Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Here is mine.
Audiolab-Marantz-Musical Fidelity-Monitor Audio-Chord Company-Norstone

Where you got those stands? how much did they cost?

Those Isolation Pads between the speaker and the stand, what brand are they?

Your setup looks very neat btw.:)

hi raaga,

Hope to be invited soon,

N.Murali

Oh sure Murali. Will let you know.

Where you got those stands? how much did they cost?

Those Isolation Pads between the speaker and the stand, what brand are they?

Your setup looks very neat btw.:)

Couldn't get the GS stands and hence got the Platinum stands. And those isolation pads are part of the stand design.

I have finally completed my HT setup. Well, almost ... I still need to add a CD/DVD player & maybe a network media player (currently PS3 is doing all the job) and also some decent seating arrangement. Below are the equipments I have - as you can see it is a fairly basic and simple budget setup.

AVR: Denon 1911
5.1ch speaker system (for movies): Tannoy HTS101
Stereo speakers (floor-standing towers, for music): Monitor Audio M6
Cassette player (used one, for my old collections): Sony TC-WE405
BD/DVD player and gaming console: PS3 Slim 120GB
Satelite: TataSky+ HD
TV: LG 42LH90
Projector: Acer H5360
Projector screen: GrandView Manual 8 X 6
Netbook-cum-tablet (used as media server with PS3): Dell Inspiron Duo

I have uploaded a few photographs in picasa, below is the url of that album:
https://picasaweb.google.com/105064...&authkey=Gv1sRgCObQiLHtnMXJUQ&feat=directlink

-- Saumitra

Last edited:
A neat HT room ....
A small suggestion though ..... try setting up the AVR, tape deck and other sources just below the TV instead of the present left side orientation. You can plan for a custom built rack for the same.

The right FS looks to be infringing on the door area a bit. If a new rack is decided upon, then you can adjust the FS accordingly. The current low level furniture below the TV, though looks good, might be making this difficult now. Also, you might require to give a slight toe-in for the FS, and this speaker has a rear port, so, a little more space ... from the wall.

If you plan for a new rack and do away with the current left hand side infrastructure, then you could also look at the prospect of raising the TV level by a foot, and also shift the TV further to the left. This would give the FS additional operating area with the suggested toe-in. Yes, I have taken into consideration the current location of the sub .....

Last edited:
avidyarthy: thanks for your inputs. Yes, I may have to look for a new AV rack to be able to re-organize the equipments and the FS speakers. However, the right side FS is actaually not blocking the door, it is aligned perfectly with the external door frame, though the photos are misleading giving you an impression it is coming on the way.

baijuxavior: man, after seeing some of the AV setups shared by some of the members (e.g. vinay, sams9, ....) in this thread (& in other threads), I dare not call mine anything other than a budget setup. However, that is only in relative terms. For me, in absolute terms, this is THE dream setup I wanted to have (with one or two things missing as yet). Besides, it actually cost me much more than I had budgeted for ... I started with a budget of 45k for 5.1ch setup, ended up spending 74k for that alone and then spent another 35k for the FS. Quite frankly, among all that I bought - the FS are my real favorites .... there is nothing better than listening to good music with these FS ...

-- Saumitra

Nice clean setup. How did you manage the wires to be invisible? Had provisions already?
I actually had quite a messy setup earlier with a lot of wires exposed on the wall and floor. Below are some photos of my old setup:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/i2u9tfxwvmFlifX10icnRdM0CDNIRkFGVd4dXkmCcPU?feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/nnD-ssd-YKnJPYfUeu413NM0CDNIRkFGVd4dXkmCcPU?feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/PvMa7-ga3Q1ASjhJVJd7L9M0CDNIRkFGVd4dXkmCcPU?feat=directlink

After getting the new equipments (AVR, speakers, ...), I actually have renovated this room completely - did internal wiring for all the speakers and the projector by laying pipes on the wall - had to re-do the walls and repaint those completely before mounting the speakers and the projector.

Last edited:
^^^ and you would end up spending close to 80% of your time in "music" ... watch it. My HT for movies is gathering dust in the movies mode .... that too ends up getting its dose of music, whence in that room. Wifey says that the house has been converted to a 'paan-ki-dukaan' .... music/FM blaring away as long as I am in the house ..... :mad:

After getting the new equipments (AVR, speakers, ...), I actually have renovated this room completely - did internal wiring for all the speakers and the projector by laying pipes on the wall - had to re-do the walls and repaint those completely before mounting the speakers and the projector.

That's a lot of work done :clapping: Enjoy your new setup!!

Hi Saumitra,
You have definitely a taste. Although I liked your earlier colour combination. Dark background wall was better, at least to me. It had a rich feel.

The placement of your TV slightly lower than the normal level is purposefully done to match with your on floor level sitting arrangement. Rightly so. Throwing colourful cushions on the floor level gadda makes it a vibrant corner and much better than the stereo type sofa set.

As others said, you may give attention to provide more backspace to your MA floorstander. What do you feel? Are you getting good soundstage?

People generally avoid high furnitures around speakers and keep the furnitures at lower level as far as possible. You may in future think of placing them below your TV. It will improve the soundstage,I believe.

But kudos to you in maganing the wires disapper completely. Very good.

anm, amitnoida: Thanks, guys. You are welcome to visit my place anytime.
Yes, I had to work around a few things at the moment to accommodate everything in my smallish (15 X 12) room. The low cabinet (with glass top) just below the TV is not allowing me to place the equipments below the TV and allow more space for the FS speakers. This unit was completely designed by my wife so did not want to upset her by asking this to be removed and went for a tall corner unit instead to keep all the stuff. And you are right the dark background I had earlier on the wall (on which TV is mounted) was probably better and was my wifes choice. While doing repainting this time, I thought a slightly lighter background/color on that wall would be better as everything on/near that wall is black/dark. But afterwards, when everything was setup, I also felt maybe the darker shade would have been better. Wife surely has a better understanding on color schemes
Regarding the FS placement I have left 10 inches gap from the wall. And so far I have not found any boominess in sound even when I tried cranking up the volume. These speakers come with foam plugs to close the rear (or front) reflex ports, but I have not yet felt any need for those.

anm, amitnoida: Thanks, guys. You are welcome to visit my place anytime.
Yes, I had to work around a few things at the moment to accommodate everything in my smallish (15 X 12) room. The low cabinet (with glass top) just below the TV is not allowing me to place the equipments below the TV and allow more space for the FS speakers. This unit was completely designed by my wife so did not want to upset her by asking this to be removed and went for a tall corner unit instead to keep all the stuff. And you are right the dark background I had earlier on the wall (on which TV is mounted) was probably better and was my wifes choice. While doing repainting this time, I thought a slightly lighter background/color on that wall would be better as everything on/near that wall is black/dark. But afterwards, when everything was setup, I also felt maybe the darker shade would have been better. Wife surely has a better understanding on color schemes
Regarding the FS placement I have left 10 inches gap from the wall. And so far I have not found any boominess in sound even when I tried cranking up the volume. These speakers come with foam plugs to close the rear (or front) reflex ports, but I have not yet felt any need for those.

Great, if it does not produce boomy sound, you may continue. In any set-up the room plays very important role. Your room is almost the same size of mine. I have placed my bookshelf about 2.5 ft from the back wall. Placement of speaker is comparatively easy in bigger room, but challenge becomes more when the room is small like ours.

The low level cabinet with glass top looks beautiful, specially with those white marble pebbles. But sonically, glass surface is not good for a music room. Also, try to put a small carpet/mat on the floor.

Yes, your wife's colour sense and decoration sense is good. Specially your kiddo's room is also well decorated.

dsc07678y.jpg

dsc07679v.jpg

dsc07680s.jpg

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back