Reachearble AAA/AA Batteries with charger

Tirupati

HI Guys,

I am looking for rechargeable AAA/AA batteries with charger and i have been used Eveready before and quality it offers not upto the mark.

Please suggest quality batteries

HI Guys,

I am looking for rechargeable AAA/AA batteries with charger and i have been used Eveready before and quality it offers not upto the mark.

Eneloop. World's best rechargeable batteries. All professional photographers live by it.
Plenty of fakes are available. Buy from trusted vendors.

HI Guys,

ENELOOP without doubt.

You also need to decide the capacity of the battery u want to buy. This will determine how frequently u will have to charge them.

You have not indicated which appliance you plan to use the rechargables with... else i could recommend the preferred capacity ( specified in mAh ).

Some applications like a Clock or Remote Control do not consume much power, and you need not waste the expense of rechargables in such applications

AAA usually do not provide adequate capacity due to their small size.

ENELOOP without doubt.

You also need to decide the capacity of the battery u want to buy. This will determine how frequently u will have to charge them.

You have not indicated which appliance you plan to use the rechargables with... else i could recommend the preferred capacity ( specified in mAh ).

Some applications like a Clock or Remote Control do not consume much power, and you need not waste the expense of rechargables in such applications

AAA usually do not provide adequate capacity due to their small size.

Mostly i will use it for Mouse(eating 4 batteries a month now), Keyboard, Remotes and clocks.

Looking for bit long life

These looks fine and Smart charger can be used both AAA/AA batteries .
Yes that's the best part, one charger for both types of batteries. The smart charger also reduces the charging time to almost half, when compared to standard one (i.e. CC17).

All batteries have a shelf life... Shelf life is the time (after manufacture) over which and unused battery will decay and be non functional (Self Discharge).

The Shelf Life for Zinc Carbon (Indian conditions with elevated ambient / storage temperatures ) its 12 months and 3 years for alkaline.

Duracell Alkaline batteries sold in Packs on "SALE" are usually more than 1 year old ! (This brand also leaks terribly, but that is another story)

That is why All batteries will indicate their month and year of manufacture. Buy fresh batteries so that they last long in use, particularly light use (Clocks and remotes).

A Clock consumes Very very little power, so effectively the life of a battery in a clock is the shelf life of the battery.

A remote control also consumes power only when some button is pressed. Hence Ensure that you place a remote where no button will get pressed unattended (eg a remote on a table and a book is placed on top of the remote, pressing a button due to the weigh of a book, or the remote in a drawer cluttered with many other things.) Get a Remote Control Stand from Amazon.

Rechargeable batteries, except the expensive Eneloop have very poor shelf life... Typically a few months.

Clearly it does not make sense to use a Rechargeable battery in a Clock or remote control.

The capacity (how much charge the battery will hold / deliver) is rated in Milli Amp Hours (mAh ).

Basic AA size rechargeable batteries will have a capacity of 600 mAh (ie they will deliver 600 milliamps for a total of 1 hour or 300 mA for a total of 2 hours).

Better rechargeable batteries will have a capacity of 1,100 mAh, and the current best will deliver 2,200 mAh.

The cost of the rechargeable will ofcourse increase with increased capacity. Usually, high capacity (better quality) rechargeable batteries will also have a higher shelf life.

A pack of 4 AA sized Eneloop Pro Rechargeable batteries will cost Rs 1,000+ or more than Rs 250 each. Would be a shame to use them in a clock where a (Rs 15 ) ordinary Non Rechargable Zinc Carbon battery will last for 1 year.

Of the 4 applications listed by you, I would recommend the following:

Clock - Ordinary Zinc Carbon Battery Rs 15 each
Remote - Ordinary Zinc Carbon @ Rs 15 each or Amazon Basics Brand Alkaline AAA size (Duracell leak VERY Badly)
Keyboard - Ordinary Zinc Carbon @ Rs 15 each or Amazon Basics Brand Alkaline AA Size (Duracell leak VERY Badly)
Mouse - Rechargeable AA. If the Mouse uses the thinner AAA size, then use amazon Basics Alkaline since AA size rechargeables have poor performance.... My personal experience. YMMV :)

All batteries have a shelf life... Shelf life is the time (after manufacture) over which and unused battery will decay and be non functional (Self Discharge).

The Shelf Life for Zinc Carbon (Indian conditions with elevated ambient / storage temperatures ) its 12 months and 3 years for alkaline.

Duracell Alkaline batteries sold in Packs on "SALE" are usually more than 1 year old ! (This brand also leaks terribly, but that is another story)

That is why All batteries will indicate their month and year of manufacture. Buy fresh batteries so that they last long in use, particularly light use (Clocks and remotes).

A Clock consumes Very very little power, so effectively the life of a battery in a clock is the shelf life of the battery.

A remote control also consumes power only when some button is pressed. Hence Ensure that you place a remote where no button will get pressed unattended (eg a remote on a table and a book is placed on top of the remote, pressing a button due to the weigh of a book, or the remote in a drawer cluttered with many other things.) Get a Remote Control Stand from Amazon.

Rechargeable batteries, except the expensive Eneloop have very poor shelf life... Typically a few months.

Clearly it does not make sense to use a Rechargeable battery in a Clock or remote control.

The capacity (how much charge the battery will hold / deliver) is rated in Milli Amp Hours (mAh ).

Basic AA size rechargeable batteries will have a capacity of 600 mAh (ie they will deliver 600 milliamps for a total of 1 hour or 300 mA for a total of 2 hours).

Better rechargeable batteries will have a capacity of 1,100 mAh, and the current best will deliver 2,200 mAh.

The cost of the rechargeable will ofcourse increase with increased capacity. Usually, high capacity (better quality) rechargeable batteries will also have a higher shelf life.

A pack of 4 AA sized Eneloop Pro Rechargeable batteries will cost Rs 1,000+ or more than Rs 250 each. Would be a shame to use them in a clock where a (Rs 15 ) ordinary Non Rechargable Zinc Carbon battery will last for 1 year.

Of the 4 applications listed by you, I would recommend the following:

Clock - Ordinary Zinc Carbon Battery Rs 15 each
Remote - Ordinary Zinc Carbon @ Rs 15 each or Amazon Basics Brand Alkaline AAA size (Duracell leak VERY Badly)
Keyboard - Ordinary Zinc Carbon @ Rs 15 each or Amazon Basics Brand Alkaline AA Size (Duracell leak VERY Badly)
Mouse - Rechargeable AA. If the Mouse uses the thinner AAA size, then use amazon Basics Alkaline since AA size rechargeables have poor performance.... My personal experience. YMMV :)

Very nicely put .. thanks for inputs ..

HI Guys,

Ikea Ladda is the best bet. It’s rebranded Panasonic mostly, made in Japan and sold much cheaper than Panasonic. Panasonic eleloop pro is the best you can get. But it’s expensive. I use it on my Xbox controller and it lasts forever. I also have the ikea as back up and I am very satisfied with it

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back