew carpet can make that much of a difference to sound quality. Is it a very big or mid-sized carpet?

And Feb means it's just a recent purchase. I think Cinema 50 came out in 2023. The person who will come to do the calibration is charging 35k. It's a super high amount but the audio dealer said he will spend the entire day to do the perfect calibration, speaker installation & setup.

The Taxes are just too too high. That's what makes electronics super expensive in India.

Regards,
Apoorva.
My carpet is 6*8 size. You can bargain with dealer as 35k is huge amount for wiring, installation and calibration. It includes cost of speaker wires also? Wiring can be done with electrician also. Buy a 14 guage of 16 guage wire which suitable to your room. Electrician can do wiring.
Which location it is as 35k is huge amount. My self took help of a person anc he did wiring. Based on some dolby diagrams placed the speakers. Audissy calibration we can do.
Or else you csn negotiate with dealer
Ask him how the technician do calibration usinv rew anc audissy multixt.

The dealer maybe pushing you towards the Marantz due to better margins in terms of cost. Ultimately with room correction and so many other factors like source etc, the sound quality won't be very different. 9.4 upto 11 channels with pre outs possible on X3800H also.

You need to decide if the name and looks are of that much value to you.

It's good to have a stabilizer (static or servo). I'm using a static one and since then haven't had any issues of failures in my system.

AVRs can go faulty anytime. I'm no electronics expert so cannot comment on when they go bad but surge in the supply line is never good for any electronic item. The inbuilt power supplies do have some tolerance built in.

Regarding HDMI cable unless you are doing 4k/120hz your cable is fine. You maybe missing out on the impact you are looking for from your speakers because of the source material or the AVR processing it.

Subwoofers usually don't have an E-Arc port. Sub will be connected to your AVR sub out.

For Dolby Atmos ideally you should have in ceiling speakers top/middle/rear angled at Dolby specs available on their website. Also for Atmos 4 speakers or more will give the best panning effect. HOWEVER, if you want both Atmos and Auto 3D then front and rear heights are a good compromise. I find myself upmixing to Auro 3D very often.

Il again ask you to decide if it's worth paying the extra amount for the Marantz, because like others pointed out, that money can go for another sub in the future or you can get Dirac live license. And I have to mention again, room treatment makes a huge difference along with subwoofer placement.

Thanks for your response. The dealer hasn't pushed me towards Marantz, but he mentioned its best b'coz of its reliability, hardly one or two complaints out of 100 & so on. In fact, when I felt my overall purchase value was going above my budget, especially since the tax amount on the AVR to be spent is way high, he then suggested the Denon AVC-X3800H - 9.4 Channel 8K AV receiver but looks do matter in a living room...(-:.

I don't know, frankly speaking what to go ahead with? I am upset with the amount of tax - nearly 50k to be paid to fulfil my best home theatre sounding best wish. It's difficult to buy anything here with the level of tax applied. We somehow manage to gather enough money in 3 to 4 years to afford a quality setup, but a good chunk of it goes into tax only.

Anyway'z, I will definitely purchase a good stabilizer. Can you kindly suggest the best? Also have you felt a bit of a difference in either Sound quality or Power Output - with or without the stabilizer?

Regards,
Apoorva.

My carpet is 6*8 size. You can bargain with dealer as 35k is huge amount for wiring, installation and calibration. It includes cost of speaker wires also? Wiring can be done with electrician also. Buy a 14 guage of 16 guage wire which suitable to your room. Electrician can do wiring.
Which location it is as 35k is huge amount. My self took help of a person anc he did wiring. Based on some dolby diagrams placed the speakers. Audissy calibration we can do.
Or else you csn negotiate with dealer
Ask him how the technician do calibration usinv rew anc audissy multixt.

No, 35k just for speaker setup & installation charges. Wiring charges to be paid extra & to be done by my electrician.

The calibration guy will come from another city.

To the least, I can make use of the supplied Audyssey Multeq® xt32 using the cardboard tripod but this will not get me the accurate & quality results which the calibration expert with his years of experience can get. After all, if not well calibrated then, everything goes down the drain. I need to find out more about what his calibration expert will do exactly?

Regards,
Apoorva.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    10.8 KB · Views: 24
No, 35k just for speaker setup & installation charges. Wiring charges to be paid extra & to be done by my electrician.

The calibration guy will come from another city.

To the least, I can make use of the supplied Audyssey Multeq® xt32 using the cardboard tripod but this will not get me the accurate & quality results which the calibration expert with his years of experience can get. After all, if not well calibrated then, everything goes down the drain. I need to find out more about what his calibration expert will do exactly?

Regards,
Apoorva.
Try using a camera tripod instead of the paper tripod. The Audyssey mic should not be placed more than 2 feet away for each subsequent seat measurement.
The mic should be atleast 6 inches or more away from the wall behind it so as to avoid catching any reflections.
Any fan, AC, fridge or anything emitting sound in the room should be switched off since the mic catches faint sounds too. Best time to calibrate is at late night. Just follow the audyssey instructions displayed on the TV screen.
If you are not happy and if something goes wrong then you can either repeat the last step again or abort the entire process & start all over again. After calibrating, you may still need to fine tune your crossover, speaker and subwoofer levels as per your room and tastes. The phone app is better than the one inbuilt in the receiver as it gives you a few more features/controls.
All the best. The fun is in trying out yourself even if you go wrong which is fine. In the subsequent attempts it may get better.
You can check your doubts at the Audyssey faq site or directly address them your questions.

How about Cinema 60 High-performance 7.2 channel AV receiver with 100 watts per channel or the AVR-X2800H 7.2 Ch. 150W 8K AV Receiver?

All I want to know is which type of listener should consider Marantz & which for Denon?

I feel since my living room isn't that quite big like a Bungalow so, there is no point in spending a big amount for 9.4 Channel receiver which will create lots of noise in the living room if all 9 speakers placed.

7.2 is more than enough for any listener's living room, isn't it?

Only for those who live a big sized bungalow, they can prefer either 9.2ch or above such as 11.4ch A/V receiver, am I correct on this?

Also, the dealer said that a high-quality HDMI cable is definitely needed for passing across 48 Gigabits data to experience an enhanced quality audio as well via eArc.

Regards,
Apoorva.

Attachments

• Denon AVR-X2800H.PNG
    Denon AVR-X2800H.PNG
    154.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Marantz Cinema 60.PNG
    Marantz Cinema 60.PNG
    269.4 KB · Views: 14
How about Cinema 60 High-performance 7.2 channel AV receiver with 100 watts per channel or the AVR-X2800H 7.2 Ch. 150W 8K AV Receiver?

All I want to know is which type of listener should consider Marantz & which for Denon?

I feel since my living room isn't that quite big like a Bungalow so, there is no point in spending a big amount for 9.4 Channel receiver which will create lots of noise in the living room if all 9 speakers placed.

Only for those who live a big sized bungalow, they can prefer either 9.2ch or above such as 11.4ch A/V receiver, am I correct on this?

Also, the dealer said that a high-quality HDMI cable is definitely needed for passing across 48 Gigabits data to experience an enhanced quality audio as well via eArc.

Regards,
Apoorva.
With 9.4 avr also you can use with 7.1. Will get more power in avr. If any time you can go for 9.1.
Mine is in living room only. I too thought like yoy and went for maranz sr5015 a 7.2 avr same as cinema 60. With in 2 yrs went for 9.4 one extendable up to 11.4.if you buy maranz 50 or any 9.4 avr in near future also yiu no need to think for avr upgrade. Now use 9.4 avr with 7.1 later any time you want you canadd any 2
speakers. I too used maramz 50 with 7.1. Last month added another 2 speakers to make it 9.1.
Any way its your budget and call.

And I think Diraclive and Audissy xt32 not available with cinema 60. Check once. Dirac iam sure not available for marantz 60. Audissy 32 i havd doubt available or not.

Regards,
Apoorva.
IMHO if you want Atmos, get the AVR capable of atleast 4 atmos channels. If not then X2800H is good enough.

Get any 48 gbps HDMI cable, no need to get one from the dealer. No need to splurge too much on it.

Please visit multiple dealers and speak to some online dealers too for best price. Once you get a good price you can bargain with the local dealers.

Actually apart from 5.1.2 atmos setup 7.1 s awsome surround sound. Mine is 7.1.2 as preset1 and 5.1.4 oreset 2. 7.1.2 is good

I am quite confused between Marantz Cinema 50/60 & Denon AVC-X3800H - 9.4 Channel 8K AV Receiver or AVR-X2800H 7.2 Ch. 150W 8K AV Receiver.

Budget is always thing for everyone so if I save some money by making the wise & right choice, I can utilize the same in buying a pair of extra speakers.

Marantz Cinema looks so good compared to Denon X3800H & X2800H - same as my present Yamaha RX-V685 so unable to make any choice but not as good as the Arcams.

Don't know why Marantz is so pricey when its own competing product (since both are from Sound United) Denon X3800H & X2800H offer excellent sound quality & features as I've heard of.

I have a taste for both Music & Movies. But, I want sound to be sweetest & not sharp at all like Klipsch or create fatigue after listening from 30mins to an hour.

I want to feel detailed sound clarity for all Hindi movies & songs right from the 60s to present.

I want to feel the fear within in a horror movie & involved in an action scene.

I was also thinking that I shall move these pair of JBL 630 Bookshelf to surround & buy a premium for the fronts while the Front Heights will be Emotiva. Very confused now.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back