upgradtion from wharfdale 9.5

n_sachin84

HI FRIENDS,
Thinking of upgrading from Wharfdale 9.5 to better speakers .I am happy with my Denon 3312 and wharfdale 9.5 ,but recently I heard MA rs 8 SILVER FS.Then I really understood difference between 9.5 and mars8 .But ma RS8 did not impress me bcoz of too much loose,muddy bass.
I liked everything in ma rs8 except bass as lows,mids were much clear than 9.5 .Also SOUNDSTAGE was deep as compared to 9.5 .
my room size is 16*10. plz considering all this thing & my liking for wharfdale 9.5 plz suggest me better speakers.
thanks
sachin

If you have read threads created by me http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/50470-search-entry-level-floorstanders-dali-zensor-7-a.html
and FM @HiFiManish http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/52007-hunt-perfect-musical-floorstanders-yamaha-673-a.html

you can see we have covered quite a few speakers in the budget you have mentioned. (Most of the brands mentioned should be available in Bangalore)
Apart from the brands covered by both, there are Q Acoustics 2050, PSB Imagine T5/T6 and a few other brands (Epos, Quad) which we missed out on

PSB Imagine is a highly rated speaker I wish I had tried. But they might be slightly above your budget
Me and @HiFiManish were obviously enamoured by the Dali Zensors
I liked the Paradigm Monitor 7s and the Monitor Audio BR5s too

Hope it is a starting point

Thanks ,grunthos .
I will start my audition with Dali Zensor 7.Also thinking of auditioning psb image X series

thanks for your suggestions
sachin

Last edited:
Do consider used speakers also if you are open to buying used. Many good deals come up on the forum. You will be able to get speakers (used ones) which may otherwise not be in your budget.

Best,
APK

Thanks apk.
I am also open to buy good used FS speakers.surely , i will keep it in mind .Hope some audiophile from Bangalore will come forward for sale of good floorstanders.
shiv

me too,I will start my audition with Dali Zensor 7.Also thinking of auditioning psb image X series,thanks
nqpSam

Hi Sachin, Have you changed your floorstanders? if so, are you also changing your center speaker as well do let me know.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back