Voltage Stabilizer, UPS, battery backup recommendations please?

Power analyser will do the harmonics testing job for you. Or maybe you can ask numax to check it out at your place to support their theory. They may be having the tools to analyse the incoming power. This maybe is the best way to isolate the root cause of the issue you have faced. It is highly unlikely to have harmonic distortion to such an extent that it disturbes the stabilizer's functionality.
yes they have the device and have checked at sites where this is happening. they have tried to fix and diagnose but they are unable to. either their manufacturing / component selection is at fault, or the design is having an issue tolerating these harmonics, infact the design is a simple one to say, with the processing done by dsp
they have even tried to stimulate these worst harmonics with big generators, etc with additional filters and which they managed to run for few days after enhancements only to find it going back to the same issue after few days.

Power analyser will do the harmonics testing job for you. Or maybe you can ask numax to check it out at your place to support their theory. They may be having the tools to analyse the incoming power. This maybe is the best way to isolate the root cause of the issue you have faced. It is highly unlikely to have harmonic distortion to such an extent that it disturbes the stabilizer's functionality.
Yes they do have. Anyhow I'll be returning the unit.

Will a servo stabilizer for whole house, cause tubelight flickering when it's moving the servo arm to adjust voltage? Looks like a relay based mainline with zerocrossing feature also will be maintenance free, but with wide tolerance range of 200-245v around

I have a 10kva servo but all are Panel lights so couldn't observe any flicker, set rage to -/+ 9 volts . And it's really very very heavy that needs 2 persons to carry it.

Yes they do have. Anyhow I'll be returning the unit.

Will a servo stabilizer for whole house, cause tubelight flickering when it's moving the servo arm to adjust voltage? Looks like a relay based mainline with zerocrossing feature also will be maintenance free, but with wide tolerance range of 200-245v around

I have a 10kva servo but all are Panel lights so couldn't observe any flicker, set rage to -/+ 9 volts . And it's really very very heavy that needs 2 persons to carry it.
It will not cause any flicker unless the carbon arm is loose. Problem with servos is the slow response time and correction speed, noise during regulation and maintenance issues.

Going by the working mechanism of relay type stabilizers it will also come with same drawbacks and will just shift 30-40 volts up and down instead of actually regulating.

I believe if there is not much fluctuation at your place then you can continue with servo

It will not cause any flicker unless the carbon arm is loose. Problem with servos is the slow response time and correction speed, noise during regulation and maintenance issues.

Going by the working mechanism of relay type stabilizers it will also come with same drawbacks and will just shift 30-40 volts up and down instead of actually regulating.

I believe if there is not much fluctuation at your place then you can continue with servo
there arent much fluctuations, just gradual over the day and increases when the weather is cold as people dont use ACs
got the new unit from numax, need to monitor. doesn't look like they added any new filters or anything. no emi/rf added

so far the new device is fine. no idea why the old one had issues, time will tell. maybe after some time it will repeat

This is so unprofessional from numax. Didn't incorporate any additions or changes even after involvement of their managing partner and his commitment to you.

This is so unprofessional from numax. Didn't incorporate any additions or changes even after involvement of their managing partner and his commitment to you.
well..its hard to find skilled labor these days..

the previous servo is 4 years old, 10kva still fine. need to check the carbon bush.
that noise during regulation is the concern with servo, and relay based does at zero crossing(and quite fast) to minimize it but loses out on regulation. best of both worlds = static

any idea of the emi/rf filters on servo, pics appreciated.
not the surge protection with MOV's

well..its hard to find skilled labor these days..
It is more about the lack of willingness to have a customer centric approach I think.
the previous servo is 4 years old, 10kva still fine. need to check the carbon bush.
that noise during regulation is the concern with servo, and relay based does at zero crossing(and quite fast) to minimize it but loses out on regulation. best of both worlds = static

any idea of the emi/rf filters on servo, pics appreciated.
not the surge protection with MOV's

Sorry, no idea about the filters on servo.

Last edited:
Has anybody tried Vertex static voltage stabilizer, can you please share your experience. Looks like this brand has good reputation for their servos. I am little confused to decide on which brand svc to choose.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back