Top 5 Jazz Albums

I have limited knowledge about this genre of music but I have a radio station created in Pandora for the artist Ahmad Jamal that I like.
@bornfi If Ahmad Jamal inspires you, then you are right up there with the jazz aficionados! Sad that we lost him about a year ago. He was 93 when he died and performed almost until the end. Is there any particular Jamal album that you liked? Do explore other artists and it will open up a whole new world of art. Happy listening!

Leroy Vinegar Leroy walks
Gerry Mulligan meets Johnny Hodges
Night Train Oscar Peterson
Don Sleet (only one album as leader.A recent discovery for me). Hard bop afficianados must give it a whirl. The band playing with him are the who's who of jazz.
Curtis Fuller Bluesette.
Loved the Don Sleet album. Specially liked the track Secret Love

Posting what I go back to from collection...75% of my jazz collection comes from a forum member in mumbai, 20% from a member in nashik... In a way I got a massive jumpstart....from one day not knowing anything about who kenny burrell Or a Dave grusin is to having multiple albums...blessed to have such an introduction

Philadelphia experiment is a band I pursued coz I admire questlove's drumming...

I too love Ahmed Jamal.. His live renditions, especially in clubs have a pretty eerie atmos

Attachments

• IMG_20240707_223128.jpg
    IMG_20240707_223128.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back