Question on carrying vinyls in check in from US

Hi FMs

Around Dec I’ll be visiting India from US,and I plan to bring back at least 100+ vinyls in check in luggage.
It is a bunch of new releases and used OGs (1:10 ratio ).
The new releases are still shrink wrapped.

Any advice on how to avoid custom hassles ?
Do I need to tear the shrink wraps on the new ones ?

FYI: I have earlier brought back vinyls from Japan and UK and had faced no hassles , however they were all smaller quantities (less than 50 in each case ) and all were used OGs.

Thanks for your insights.

Hi FMs

Around Dec I’ll be visiting India from US,and I plan to bring back at least 100+ vinyls in check in luggage.
It is a bunch of new releases and used OGs (1:10 ratio ).
The new releases are still shrink wrapped.

Any advice on how to avoid custom hassles ?
Do I need to tear the shrink wraps on the new ones ?

FYI: I have earlier brought back vinyls from Japan and UK and had faced no hassles , however they were all smaller quantities (less than 50 in each case ) and all were used OGs.

Thanks for your insights.
I have brought from Dubai/UK/HK. Out of same concern I slit open the shrink wrap. But nobody has ever bothered to ask even.

No issues with customs, but the weight of 100+ records will be significant. ensure they are packed well so they don't warp in transit.

I have also brought vinyl which I bought in the US but, all were in ' used' condition. I don't think there is any kind of restrictions on bringing cds/ cassette/vinyl from abroad, especially in check- in baggage. However, if the baggage is opened for any reason and a substantial qnty of brand new vinyls are found, an explanation has to be kept ready.

The main forseen expense could be excess baggage weight.
Your gift of negotiating may also work just in case they ask for an explanation.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back