New age Amps like Fosi Audio TB10D or go for time-testing Marantz PM6007

dashy

Hello, I am looking at separating my music listening from my HT system (Denon AVR-X1300) with Pioneer SP-FS52 speakers.

I am contemplating between a time-tested Marantz PM6007 or with the new age Fosi Audio / Aiyima types. I am ok with less inputs as I will route all through my Arylic S50 pro+ as pre-amp/DAC/Streamer.

What say the experts?

Hello, I am looking at separating my music listening from my HT system (Denon AVR-X1300) with Pioneer SP-FS52 speakers.

I am contemplating between a time-tested Marantz PM6007 or with the new age Fosi Audio / Aiyima types. I am ok with less inputs as I will route all through my Arylic S50 pro+ as pre-amp/DAC/Streamer.

What say the experts?
My vote goes to the Fosi amps. In fact, Iam considering buying a few pairs for my active speaker experiments. I will be going for the Fosi V3's.

What say the experts?
Between the two, fossi for sure. Those speakers love power. Go for the fosi mono blocks.

Mash

What say the experts?
I'm using Aiyima 07 max with fiio bta 30 pro. And same AJ speakers but the bookshelf's. quite happy with the sound.

Between the two, fossi for sure. Those speakers love power. Go for the fosi mono blocks.

Mash
Are the fosi mono blocks launched in India ? last I heard they were only on kickstarter ? Want to try a pair soon.

I am contemplating between a time-tested Marantz PM6007 or with the new age Fosi Audio / Aiyima types.
I have played around with the Fosi V3, Fosi ZA3 monoblocks, Aiyima A08 Pro and the Aiyima T9 and my vote goes to the PM6007 any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Subjectively, it sounds better to me and objectively, it's a more complete product every which way than the Fosis and the Aiyimas of the world.

that said, amongst the Fosi/Aiyima offerings, my vote goes to the Aiyima T9 and the Fosi ZA3 in Monoblock configuration.

The Aiyima lacks power and lacks the bass control of the V3 but the latter sounds sterile and lacks excitement. The V3 is too flat and needs some EQ to infuse some life into it. The T9 not only sounds better but is also a well featured integrated amplifier with digital inputs, EQ and sub out.

The Fosi ZA3 monoblocks are also great because they have a dynamically alive sound with prominent treble and impactful bottom end and they can drive most speakers plenty loud. They also come bundled with 48V 5a PSUs as opposed to the 32v 5a one on the V3.

The A08 pro sounds alright and strikes a decent balance between features and power and comes bundled with a better 36v 6a PSU.

While the Marantz is not as dynamically potent as the ZA3 monoblocks, it is my pick because of its midrange and it's overall presentation.
Are the fosi mono blocks launched in India ? last I heard they were only on kickstarter ? Want to try a pair soon.
I'm not sure about the V3 monoblocks but the ZA3s have been available for a while. I've been running them since early April.

The ones I was referring to are these

Fosi Audio ZA3

You can try with one to begin with and if you like how it works get a second one and switch them to mono.

MaSh
Ok I was referring to this:

Should be a better version.

I'm using Aiyima 07 max with fiio bta 30 pro. And same AJ speakers but the bookshelf's. quite happy with the sound.
I am also contemplating a07max as the price is much lower compared to fosi v3.
I was told aiyima is very revealing, are they bright with your speakers? Btw I also have aj bookshelves for my rears.
What is your experience?
My denon is very bright so i want to separate the amp with a warmerr tone

I am also contemplating a07max as the price is much lower compared to fosi v3.
I was told aiyima is very revealing, are they bright with your speakers? Btw I also have aj bookshelves for my rears.
What is your experience?
My denon is very bright so i want to separate the amp with a warmerr tone
the a07 max is warmer sound signature. I'm enjoying it, solid dynamics and detailed. it's also not heating up. the dac connected to it was ES9038Q2M

Attachments

• IMG20240506123910.png
    IMG20240506123910.png
    828.8 KB · Views: 23
These low power amps are created using chips like tripath etc. Technically speaking, they sound great if the speakers connected are very sensitive. I know someone who runs a high end audionote speaker with the amptastic mini. Works fine. He has an audionote amp too. However, the speaker is very sensitive and created with low power tube amps in mind.

With normal speakers (even the ones that are around 90db), stay with traditional amplifiers. The tiny fellas will not have any power reserves. Bass gets weak and high gets harsh as a consequence. And music will sound like it is all happening in slow motion.

I am now thouroughly confused. I thought Fosi Audio v3 is warmer than Aiyima A07max, but now looks like it is on the contrary :-)

Most of these amplifiers has a 10 day return period. You can try them out with the speakers and see if they are suitable

My bookshelf speakers are entry level speakers with 86 db sensitivity. I have no issues using them with a TPA3255 evaluation board. Many of the Fosi Audio / Aiyima amplifiers are based on the same chip

Pulled the plug, got a sweet deal for fosi v3 in amazon for 6.5k.
Will report back on the performance once I set it up.
Plan is like this
Pioneer sacd/dvda/cd player (dv-575a) -> Arylic s50 pro+ -> fosi v3 -> solupeak selecter switch -> pioneer sp-fs52, sub from arylic to wharfedale sw150

Connect my denon avrx1300w for hdmi related source (firetv cube, chromecast, himedia q5 pro etc through solupeak for front. Center, surround, atmos not touched.

Hi FMs, let me report back on the early impression about the Fosi Audio amp. Will do a detailed review after I have had a chance to "buddy-up" with it for some time :) and after it breaks-in (I think Class D amps need breaking-in too).

My equipment:
Pre-amp/Streamer - Arylic S50 pro+
Amp - Fosi Audio V3 32amp power supply
Switcher - Solupeak P2 2(1), all connected through banana plugs of various make, some old some new
Speakers - Pioneer SP-Fs52
Music Server - DLNA in Synology NAS DS220+

I was using my Denon Receiver AVR-X1300w as my amp before I switched my streaming requirements to this little device.
The difference is quite revealing.
Sound in Denon sometimes used to sound metallic and hence used to give me ear fatigue.
This (albeit not for a long time) is extremely clear and true to the songs/music, the vocals are crisp and clear and with a good base. Pl. note that I have not connected my subwoofer Wharfedale SW-150, so it is doing full-range to FS52.

The mid-range is definitely better than the Denon but I was expecting way more. It is not warm and quite aggressive (maybe a little more breaking in will change the sonic signature - I dont know).
Overall, it is very true to the sound-track is what my impression was, but I am no audiophile, and cant compare whether this beats a much higher range amp (this is what a lot of people claim). But overall, a very enjoyable sound and way better than the AV receiver.

And I also had a Panasonic SA-XR57S - the original Class-D tripath amp with chips fro TI, before I sold it to upgrade (downgrade?) to the Denon.
The Pana sounded very clean and revealing, and with no colourations, but in some music sources, the vocals and mid-range sounded a bit tinny.
Overll a very enjoyable sound it was. So I cant say that this is my first foray into class-d.
I feel the fosi audio is way better though.

Last edited by a moderator:
My vote goes to the Fosi amps. In fact, Iam considering buying a few pairs for my active speaker experiments. I will be going for the Fosi V3's.
Any updates on the fosi monoblocks and how they compare to other options. ? They measure really well though. Saw audio science review of them.

Mash
Any comparison of these fosi monoblocks similar to what @DB1989 has done?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back