Marantz Cinema 50 + JBL Studio 600 Series - A good combination?

Which is the best - Marantz Cinema 50 Premium 9.4 channel 110-watt-per-channel amplification, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, IMAX Enhanced and Auro 3D, 8K Ultra HD, and HEOS® Built-in or Denon AVR-X3800H 9.4 Ch. 105W 8K AV Receiver with HEOS® Built-in.

Who should consider Marantz & who Denon?

What is Auro-3D? All I know about this is that I need 2 Front Heights, 2 Surround Heights apart from 5.1 setup & it's not the same as Dolby Atmos (3d Sound). Though haven't seen any content recorded in Auro-3D on major OTTs such as - Amazon Prime, Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar, Sony Bariva Core App, etc... + Auro-3D can be purely experienced via a Blu-Ray Disc, is it correct? B'coz Denon x2800H doesn't support Auro-3D.

I admit the hunt can be overwhelming, but, you're overthinking, man.

People say Marantz is musical than Denon. Some say nothing beats Denon when it comes to "movie" sound. Then you have bright speakers and warm sounding AVRs. If you bring Hi-Fi enthusiasts into this discussion, they will scoff at us and tell you to make peace with an integrated amp with HT bypass and a pair of good speakers, if you are lucky to find one who's content enough ( I am not responsible if you lose your sleep over amps with HT bypass ).

YOU are the one to decide. We can only share our opinion. If you have a collection of Blu-ray discs, and plans to have a library of them, (you should if you can) only then all this make sense.

For OTT consumption, any decent AVR with 7.x will do. Hope I have confused you enough for today.

I repeat. . .plonk your money on speakers and room treatment.​

This is how the electrical wires look from inside. Are these 1.5MM or 2.5MM?
cant figure out this way ..you will have to see if its printed on the part of the wire which is available for you to see . Either at the socket level or Junction box . Other wise get a good electrician and check with him . if this is a dedicated circuit , then check the rating of MCB in the Junction box for this circuit . If your electrician has not changed MCB in the Junction box i.e Builder has put C10 then obviously wiring is not meant for 16 amps .

I admit the hunt can be overwhelming, but, you're overthinking, man.

People say Marantz is musical than Denon. Some say nothing beats Denon when it comes to "movie" sound. Then you have bright speakers and warm sounding AVRs. If you bring Hi-Fi enthusiasts into this discussion, they will scoff at us and tell you to make peace with an integrated amp with HT bypass and a pair of good speakers, if you are lucky to find one who's content enough ( I am not responsible if you lose your sleep over amps with HT bypass ).

YOU are the one to decide. We can only share our opinion. If you have a collection of Blu-ray discs, and plans to have a library of them, (you should if you can) only then all this make sense.

For OTT consumption, any decent AVR with 7.x will do. Hope I have confused you enough for today.

I repeat. . .plonk your money on speakers and room treatment.​

Money is very hard earned, so all checks & search need to be done. Unfortunately, the return system doesn't work in India like in other countries such as 7 days, 30 days or 60 days return policy. So, I want to ensure my hard-earned money gets me the right product. I wonder what these companies in the international market do with the products returned by their customers within their such return policy b'coz now its no longer a sealed packed untouched brand new but, a tried & used product?

Anyway'z, so my bright speaker which is JBL 630 & 625C would not match up well with the Denon x3800H or Marantz Cinema 50, one of which I'll am most probably planning to shortlist.

How about the Integra DRX 3.4 9.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver which comes with 18 months warranty & in the price range of Denon x3800H? And what about Anthem?

Regards,
Apoorva.

cant figure out this way ..you will have to see if its printed on the part of the wire which is available for you to see . Either at the socket level or Junction box . Other wise get a good electrician and check with him . if this is a dedicated circuit , then check the rating of MCB in the Junction box for this circuit . If your electrician has not changed MCB in the Junction box i.e Builder has put C10 then obviously wiring is not meant for 16 amps .

Ok, I checked with the electrician who came in today, he said this is 1.5MM thickness electrical wire, its printed on it. Its a copper wire.

He also checked for current leakage & there are none. Earthing is also proper in all sockets. Though, he suggested me to use a Stabilizer for extra safety.

Regards,
Apoorva.

Money is very hard earned, so all checks & search need to be done. Unfortunately, the return system doesn't work in India like in other countries such as 7 days, 30 days or 60 days return policy. So, I want to ensure my hard-earned money gets me the right product. I wonder what these companies in the international market do with the products returned by their customers within their such return policy b'coz now its no longer a sealed packed untouched brand new but, a tried & used product?

Anyway'z, so my bright speaker which is JBL 630 & 625C would not match up well with the Denon x3800H or Marantz Cinema 50, one of which I'll am most probably planning to shortlist.

How about the Integra DRX 3.4 9.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver which comes with 18 months warranty & in the price range of Denon x3800H? And what about Anthem?

Regards,
Apoorva.
Both Anthem and Integra are top notch options and considered a step above Denon and Marantz. The Anthem will be more expensive - I think their 9 channel stuff starts at over 4L. Integra has Dirac and Anthem has ARC genesis for calibration both of which are excellent - and will also really help in sorting out room issues and even taming speaker brightness if any

Both Anthem and Integra are top notch options and considered a step above Denon and Marantz. The Anthem will be more expensive - I think their 9 channel stuff starts at over 4L. Integra has Dirac and Anthem has ARC genesis for calibration both of which are excellent - and will also really help in sorting out room issues and even taming speaker brightness if any

Thanks for your response.

But if Integra is considered a step above then how Marantz Cinema 50 is way more expensive then Integra DRX 3.4? What is so special in Marantz Cinema 50 which Integra DRX 3.4 9.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver doesn't?

Regards,
Apoorva.

Thanks for your response.

But if Integra is considered a step above then how Marantz Cinema 50 is way more expensive then Integra DRX 3.4? What is so special in Marantz Cinema 50 which Integra DRX 3.4 9.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver doesn't?

Regards,
Apoorva.
The DRX 3.4 compares with the Marantz Cinema 60, not 50.
The Cinema 60 has 7 channels, 3.4 has 9.
3.4 has Dirac, Cinema 60 does not.
3.4 is THX certified, Cinema 60 is not
3.4 has 2 zone video, Cinema 60 does not etc

DRX 5.4 compares with Marantz Cinema 50. Both are 9 channels amplified, 11 processing. 5.4 has much more power, again has Dirac, THX certified etc

Hello All,

Its being said the while Denon is best for Movies, Marantz is best for Music.

I am planning between Marantz Cinema 50, Cinema 60 or Denon x2800H or x3800H.

I am going to watch all Hindi movies right from 60's till now (on all major OTT platforms) & watch all Hindi songs from 60's till now.

I will also watch lots of English Movies as well (on the internal Bravia Core App that has come pre-installed on the SONY A80L OLED).

So, I want to ensure that the Audio/Video receiver I pick-up, it should offer me the best of these via my JBL 630 Bookshelves & 625c Center Channel.

If I select Marantz Cinema 60, what am I missing out from 50 & vice versa? Same for Denon x2800H & 3800H as well.

What is Jitter reduction not found in Cinema 60?

Also, while Cinema 50 supports 9.2ch compared to Cinema 60 that supports 7.2ch, I don't think I need Cinema 50 unless my room size is very big to accommodate all the speakers as sound will travel so quickly within a blink of an eye such that, I won't be able to even sense the experience & difference when sound travels between all the speakers in my living room. Again, 9.2 speakers in a living room will not create an experience but just boom boom sound, ideally for which it isn't been setup to feel the Dolby Atmos complete effect.

My present setup is going to be 5.1.2 - (Front Left + Right + Center + Surround Left + Right + 1 Sub + Front Left + Right Heights).

The surrounds & Front Heights will be Emotiva Airmotiv XA2 which I am going to buy.

Also I noticed that Marantz Cinema 60 doesn't support IMAX Enhanced but my question here is that since I am not going to play any IMAX recorded content from an external device such as Blu-ray player instead, IMAX Enhanced will be processed by SONY A80L onboard chip when I play a movie via Bravia Core App, does absence of this major feature from Cinema 60 actually matter?

As far as I know, IMAX Enhanced is purely a video technology with no audio quality involved in it but having mentioned this, IMAX Enhanced has partnered with DTSX to provide sound technology via the eArc to speakers via Amps that support it, am I right on this?

I have watched few IMAX Enhanced movies via SONY Bravia Core App on SONY A80L OLED but trust me, the picture looks so DULL, LIFELESS & BORING as compared to Vivid mode (which is the only mode I watch content on this SONY TV) & again those 2 black bars which otherwise I had came to know of that when I switch from Vivid to IMAX Enhanced picture mode, both black bars will disappear when I watch movies recorded in IMAX Enhanced but to my shock, nothing of that sort happen.

I am still confused. I just want to ensure I don't end up picking wrong Audio/Video receiver as this is just a one-time expensive purchase.

Regards,
Apoorva.

Last edited:
If I select Marantz Cinema 60, what am I missing out from 50 & vice versa?
Cinema 60 with 100W per channel & Cinema 50 with 110W per channel - so with 70% guarantee - 70W & 77W respectively. So as far as power is concerned not much.

Inputs & outputs being the same pretty much - again not much.

7.2 vs 9.4 so 2 additional subwoofers with the C50 which in most cases in real world very few people use, but the 2 additional channels could be great for future expansion of Atmos, but most of the old media won't benefit anyway.

Additional Dirac Live with C50 - so may or may not be a good thing.

your choice of speakers are 85 Db sensitive, so in all honesty - it should be fine with a distance of 12Feet odd. I am running 88Db sensitive speakers with similar distances with a Denon X2700H and I haven't been able to max out my speakers or AVR. So again - I think in terms of power you should be fine. Regardless both the models C50 & C60 come with preouts - so in future you can perhaps add a power amp and call it a day - if you think the power on tap is insufficient.

Marantz Cinema 60 doesn't support IMAX Enhanced
You aren't missing much if you lose out on this feature in my opinion, but it depends on how much you care about it.

Now regarding your query on reliability - well they are electronics so.........
I have had 4 different Denon Recievers + 1 Marantz Receiver - I have never had an issue, but I run all my electronics on UPS directly on the main board. So that atleast takes care of the power surge etc. Regarding component reliability, I have never run into one - but many have so no one can for certain tell you - that it will or will not fail. Repair costs can be high or low depending on the component so again NO ONE can tell you for sure if you should go for a deal or not based on these concerns.

Regarding your preference of media - I believe almost any respectable AVR in today's day & age can do that. Should not be an issue at all!

Warranty running out & device failing is always a risk, whatever the cost of the product, such is the nature of these products.

It is your money at the end of the day - so you have to decide whether or not you want to risk it. NO ONE can take that decision for you. People have already given great opinions and suggestions here, I hope you find an answer that puts your mind at ease :) Best of luck looking!

Cheers!

Have you checked the prices of all three AVRs? I think Denon 3800h is available at almost half the price of Cinema50. That's way too much difference to even compare.

As someone suggested, you can invest the remaining amount in SW, room treatment, better speakers and wires.

Have you checked the prices of all three AVRs? I think Denon 3800h is available at almost half the price of Cinema50. That's way too much difference to even compare.

As someone suggested, you can invest the remaining amount in SW, room treatment, better speakers and wires.
Max 15 to 25k difference betwen 3800 and cinema 50

Max 15 to 25k difference betwen 3800 and cinema 50
How much are you getting Marantz cinema50 for?
The rate of Denon 3800h is somewhere between ₹98k- ₹1,05,000.

I am myslef in the market for buying Denon3800h and my local Sound&Sight dealer is selling for ₹1,05,000. Although I can get it for near ₹1L but then there will no local support. So I am opting for spending ₹5000 extra for the peace of mind. I still have to send the AVR to Kolkata/Delhi in case of major fault as they don't deal in Denon, but in case of small issues, they will help.

A
How much are you getting Marantz cinema50 for?
The rate of Denon 3800h is somewhere between ₹98k- ₹1,05,000.

I am myslef in the market for buying Denon3800h and my local Sound&Sight dealer is selling for ₹1,05,000. Although I can get it for near ₹1L but then there will no local support. So I am opting for spending ₹5000 extra for the peace of mind. I still have to send the AVR to Kolkata/Delhi in case of major fault as they don't deal in Denon, but in case of small issues, they will help.

Thanks for your reply but if the dealer is selling you at ₹1,05,000.00 then are you sure you will get official support from Denon service center & is this dealer Authorized to sell Denon products?

I think the actual price of Denon x3800H is ₹2,09,000.00 to which dealers ideally give some good discount.

Same applies for Cinema 50 which is priced ₹2,54,900.00.

Though not sure of whether these are the actual real price of the products the audio dealers receive from their source b’coz there is no open rate card system.

Regards,
Apoorva.

A

Thanks for your reply but if the dealer is selling you at ₹1,05,000.00 then are you sure you will get official support from Denon service center & is this dealer Authorized to sell Denon products?

I think the actual price of Denon x3800H is ₹2,09,000.00 to which dealers ideally give some good discount.

Though not sure of whether these are the actual real price of the products the audio dealers receive from their source b’coz there is no open rate card system.

Regards,
Apoorva.
Prices are Mrp only. You will get discojnt on that. Do you checked the prices from dealer ir reasy to pay mrp

A

Regards,
Apoorva.
Yes Apporva. It is proper billed with warranty and all, and no demo/open piece. I have got these rates from 2 sellers at least.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back