My final decision..Denon 1713 and Wharfedale DX1

Got it for 30300 from bass and treble. But then again...it was with the speaker package. Total cost for the whole package was 70300 (i.e. 69600 + 1% for credit card payment).

Even I am in touch with Bass and Treble for the package. But he recommends Marantz 5007 or Pioneer 1122 instead of Denon 1713.

Even I am in touch with Bass and Treble for the package. But he recommends Marantz 5007 or Pioneer 1122 instead of Denon 1713.

He hasn't even heard the speakers... In fact the first time I went and asked him about dx-1 and ms 100....He had to get onto the net to see which models they were lol.

I chose Denon because I am more of a movie buff who likes to listen to music :). And I always wanted Denon only because of the included mic ;).

Choose the avr based on your preference of movies over music. People have recommended Yamaha as well... So you can look into those as well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

He hasn't even heard the speakers... In fact the first time I went and asked him about dx-1 and ms 100....He had to get onto the net to see which models they were lol.

I chose Denon because I am more of a movie buff who likes to listen to music :). And I always wanted Denon only because of the included mic ;).

Choose the avr based on your preference of movies over music. People have recommended Yamaha as well... So you can look into those as well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

You are right about Bass'n'Treble not having heard DX-1. Also he does not seem to favor Denon. I heard Tannoy HTS-1 and they were very good. Somehow people who have listened to both prefer DX-1. These high end audio systems are expensive and the dealers are unsure about whether they will sell. So people have limited stock. I checked Deftech Procinema 600, but that demo was without the actual Sub woofer.

Ya..Wall brackets are included in the package and in fact they are very nice.You can move your speakers to any angle - its a universal bracket..And I think you can buy customized length of sub woofer cable from Designer Audio Mumbai..They are the manufacturer of DAC cable. (Designer Audio Cables).You can call them at 022-23520320/23524443

Was looking unboxing the HCP-1 on youtube. He did not show any wall brackets. Were these extra by the seller or are they a part of the Standard package.

Was looking unboxing the HCP-1 on youtube. He did not show any wall brackets. Were these extra by the seller or are they a part of the Standard package.

Yeah...even I saw that video, thats why asked about the brackets here. Seems like the wall brackets were made for the DX-1 itself, as you can see the DX-1 sattelite on the box. I just hope they have not removed the two nail brackets that were on the center speaker....as I need to have that speaker on the wall as well :sad:

What size of wire is suitable for this system? There is a table on the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speaker_wire

For me, the distance is above 7.3m from Amp, so maybe 14AWG wire is required. I am also skeptical whether the DAC cables (Designer Audio) are actually Oxygen Free. Otherwise a much cheaper Finolex 2mm square cable should be good enough.

Just read that DX-1 is rated at 4 OHMS. Is Denon 1713 powerful enough to drive these speakers well???? Am worried a bit now after reading all the articles on 4 vs 8 OHMS. All of them state that you need a powerful AVR to drive them. I have already placed an order for 1713 + DX-1.....:(

Not to worry at all..Denon 1713 is strong enough to drive DX1..I am using it for the last one month and extremely happy with the performance..

Yeah...even I saw that video, thats why asked about the brackets here. Seems like the wall brackets were made for the DX-1 itself, as you can see the DX-1 sattelite on the box. I just hope they have not removed the two nail brackets that were on the center speaker....as I need to have that speaker on the wall as well :sad:

No extra charge was paid for the wall brackets..It comes in the carton along with speakers..Center speaker has nail holes at the back (key hole kind of- like in picture frame), so you can hang it on two simple screws but as it has bass port at the back so i will advice to keep it away from wall for at least 6" to 8"

Not to worry at all..Denon 1713 is strong enough to drive DX1..I am using it for the last one month and extremely happy with the performance..

One genius confused me as well last week...
Told me strongly to not go for DX1 or even Tannoy HTS 101. Suggested look for something else like Pradigm etc.
Had very strong views about Denon as well. Says its as good as junk.. Should go for HK.

grrrr..

Ash

One genius confused me as well last week...
Told me strongly to not go for DX1 or even Tannoy HTS 101. Suggested look for something else like Pradigm etc.
Had very strong views about Denon as well. Says its as good as junk.. Should go for HK.

grrrr..

Ash

Did he give any reasons for it??? Personally, I have done a lot of reading with respect to the AVR(s) in the market, and I personally feel Denon is pretty good. It also depends on the usage of the AVR, i.e. whether you are gonna use it more for movies or Music. I personally would be watching a lot of movies on it, hence the options available for me are Onkyo and Denon. I also like to listen to a lot of music, but am not an audiophile to the extent that a little imperfection here or there would put me off. So based on these I chose to go for Denon. Also, I never liked the sound produced by Onkyo, as they are too bright for me. Both me and my wife likes a warmer sound that is clear but doesnt hurt the ear when an intense scene is playing (obviously the speakers play a huge role here as well).

The fact that the advanced version of audeyssey, as well as a calibration mic is included with denon were also additional benefits that didnt skip my mind :p

Dear AshD, apart from Wharfedale DX -1 there is another winner. Its Energy RC-Micro 5.1.
I have auditioned it and found it performance can rival some of the best 5.1 system. Paradigm is also good. I suggest you to start auditioning and short-list some package based on your preference.
Stay away from HK receivers. In India they don't have proper After-sales support.

Guys,

Please review and comment on my wiring diagram. I hope I have made the right cable type choice and haven't missed any cable.
Kindly recommend brand of cable and where to buy from.

Is it right that in case of 3 and 4 (in my diagram). A Digital Coax would be better than a Optical cable?

Appreciate your help and suggestions

Attachments

• Home Theater Wiring Diagram.jpg
    Home Theater Wiring Diagram.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Home%20Theater%20Wiring%20Diagram.jpg

Dear AshD, apart from Wharfedale DX -1 there is another winner. Its Energy RC-Micro 5.1.
I have auditioned it and found it performance can rival some of the best 5.1 system. Paradigm is also good. I suggest you to start auditioning and short-list some package based on your preference.
Stay away from HK receivers. In India they don't have proper After-sales support.

I have heard Energy RC-Micro 5.1.....they are really good....but I still didnt like them much somehow....:(

Guys,

Please review and comment on my wiring diagram. I hope I have made the right cable type choice and haven't missed any cable.
Kindly recommend brand of cable and where to buy from.

Is it right that in case of 3 and 4 (in my diagram). A Digital Coax would be better than a Optical cable?

Appreciate your help and suggestions

If your LED supports HDMI1.4, then you may use the ARC functionality instead of optical, as you already would have an HDMI cable connected to your LED and AVR.

I like the fact that you are using a separate hdmi cable for settop box to LED....Even I would be using a similar design as we really dont need to fire are avr everytime we wanna watch cable :)!

As for PS3, you may route it through the avr itself, or have a setup similar to the settop box (i.e. hdmi cable to led, optical to avr. But I think denon 1713 has just one optical input, so that might be a problem)

Last edited:
If your LED supports HDMI1.4, then you may use the ARC functionality instead of optical, as you already would have an HDMI cable connected to your LED and AVR.

I will check when I buy the LED, if it supports the HDMI 1.4. I hope all new models would supoprt , nevertheless, will check. Thanks for this..

As for PS3, you may route it through the avr itself, or have a setup similar to the settop box (i.e. hdmi cable to led, optical to avr. But I think denon 1713 has just one optical input, so that might be a problem)

I may go for a 1913 or even 2113 now that I also plan to have 2 speakers in the balcony, so guess that will take care of the HDMi port needed for AVR-PS3 connectivity.

Btw, is a Digital Coax would be better than a Optical cable? Can anyone throw light on this?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back