Recommendations for a DDC

kratu

I've been considering getting a DDC. My source is MacBook Air -> Denafrips Terminator DAC. Obviously, a laptop is not optimal for music.

So, a good DDC is in order. Some of the suggestions I got include Singxer SU-2, Audio-GD DI-24. Any other recommendations, preferably under 2L? Is DIY option any good? (provided it is not too technical to setup)

I've been considering getting a DDC. My source is MacBook Air -> Denafrips Terminator DAC. Obviously, a laptop is not optimal for music.

So, a good DDC is in order. Some of the suggestions I got include Singxer SU-2, Audio-GD DI-24. Any other recommendations, preferably under 2L? Is DIY option any good? (provided it is not too technical to setup)

https://www.matrix-digi.com/product/82/X-SPDIF3

With that budget why not use a streamer like a Silent angel M1t or a matrix audio element S?

MacBook Air -> Denafrips Terminator DAC.
One quick question,
How do you manage to change songs/albums from couch , do you need to get up every now and then?
OR is there a better way not to get up from couch and still control/change of songs/album?

Thanks.

Hi :)

The Audio-GD DI-24HE is supposedly the best there is right now. I enquired about it recently. The price was USD 1,050/- delivered in Shanghai. So if anyone you know is going to China or Hongkong ( Should be same price delivered as Shanghai ). Then you can place an order, and pay via paypal. Delivery time was 5 days about 2 weeks back. All the best.

One quick question,
How do you manage to change songs/albums from couch , do you need to get up every now and then?
OR is there a better way not to get up from couch and still control/change of songs/album?

Thanks.
The USB cable from laptop to DAC is 2 meters long and my system/room is compact. So, it is all in reachable distance. BTW With Spotify, I can control this with iPhone or Watch.

Having said that. Lately, I realised it is better it create a playlist or queue tracks based on the mood, close the eyes and go with the flow. Skipping here and there spoils the experience. :)

https://www.matrix-digi.com/product/82/X-SPDIF3

With that budget why not use a streamer like a Silent angel M1t or a matrix audio element S?
Although, I'm open to a streamer there are couple of cons. They evolve really fast and get outdated soon. Or at least the apps do. (I have a Pioneer streamer but the app is no longer supported). Many of them don't support Apple iTunes (esp. with Hi-res 24 bit).

Denafrips Terminator DAC already has robust internal master clock. I have been told that a DDC is a best option.

Skipping here and there spoils the experience.
This is exactly a mood breaker, hence I asked here.
For me , Since I have MacPro with HDMI , I do connect with TV to get screen output only and controlling this with apple keyboard and mouse next to me on couch, while USB output goes to my small ddc to dac.
I still feel this cumbersome at times.

@mbhangui Sir, if they are better ways to handle this situation without leaving couch?

@mbhangui Sir, if they are better ways to handle this situation without leaving couch?
There are three ways

1. If your macbook pro is a older model with an IR port, then it can be controlled using any apple remote. My macbook pro 2011, 2012 and 2014 macmini work with these Apple remotes. But my 2020 macbook pro does not have IR port and hence cannot be controlled using the IR remotes. So any music app (apple music, mpd, cantata, etc) gets controlled using any of the below remotes for the older models. The first and the third remotes are apple tv remote. The middle one is the remote that was built for apple ipod dock and apple hifi speaker

1728992732450.png 1728992766746.png 1728992811518.png

2. If you use something like mpd, then any android/ios mpd client can control the music from the phone or any machine with mpd client, without leaving the couch

3. The retune android app or (i think the airtune app on ios) can control apple music. I have used both of these apps to control playback but these work only for apple music client

Yes Terminator Version 1 doesn't allow any advantage with additional Master Clock in Ddc. Confirmed by Alvin.
I Returned Gaia after Using it for Couple of Months, Hermes is more than enough IMHO.

True. Alvin says that "If your only source is via a USB [computer or streamer] and if you aren't using coaxial/SPDIF then Iris is a smarter choice". (6:30m)

With Vinshine Audio parting ways with Denafrips, the future is unclear.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back