Recd my Yamaha AVR from Amazon Japan at a mouth watering Christmas price.

RAJUSH26

bc65417dcb8086210988b741c57dc595.jpg

Congrats and welcome to the club

CNET has reviewed it and choosen as favourite AVR under $500.
Yamaha RX-V479 review - Page 2 - CNET

Conlcusion pasted from the CNET review:

The Yamaha RX-V479 demonstrates just how far affordable AV receivers have come. Not only does it offer a complete suite of up-to-date features, including a well-considered multiroom system, but sound quality is first-rate.

The excellent Marantz NR1506 costs one hundred dollars more and offers striking looks, but it's better suited to music playback, while the Yamaha offers a more rounded performance with both music and movies. As a result, the RXV-479 is our new favorite receiver under $500

Wow, Congrats

Did you buy it from Japan and carried it to India? or You bought through online store and they shipped to India? What was the Import duty paid :-)

I am in Japan right now, and recd the avr here in Japan from Amazon Japan for 258 usd. Will get it when returning back home

a969c097dfe22d387384b699ac9c882b.jpg

Friends Tried out my Yamaha rx-v 479 avr, even with micro system speakers sounded just awesome. First song played uyire uyire from Bombay, was fantabolous

Hi,

Yamaha like Marantz is musical and so most speaker brands would match....you need to consider performance and end of the day warranty in some cases....

Someone on OLX is selling BIC America and he is based in Mumbai.....He is selling DV32s and H100ii sub...complete set for 52k...it is with warranty of 7 years....I checked why is he selling as they seem new....he says that the AVR he uses needs more powerful ones and hence selling these....the DV32s are around 125w RMS at 8 ohms...the sub...supposedly in the Top 5 line for value and performance is 150w continuous and 475 peak...its a 12 inch....

Else you can consider regular wharfedale or Boston Acoustics or Jamo etc.....choice is yours...

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back