Marantz SR5010 - protection mode

Ghostrider

Hi,

My Marantz SR5010 is going into protection mode, tried disconnecting all speaker terminals and just power on, still going into protection mode.
see at the board from top side, board looks but corroded as well may be due to our mumbai climate / humidity, though it is in well ventilated space.

Can anyone recommend good technician who can work on this and board cleaning as well if required.

Thank You
GR

Hi,

My Marantz SR5010 is going into protection mode, tried disconnecting all speaker terminals and just power on, still going into protection mode.
see at the board from top side, board looks but corroded as well may be due to our mumbai climate / humidity, though it is in well ventilated space.

Can anyone recommend good technician who can work on this and board cleaning as well if required.

Thank You
GR

As advised, try to reset the avr (refer to owners manual) and see if that resolves. The SR5010 is a very old model the latest being SR5015 / Cinema 60. Thumb rule since most AVRs are made in China, after 3 -5 years you should upgrade. I stay at south mumbai not too close to the sea but our humidity with dust which settles on the avr boards will contribute to corrosion & rust. I always keep dusting the avr every 10 days as dust keeps coming always.

Suggest you put this post over the Marantz Owners Thread, you will get a response faster. MZ Audio (Bandra East / Kurla) can repair but given old model board replacements will be a challenge.

I noticed some Marantz AVRs being sold over OLX and even Facebook Market place, maybe you need to upgrade. Get the SR5010 fixed and sell it off as I anticipate the issue repeating again in the near future.

There is a skilled repairer at Bhandup (forgot his name and number) who does repair well and charges nominal. I guess someone over the Marantz Thread can provide the details.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back