UPS or voltage stabiliser

Deblin

Hello esteemed members,
I have finally finalized my initial 2.0 set up. It will be audio vector QR1 bookshelf speaker. I will use Marantz SR6013 to power the speakers. I will later add SVS PB 1000 Sub and then complete the whole 5.1 system.

The problem with my locality is there is very frequent power failures. Though my society have back up generator (900 Watts), I want to avoid the switching and don't want my system to get exposed to such power shocks.

So how should I protect my equipments. Should I go with voltage stabiliser or UPS. As far as I can see my total wattage requirement will be 850 for AVR plus 500 for sub. Can anybody suggest a couple of model (either stabiliser or UPS). How much should I budget for them and can I get it online?

Thanks

Hello esteemed members,
I have finally finalized my initial 2.0 set up. It will be audio vector QR1 bookshelf speaker. I will use Marantz SR6013 to power the speakers. I will later add SVS PB 1000 Sub and then complete the whole 5.1 system.

The problem with my locality is there is very frequent power failures. Though my society have back up generator (900 Watts), I want to avoid the switching and don't want my system to get exposed to such power shocks.

So how should I protect my equipments. Should I go with voltage stabiliser or UPS. As far as I can see my total wattage requirement will be 850 for AVR plus 500 for sub. Can anybody suggest a couple of model (either stabiliser or UPS). How much should I budget for them and can I get it online?

Thanks
IMO get a 2-2.5kva inverter and a voltage stabilizer rated at 6A for the AVR

I'm using V-guard Digi 200 stabilizer, rated at 6A for Amplifier and DAC for past 7-8 years. We too have frequent power outages and also voltage surge, so the entire house has power backup from a 2kVA V-guard UPS

Has anyone tried a CVT? How does it compare to a stabilizer?

MaSh
I used to run a 2KVA CVT for my entire house - A CVT is a bit of overkill. most appliances can handle +/-10% variation in voltage, and a stabilizer with discrete taps is enough. a CVT is needed when you need exactly the correct voltage. Mine used to be very noisy in operation as the voltage kept fluctuation constantly. finally took it back to the mft and asked them to reduce the voltage sensitivity - I was willing to put up with minor variations for a quieter house.
Thankfully they put a transformer near our house, and the fluctuations are not there any more!

Thanks for all of your reply.
So, I need an ups as well as voltage stabiliser?
What ups should I look for and what will be approx cost?

Thanks for all of your reply.
So, I need an ups as well as voltage stabiliser?
What ups should I look for and what will be approx cost?
You need an inverter that can operate as an online ups. Rating should be 2kva. Depending on brands it should cost you around 8-11k. And then you need two tubular batteries. Depending on capacity it will cost you 9k each and more. So over all you will need to invest 25-35k for inverter ans batteries. Then for voltage stabilizer the digi smart will cost 4200

You need an inverter that can operate as an online ups. Rating should be 2kva. Depending on brands it should cost you around 8-11k. And then you need two tubular batteries. Depending on capacity it will cost you 9k each and more. So over all you will need to invest 25-35k for inverter ans batteries. Then for voltage stabilizer the digi smart will cost 4200
Which tubular batteries are those? Can u please share some link?

If we do the math, it will cost approax 35K apart from stabiliser cost. Is it necessary to have inverter and battery or only the stabiliser will do. What will be the cons?

If we do the math, it will cost approax 35K apart from stabiliser cost. Is it necessary to have inverter and battery or only the stabiliser will do. What will be the cons?
OP issue is regular power failures in this case a voltage stabilizer alone is not enough. With power back up he can safely shut down all his devices during power cuts. It’s been a year and I have had around 20-30 power cuts and so far it hasn’t damaged my avr or other equipment’s. But 30 in a year is not much so I haven’t gone for an inverter.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back