Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Hi all,
This is my set up:
A pair of Quad 12L2s connected to a homebrew 60W Mosfet power amp driven by a homebrew PGA2310 controlled preamp.
Inputs are Rega Planet CDP, Rega Planar TT, IoBox100 NMT, and PC.
The rack is a homebrew Mapleshade design.
Behind the right hand speaker is a prototype Power Conditioner.
The Quads are on old Lithos stands. New stands are on the drawing board.
]

Wow! Nice setup....
Can you post a High resolution picture?

:yahoo: My mini stereo set-up finally in place, in my room. Set-up consists of

1) New Drivers/Xover's/Fibrefill/Baffle placed into the refurbished cabinets of Solidaire SS-70's/ 3 way speakers tuned to my music preference:ohyeah:

2) Harman Kardon HK6550 Stereo Amp

3) Cheapo weak link Phillips Player (To be replaced ASAP):rolleyes:

Pics of the set-up :)

111.jpg

211.jpg

311.jpg

411.jpg

hehe ....... I have the same Philips DVDp .........:D

Suppose the entire DIY comes crashing down while playing your fantasy hard rock ..... would the DVDp survive the impact? Can't you move the players away to somewhere safer ........ :p

hehe ....... I have the same Philips DVDp .........:D

Suppose the entire DIY comes crashing down while playing your fantasy hard rock ..... would the DVDp survive the impact? Can't you move the players away to somewhere safer ........ :p

???:confused:

If at all it comes crashing down, it will be the will of 'Asator':indifferent14:

Plus, i've got the 'magical' dolphins to protect the player/amp :p

Last edited:
Denom bro, If anything is the weak link here, its the placement of speakers not the dvdp!
The HK amp looks awesome man!

Denom, Imho keeping speakers so high up close to the ceiling not optimum.
How will you get any sense of imaging when they are so high about ear level?

Denom, Imho keeping speakers so high up close to the ceiling not optimum.
How will you get any sense of imaging when they are so high about ear level?

Lets put it this way, it was either where they are located as shown in pics or out of the house, take your pick!

Imaging & such goes for a toss when you face such an option!!!

Have been listening to them all day & things not as bad as they seem as per the pics. Heck, i'm pretty happy with the set-up in place, earlier it was all on the floor:lol: & 'in the way':rolleyes:

Another plus is that the speakers are sealed ones hence no issues with the ports getting blocked/boomy bass....

Denom...congrats man....enjoy!!

those are glass shelves rite? be aware when you crank up the volume levels....I guess all that testing has been done...but keep an eye

Lets put it this way, it was either where they are located as shown in pics or out of the house, take your pick!

Imaging & such goes for a toss when you face such an option!!!

Have been listening to them all day & things not as bad as they seem as per the pics. Heck, i'm pretty happy with the set-up in place, earlier it was all on the floor:lol: & 'in the way':rolleyes:

Another plus is that the speakers are sealed ones hence no issues with the ports getting blocked/boomy bass....
Okay, now that changes everything! I would have it somewhere in the room rather than not have it at all!
Good to know that they are sealed, solves half the problem.

Hi Denom,

Congrats for your purchase.

How much you paid for Harman Kardon HK6550 Stereo Amp?
Is it a Integrated amp?
I am also looking for a integrated amp with low budget? Pls suggest me.

Thanks
Vijay

:yahoo: My mini stereo set-up finally in place, in my room. Set-up consists of

1) New Drivers/Xover's/Fibrefill/Baffle placed into the refurbished cabinets of Solidaire SS-70's/ 3 way speakers tuned to my music preference:ohyeah:

2) Harman Kardon HK6550 Stereo Amp

3) Cheapo weak link Phillips Player (To be replaced ASAP):rolleyes:

Pics of the set-up :)

111.jpg

211.jpg

311.jpg

411.jpg

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back